Public Meeting on the Parking Lot Bill

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Public Meeting on the Parking Lot Bill

Post by Dave2 »

TrueFlog wrote:Finally got this up and running on my Android, although all the audio is coming through the left earpiece. Here's how I got there:
1. Install MPlayer for Android http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=890761
2. Launch MPlayer
3. Tap the Menu key and select "Open URL"
4. Enter the URL [url]rtsp://realvideoe.house.state.tx.us:554/broadcast/10.20.9.35/broadcast/committee/cmte37.rm[/url]
5. Wait 10-20 seconds for the video to load
I can't even get it to work with the actual Real Player application.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 17

Post by RPB »

Moving right along:

5:37 p.m.
HB 663 Kleinschmidt
Relating to procedures for amending restrictions governing certain residential subdivisions.

:yawn :yawn :yawn :waiting:

I drove across town, visited with about 1/3 the residents of my town, ate dinner, and came back, guess I didn't miss much.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RHenriksen »

It's eye-opening (well... eye *closing*) to see/hear the wheels of government turn.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

ok parking lots now :hurry: :biggrinjester: :clapping:

6:11 p.m.
Last edited by RPB on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Aggie_engr »

6:10pm just started debate on HB-681!!! :hurry: Finally got past HOA and solar panels... :lol::

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

That one guy wants immunity from criminal liability too, in addition to getting rid of civil gross negligence? :headscratch Trying to get more immunity than they currently have.

I think Immunity should be extended to those employers allowing carry, but the employer must assume all liability for safety for the entire trip from and to work, if they refuse, including all civil damages for failing to protect, without recourse to discharging in bankruptcy or anything.. So, I'd like to create a "liability" for which they currently don't claim legal responsibility, but are, if they disallow people to carry to and from work.

I'm used to watching Campus things where they very scared of what they don't see on someone who is a responsible CHL so this is interesting since some seemed concerned with MPA carriers, but less so with CHLs.

I keep wanting to jump up and say MPA carriers had background checks like I would for CHLs, but ... so this is interesting.

Edited to add, T.J. the last speaker brought this up , sue the employer for failing to protect when he could have been armed to and from work, but for employer policy
Last edited by RPB on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

Aggie_engr

Post by Aggie_engr »

The current gentleman at 6:45pm would like to see a provision to limit the number of handguns to one per vehicle. He noted that Texas law does not specify how many handguns a person may carry on their person and it must scare him. :totap: He also mentions that having the gun in your vehicle would allow one to take out revenge for being parted from the company, even though someone can just drive home, retrieve one, and return at a later point in time. :roll:

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Aggie_engr wrote:The current gentleman at 6:45pm would like to see a provision to limit the number of handguns to one per vehicle. He noted that Texas law does not specify how many handguns a person may carry on their person and it must scare him. :totap: He also mentions that having the gun in your vehicle would allow one to take out revenge for being parted from the company, even though someone can just drive home, retrieve one, and return at a later point in time. :roll:
Listening to that guy ... sounds like he needs to screen who he fires better prior to hiring them if he usually has to call the Sheriff Dept every time he fires someone.... maybe he's really calling Immigration?

He quoted 28% of stolen guns were taken from vehicles (this would be good to quote as a reason for carrying inside class at college rather than storing in cars)

I think the $20.00 gun safes being required in cars could overcome some objections on employer Parking lots. I avoid mentioning safes on campus debates as it makes more sense to carry them in secured than leave in cars.
I'm no lawyer

TrueFlog
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TrueFlog »

Dave2 wrote:
TrueFlog wrote:Finally got this up and running on my Android, although all the audio is coming through the left earpiece. Here's how I got there:
1. Install MPlayer for Android http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=890761
2. Launch MPlayer
3. Tap the Menu key and select "Open URL"
4. Enter the URL [url]rtsp://realvideoe.house.state.tx.us:554/broadcast/10.20.9.35/broadcast/committee/cmte37.rm[/url]
5. Wait 10-20 seconds for the video to load
I can't even get it to work with the actual Real Player application.
Yeah, the Android Real Player app is still in beta, and it's a piece of junk. That's why I had to install MPlayer.

Topic author
Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Liberty »

Where are our supporters?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

Liberty wrote:Where are our supporters?
Just wait, I am sure they are there. And, a good trial lawyer wants to know what they have to debut.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

TrueFlog
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TrueFlog »

At 7:15, the citizen had made multiple references to companies that allow weapons in their vehicles. One of the reps asked him, for all those companies, how many fatalities they've had in recent years. Excellent follow-up! The citizen, who up to that point had be well-prepared, was left speechless. And the rep didn't let him off the hook - if he's got all these fears, where are the numbers to back them up?

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Are employers wanting a list of CHL holding employees so they can allow them only? .... I can't see that being a good idea.
I'm no lawyer

Aggie_engr

Post by Aggie_engr »

Alice Trip from TSRA testifying for the bill at 7:28pm!!! :cheers2:

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

Why the emphasis on CHL by Ms. Tripp? Seems like this argument lends itself to making this a CHL only bill. Of course if it became a CHL only bill our ranks would sky rocket.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”