Senator Hinojosa

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Senator Hinojosa

Post by A-R »

Is Senator Hinojosa still believed to be one of the holdouts on sending SB 354 (campus carry) to the floor for a vote?

If so, then the man is a HYPOCRITE because he is listed as one of the co-sponsors of SB 905 that exempts lawmakers from PC 46.035 unlawful carry by a license holder.

Maybe he thinks SB 905 will make it OK for him to carry a gun on a plane ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Hinojosa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think we all need to call, email, and fax the senator and tell him that if he supports SB 905 for himself then he needs to support SB 354 and SB 321 (parking lots) for the rest of us.

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Senator Hinojosa

Post by Jasonw560 »

Charles is probably better informed about this that I am, but it appears he is. He has been listening to his constiuents, or so his staff says. My thought is the Woodheads are randomly picking addresses out of his district from which to contact him, or not telling the staff at all.
He alo has his CHL.
Call his staff, fax, and email.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 2

Post by A-R »

Chuy voter SB 905 out of committee yesterday.

HYPOCRITE!

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

Maybe politely call his staff and ask what's the difference between those state employees and others, such as professors.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Texas Size 11
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texas Size 11 »

There's always a double standard with politicians. I'm not a fan...you just take the lesser of two evils with any of them.
Never pet a burning dog...

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

The lesser of two evils is not always the devil you know.

They get to vote now. We get to vote in November.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

O.F.Fascist

Post by O.F.Fascist »

Jasonw560 wrote:He has been listening to his constiuents, or so his staff says.
Thats what they told me, I said that I was one of his constituents, and that it was my opinion that if he voted for this bill the type of constituents that oppose it were unlikely to vote against him in the next election, however if he votes against it myself and this bills supporters are the type of people that would make sure to vote against him.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

O.F.Fascist wrote:
Thats what they told me, I said that I was one of his constituents, and that it was my opinion that if he voted for this bill the type of constituents that oppose it were unlikely to vote against him in the next election, however if he votes against it myself and this bills supporters are the type of people that would make sure to vote against him.
Good logical response imho :thumbs2:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

RPB wrote:
O.F.Fascist wrote:
Good logical response imho :thumbs2:
:iagree:

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”