4 suspects break in, pistol whip homeowner and robbery

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 2

4 suspects break in, pistol whip homeowner and robbery

Post by Odinvalknir »

http://abc13.com/3387483/

Little kids in the mix, and all. Hope the next house these guys so brazenly break into will be occupied by someone who can fight back.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 4 suspects break in, pistol whip homeowner and robbery

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Once again we see multiple attackers. This is the new normal folks, so be sure to take that into consideration when deciding on a firearm and when training/practicing. Oh yeah, what a great time to have an AR-15!

Chas.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Looks like one had a Glock with 33 round magazine. Shame they didn't meet a homeowner armed with an AR-15.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Once again we see multiple attackers. This is the new normal folks, so be sure to take that into consideration when deciding on a firearm and when training/practicing. Oh yeah, what a great time to have an AR-15!

Chas.
:iagree:

And yet the left would prefer that these women and children be terrorized, pistol-whipped and robbed rather than have the means to protect themselves. Gun grabbers are almost as despicable as these thugs.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Allons

Post by Allons »

bblhd672 wrote:Looks like one had a Glock with 33 round magazine. Shame they didn't meet a homeowner armed with an AR-15.
Or a 12 gauge with some buck shot.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

flechero

Post by flechero »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Once again we see multiple attackers. This is the new normal folks, so be sure to take that into consideration when deciding on a firearm and when training/practicing. Oh yeah, what a great time to have an AR-15!

Chas.
This is a troubling pattern... I have been pretty lax about HD weapons lately- only having my CC out of the safe. I would not want to face multiple home invaders with only my CC on a day I was carrying a SS 9. (no offense meant towards the 9mm crowd) I'm much more competent an confident with my 1911. I guess I need to rethink the home defense strategy more carefully. Perhaps a double stack P320 or SP2022 in a quick access safe. Well, that's a topic for a new thread.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Allons wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Looks like one had a Glock with 33 round magazine. Shame they didn't meet a homeowner armed with an AR-15.
Yup, #4 buckshot in a Maverick. Inexpensive and awesome.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

This thread prompted me to sign up for an IDPA match next week.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

flechero wrote:

Chas.
This is a troubling pattern... I have been pretty lax about HD weapons lately- only having my CC out of the safe. I would not want to face multiple home invaders with only my CC on a day I was carrying a SS 9. (no offense meant towards the 9mm crowd) I'm much more competent an confident with my 1911. I guess I need to rethink the home defense strategy more carefully. Perhaps a double stack P320 or SP2022 in a quick access safe. Well, that's a topic for a new thread.
Multiple attackers is one of the reasons I carry extra magazines. My every day carry is my home defense as well. I carry my M&P with 16+1 and two additional 16 round magazines. My wife carries her Walther PPS 8+1. I also carry a Ruger LCR .38 as a BUG. And pepper gel, and a knife. Not because I expect to need it all, but because machines will fail and also because I don't get to pick the ambush.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

flechero wrote:

Chas.
A basic AR Carbine with 55grain soft points will do the trick just fine....actually better than your double stack 9mm (which I also have). Warning.... whatever you use, inside a house it is going to be LOUD. For that reason, I have suppressed both my carbine and my G17. It’s still going to be loud, but less terrifying to the small children that live in my house.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

flechero wrote:

Chas.
The FN FNX-45 is a good pistol choice and the standard model isn't too expensive. 15 rounds of 45 ACP in the magazine is comforting. There are lots of 9mm options in the 18 to 20 round mag category.

I imagine any sort of return fire is going to see most of these guys going the other direction. However, you can't always count on that.

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Even though there are multiple attackers, while having that extra capacity would probably be a good idea at the same time most of these people are cowards and or unprepared for someone to bite back. So even with a 1911 you put a few rounds at them and they will take off running because they did not expect to even be confronted. Granted there are those out there who are bad and crazy enough to not give a damn, but for the most part when I see this kind of stuff if a homeowner is intent on protecting themselves and their family and fight back the attackers just run away. Obviously you cannot always count on that to happen but that is what extra magazines are for period or just a gun with a good ammo capacity to begin with.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

rotor wrote:
Allons wrote:
For me, it's #1 buck in a 930SPX. 8 rounds total 120 .30 caliber lead balls. It'll leave a mark.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Allons

Post by Allons »

Pawpaw wrote:
rotor wrote:
Allons wrote:
For me, it's #1 buck in a 930SPX. 8 rounds total 120 .30 caliber lead balls. It'll leave a mark.
I think someone will need a tourniquet. :thumbs2:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

equin

Post by equin »

Sickening to watch, especially when I saw those poor little kids. Really makes me re-think about my home defense and protection of my family.
Ed

Return to “The Crime Blotter”