Van plows into pedestrians in Toronto

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Van plows into pedestrians in Toronto

Post by OneGun »

When will the legislature outlaw vehicular homicide?? Then this would not happen again.

:banghead:
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

allisji
Posts in topic: 7

Post by allisji »

Based on what the MSM is reporting it sounds like another depressed and deranged individual. An outcast young man who had had enough and snapped. Wanted to commit suicide by cop, but they were able to take him alive.

Based on video, it looked like he had a gun pointed at the officer, and reports are that he was shouting "Kill me!"

Looks like the officers got him to drop the weapon and lie down. I wonder if his gun were a real firearm, and if it was loaded.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

TexDotCom

Post by TexDotCom »

"Man plows into pedestrians in Toronto"

Fixed the title for you. It's about putting the blame where it belongs.

:txflag:

dawgfishboy

Post by dawgfishboy »

TexDotCom wrote:"Man plows into pedestrians in Toronto"

Fixed the title for you. It's about putting the blame where it belongs.

:txflag:
Sounds like a typical Black Friday sale.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

allisji wrote:Based on what the MSM is reporting it sounds like another depressed and deranged individual. An outcast young man who had had enough and snapped. Wanted to commit suicide by cop, but they were able to take him alive.

Based on video, it looked like he had a gun pointed at the officer, and reports are that he was shouting "Kill me!"

Looks like the officers got him to drop the weapon and lie down. I wonder if his gun were a real firearm, and if it was loaded.
What? They didn't shoot him because his gun didn't look like a cell phone!

allisji

Post by allisji »

WTR wrote:
allisji wrote:Based on what the MSM is reporting it sounds like another depressed and deranged individual. An outcast young man who had had enough and snapped. Wanted to commit suicide by cop, but they were able to take him alive.

Do police in Canada carry guns? Maybe they just had batons.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

allisji wrote:
WTR wrote:

They confront perps by yelling "Stop or I shall yell 'Stop' again!"

allisji

Post by allisji »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
allisji wrote:
WTR wrote:

I know that we're talking about Toronto, but that sounds like something from a Monty Python skit, which would be entirely accurate based on what I understand about law enforcement in Great Britain today.
LTC since 2015

allisji

Post by allisji »

Have they considered installing signs on their sidewalks proclaiming that they are "AUTOMOTIVE FREE ZONES"?
LTC since 2015

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
allisji wrote:
WTR wrote:

Laugh all you want. Apparently it worked. If the Police didn't have weapons , they at least showed spine, unlike some instances here where people are shot for appearing to have a gun or going for their waist bands. Kudos to the LEOs. Now shoot the perp and put him out of our misery.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Is he a Kookoo, a home grown terrorist, a mass murder or ...
it does not matter. No one stopped the attack. Total failure.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”