Active Shooter reported at Santa Fe High School

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Active Shooter reported at Santa Fe High School

Post by bigtek »

People are quick to blame video games or music when the real cause is usually bad parenting.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

:rules:
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

NotRPB wrote:No one claims their linked to Antifa.
The claim is they both had the hammer and sickle symbol used by Antifa

Same with people Influenced by ISIS, that doesn't mean they went there, got trained and paid dues and joined ISIS.

These school shooters being influenced by that ideology is a red flag people should watch for. If I see something like a kid wearing Hammer and sickle symbols, my awareness just goes up another level. And, perhaps it should. Fool me once shame on you/fool me twice ... I should pay better attention.
How disinginuos can you get. You infer he is linked to ANTIFA by showing a picture of a fake planted T shirt. What don't you understand about fake. I'm no fan of ANTIFA, anti 2A idiots or the left in general. However , I'm not going around like chicken little making false claims to bolster the right. You make us sound like fools grasping at staws.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I thought (quite a long time ago, but the idea keeps rearing it's head) violent tv shows/games were disproven as causes of violent behavior.

I have watched on tv (I would guess) thousands of people acting violent with a gun, knife, fist, kick etc. and I started watching this as a small kid up to the present. Never did I think it had any bearing on my real life behavior any more than 'reading' about violent behavior has caused me to act violent.

If you cause harm to others when they've done you no harm, you're simply a very disturbed criminal of one sort or another.

The attitude that tv, games, reading books as proof of violent behavior reminds me of how some folks think communism in all it's iterations, will work, if just applied right, so it keeps popping up over and over and over...

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by K.Mooneyham »

NotRPB wrote:No one claims their linked to Antifa.
The claim is they both had the hammer and sickle symbol used by Antifa

Same with people Influenced by ISIS, that doesn't mean they went there, got trained and paid dues and joined ISIS.

These school shooters being influenced by that ideology is a red flag people should watch for. If I see something like a kid wearing Hammer and sickle symbols, my awareness just goes up another level. And, perhaps it should. Fool me once shame on you/fool me twice ... I should pay better attention.
:iagree:

BINGO! Exactly.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

WTR wrote:
NotRPB wrote:Step 1
Identify the Problem:

What do these school mass shooters have in common?

(hint: Symbols, [used by Antifa])
Links to shooter and ANTIFA apparently are fake news with fake social media accounts having been set up to disiminate this garbage. I watched FOX most of the evening after work and no mention of a possible come toon was even hinted at.
I have not seen these symbols when shown on Fox 4 Dallas. However when they show his Facebook page he does have a red upside pentegram at the top that NO ONE mentions. Most know what that means.

philip964
Posts in topic: 12

Post by philip964 »

Daily News Headline:

“With yesterday’s massacre in Texas, there have now been more teachers or students killed by guns in U. S. Schools than active-duty military deaths in 2018. No headline can do this justice. “

Most of this was in caps and took up the entire front page.

Sobering.

I will be sending letters to many elected officials including Governor Abbott, suggesting:

1. Allowing on body Licensed Concealed Carry at all schools.

2. Requiring proper locks be installed on all classroom doors, and that doors be kept locked, except between classes.

3. Fire alarm systems be turned into emergency alarm ststems, so that the proper response can be given, depending on the type of emergency.

4. Emergency fire exits be kept locked from the outside at all times, so that schools have a secure perimeter.

5. Require schools to perform emergency drills.

6. Ban backpacks and long coats from school premises.
( I never had a backpack at school, I managed )

In the early 1900’s school deaths from fire were a problem. Changes to school design and fire drills ended those problems. This is now the issue, it can be solved just as successfully with these changes.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

For example electronic shot detectors triggering an emergency voice alarm.

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MaduroBU »

The peditricians all set out to van violent video games in the 1990s. They did quite a bit of research on the topic, but wound up finding no link between time spent watching tv and violent acts. Flash forward to now, where we see that all of the shooters play a lot of violent video games. There is some effect which we can't measure in normal, well socialized kids that comes out in mentally abnormal, poorly socialized kids.

I went argue that violent games are good for kids, but there The tendency to wanton violence is certainly limited. The real goal is to find these kids BEFORE this kind of tragedy.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by crazy2medic »

Until our schools are allowed to have and maintain an armed presence this stuff will continue, allow teachers to carry, allow trained and vetted armed volunteers in our schools, until we harden our schools and meet force with force this stuff will continue!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

MaduroBU wrote:The peditricians all set out to van violent video games in the 1990s. They did quite a bit of research on the topic, but wound up finding no link between time spent watching tv and violent acts. Flash forward to now, where we see that all of the shooters play a lot of violent video games. There is some effect which we can't measure in normal, well socialized kids that comes out in mentally abnormal, poorly socialized kids.

I went argue that violent games are good for kids, but there The tendency to wanton violence is certainly limited. The real goal is to find these kids BEFORE this kind of tragedy.
Perhaps the difference would be all of the ADHD drugs that makes some kids react differently to violent video games/television shows/movies/music/etc.?

Still think Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin is onto something with his views on the fallen state of our society.

https://youtu.be/F6XTVuUP0Ho
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

dlh

Post by dlh »

Things sure have changed. As a kid I grew up in the early sixties. The boys on the block would play baseball, football, board games, then we would "play war." We loved shooting one another with our toy guns and stabbing one another with our rubber knives. Nobody thought anything about it. Try that today and some jumpy neighbor would call SWAT, the boys would be arrested, and then taken down to juvenile for psychological evaluations. Sad.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gtolbert09 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... /625751002

"I know some have strong feelings about gun rights but I want you to know I’ve hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views as it pertains to this issue," he wrote. "I have never accepted the status-quo in anything I do and I’ve never accepted defeat. And I won’t do it now."
"I will continue to speak up and will stand up for what my heart and my God commands me to do, and I assure you he hasn’t instructed me to believe that gun-rights are bestowed by him," Acevedo said.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Does Art Acevedo stand for releasing body camera footage when his officers gun down fleeing homeless people?

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Killadocg23 »

Did anybody see the video of the guy that showed up in a Make America great Hat again and his gun OC and the American flag talking about he is there for support? I am all for the second amendment but he took it a bit too far especially what happened an hour or two early. In my mind he is an IDIOT. The school just was shot up and you want to be OC and talking about support? Makes no sense.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Stimulants have been historically over prescribed. I'm internal medicine in an exclusively hospital setting, so I never really initiate them, but many of my friends are psychiatrists and or pediatricians. I also know many Who are ADHD and very high functioning people. For real ADHD, stimulants calm them and aid focus even with video games. For hyper or bored children, the drugs do little good and are often counterproductive.

In terms of mental health issues related to acts of mass violence, I have to wonder if the rising prevalence of ASD is linked. There is a reporting bias in that kids who are diagnosed and treated aren't as likely to become shooters, with corner cases like Adam Lanza being the exception that proves the rule.

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

bigtek wrote:People are quick to blame video games or music when the real cause is usually bad parenting.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

:rules:
Yes :iagree: Raising children to have reverence for the Creator. And this starts at home.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”