Active Shooter reported at Santa Fe High School

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Active Shooter reported at Santa Fe High School

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Art Acevedo...If he had his way, he'd turn Texas into California. :mad5 :banghead: :grumble

aero10
Posts in topic: 1

Post by aero10 »

philip964 wrote: 6. Ban backpacks and long coats from school premises.
( I never had a backpack at school, I managed )
It surprised me he had a trench coat. When I graduated high school (2005) we weren't allowed to have trench coats and our backpacks had to be clear or mesh. These were rules put in place post-Columbine. It's amazes me how the "security" ebbs and flows with time.

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ninjabread »

K.Mooneyham wrote:Art Acevedo...If he had his way, he'd turn Texas into California. :mad5 :banghead: :grumble
I'm sure he thinks that's a good first step on the road to Cuba under Castro.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

NotRPB wrote:No one claims their linked to Antifa.
The claim is they both had the hammer and sickle symbol used by Antifa

Same with people Influenced by ISIS, that doesn't mean they went there, got trained and paid dues and joined ISIS.

These school shooters being influenced by that ideology is a red flag people should watch for. If I see something like a kid wearing Hammer and sickle symbols, my awareness just goes up another level. And, perhaps it should. Fool me once shame on you/fool me twice ... I should pay better attention.
It is reported that the shooter is Neo-Nazi sympathizer. I did not want to mention it yet here on the forum till more info is released. The anti-immigrant and anti none-white movement is spewing such actors as mass murderers of the first degree. In the addition to the victims, the rest of us would suffer the consequences.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Frank59

Post by Frank59 »

Until we change the culture of the way our children are raised and educated i fear this trend will only get worse. It all started when politically correct leftists hijacked our public schools years ago.
Retired U.S. Army Sharp Shooter

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Frank59 wrote:Until we change the culture of the way our children are raised and educated i fear this trend will only get worse. It all started when politically correct leftists hijacked our public schools years ago.
:iagree: When we fail to teach morality and the difference between right and wrong, good and evil, when all thngs are pertmitted and all things are equal, then there is no reason not to murder. It all becomes "relative".

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

Beiruty wrote:
NotRPB wrote:No one claims their linked to Antifa.
The claim is they both had the hammer and sickle symbol used by Antifa

Same with people Influenced by ISIS, that doesn't mean they went there, got trained and paid dues and joined ISIS.

These school shooters being influenced by that ideology is a red flag people should watch for. If I see something like a kid wearing Hammer and sickle symbols, my awareness just goes up another level. And, perhaps it should. Fool me once shame on you/fool me twice ... I should pay better attention.
It is reported that the shooter is Neo-Nazi sympathizer. I did not want to mention it yet here on the forum till more info is released. The anti-immigrant and anti none-white movement is spewing such actors as mass murderers of the first degree. In the addition to the victims, the rest of us would suffer the consequences.
His parents are Greek immigrants.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Frank59 wrote:Until we change the culture of the way our children are raised and educated i fear this trend will only get worse. It all started when politically correct leftists hijacked our public schools years ago.
:iagree: When we fail to teach morality and the difference between right and wrong, good and evil, when all thngs are pertmitted and all things are equal, then there is no reason not to murder. It all becomes "relative".

BINGO!

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

I personally think a lot of the issue is social media. It gives a false sense that everyone's life is better than yours. It's rare to see people post about the bad in there life on social media so it looks like all lives but yours are great. As an adult we know this isn't true but I imagine this is hard on teens.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

There will always be schizophrenics and psychopaths among the general population (~2%). As a society we need to do a better job of identifying and insuring that these sorts of people don't do harm to other people.

That said the kids these days are facing a mental health crisis:

The Millennial Mental Health Crisis – Why Are Our Youth Depressed?

Some reasons the article does not discuss are so many kids these days have divorced parents and of course the loss of Christian teaching in school and faith in general.

The Forefathers founded the nation on the Christian Faith, Morality, Law, Education, and Liberty. Each is essential.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

chamberc wrote:She's dead. Confirmed.
If the family has any preference, please post favored charitable causes. I'm not rich, but I would like to show my respects with a small donation. I realize it's a weak gesture/ My wife is a teacher, and my family grieves for yours.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

gtolbert09 wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... /625751002

"I know some have strong feelings about gun rights but I want you to know I’ve hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views...
There is symmetry in this. I find I am not interested in Acevedo's views.

His job performance and his faith to the law as passed, that's a different deal. I am in Houston several times a year. I intend to follow all laws and be a good citizen, but I don't intend to disarm to go to his jurisdiction.

I understand the pain is a cruel burden for anyone hurt by this madness. If Acevedo weren't politicizing tragedy I would be more sympathetic to him, and I am certainly mourning for those affected.

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Paladin wrote:There will always be schizophrenics and psychopaths among the general population (~2%). As a society we need to do a better job of identifying and insuring that these sorts of people don't do harm to other people.
III% can overthrow tyranny. II% can wreak havoc.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

chamberc wrote:She's dead. Confirmed.
chamberc, I am so, so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my family’s prayers.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Wag2323 wrote:I personally think a lot of the issue is social media. It gives a false sense that everyone's life is better than yours. It's rare to see people post about the bad in there life on social media so it looks like all lives but yours are great. As an adult we know this isn't true but I imagine this is hard on teens.
Agreed, the anonymity of social media and a media that sensationalizes the events.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”