‘Gun Jugging’ on the Rise in Houston

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Re: ‘Gun Jugging’ on the Rise in Houston

Post by Grayling813 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:38 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:00 am This is why I carry my car insurance card in my wallet, and leave nothing in the car that has address on it.
I carry a minimalist wallet as my pockets are usually full with one or two (work) phones, knife, OC spray, etc. But I understand the need for having the insurance card handy. My State Farm app on my phone has it available to me. Haven't had to show it to LEO (fingers crossed) but I've used it quite a few times for getting my car inspected. One less piece of paper I have to keep in the vehicle/wallet.
I have the SF app as well. If you hand over your unlocked phone to LEO, he may examine anything on it.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: ‘Gun Jugging’ on the Rise in Houston

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:50 pm I have the SF app as well. If you hand over your unlocked phone to LEO, he may examine anything on it.
There are several "application lock" apps you can install to lock down apps that require authentication in order to access. Short of court order to share my biometrics, I'm not to concerned about handing over my phone. Being in IT and someone, who at social gatherings, has handed over his phone to show pictures and stuff, I've learned the hard way to know what an unlocked phone can show.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”