U of H Kidnapping at Gunpoint

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Re: U of H Kidnapping at Gunpoint

Post by Oldgringo »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Did you read the whole article? Geez...

.....Authorities also are investigating a sex assault that occurred at the university's dorms early Thursday morning. A student who lives in the Moody Towers says she was asleep when a suspect entered her room and fondled her. The student awoke during the incident and the suspect immediately fled the room.
hmmm....lock the door?
Yea, everyone knows a criminal would only enter through an unlocked door. :headscratch
Right on, Bro! Sometimes they'll come in through a window or down the chimney, etc. If you have any evidence of a evildoer entering a dwelling under a locked door, please share it with us.

karl
Posts in topic: 1

Post by karl »

My least favorite things to find in my UH inbox: criminal activity updates.

On the up side a suspect has been named in the dorm break-in and a warrant has been issued.

The alleged scum bag has no affiliation with the university, police say.

Story here.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Well, now, let's not get carried away. It says right there in the official UH flyer that she wasn't harmed! Really not even worth reporting on, let alone compiling in the statistics on crime on campus.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I read the "criminal activity update" report:

You've got to be kidding me! Say it ain't so!

People pay money to go there? How'd this dude get in the girl's dorm to start with? What a crock!

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

RHenriksen wrote:Well, now, let's not get carried away. It says right there in the official UH flyer that she wasn't harmed! Really not even worth reporting on, let alone compiling in the statistics on crime on campus.
It's comments like this that make me realize how stone cold oblivious (10 year old safe word in place of preferred words) men are when it comes to sexual assault.

Waking from your sleep to find yourself being fondled by a home invader.... :banghead:
Some harm is the kind you can't see. That kind of harm often leaves a deeper scar than the physical kind.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

RoyGBiv wrote:
RHenriksen wrote:Well, now, let's not get carried away. It says right there in the official UH flyer that she wasn't harmed! Really not even worth reporting on, let alone compiling in the statistics on crime on campus.
It's comments like this that make me realize how stone cold oblivious (10 year old safe word in place of preferred words) men are when it comes to sexual assault.

Waking from your sleep to find yourself being fondled by a home invader.... :banghead:
Some harm is the kind you can't see. That kind of harm often leaves a deeper scar than the physical kind.
Sorry, I guess my humor is a bit too dry sometimes. My tongue was firmly planted in-cheek!
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

RHenriksen wrote: Sorry, I guess my humor is a bit too dry sometimes. My tongue was firmly planted in-cheek!
Sorry... my sarcasm detector must be malfunctioning this morning... :oops:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”