HB 2756 Open Carry bill reported favorably

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 4

HB 2756 Open Carry bill reported favorably

Post by baldeagle »

I don't know if this means anything at this late stage, but the House open carry bill was reported favorably without amendments.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Re: HB 2756 Open Carry bill reported favorably

Post by RPB »

With SB5 getting Amendment 7 (SB 354) in the Senate
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44576&p=540013#p539809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And with 3 MORE Campus carry bills (in addition to HB 750) and open carry favorably out of committee in the House today
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=44596" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It means Johnny Woods will need track shoes to run back and forth and might confuse himself with which mis-information he gave whom.

:mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

jordanmills
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jordanmills »

Is there time for anything to get done about it?

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

jordanmills wrote:Is there time for anything to get done about it?
Yes
I'm no lawyer

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by steveincowtown »

Pardon my ignorance here, but can TSRA or NRA approach a Sentate member so that the companion bill (if it happens) has better language about 30.06 signs?
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

tacticool
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tacticool »

steveincowtown wrote:Pardon my ignorance here, but can TSRA or NRA approach a Sentate member so that the companion bill (if it happens) has better language about 30.06 signs?
Is there a companion bill in the senate? I didn't think so but I haven't been following the OC dark horse closely.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

74novaman
Posts in topic: 14

Post by 74novaman »

TxLobo wrote:news story on open carry...? (if I missed it during a search, I apologize) .. :tiphat:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/04/28/stat ... -handguns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
holy crud there is a lot of stupid comments by antis under that article. And wasn't the Hurst mayor a member of Bloombers MAIG group? Gee, I wonder why they picked him to talk to.... :roll: :roll:
TANSTAAFL

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Thursday 5 pm
my fox austin news at 5 had a pretty long video which they'll probably post later tonight or tomorrow here
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stor ... -ktbcw-apx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also mentioned other bills by the author where Texas can make and sell the light bulbs the Feds banned ;-)

Real good piece on open carry.
I'm no lawyer

AggieLCP
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AggieLCP »

I'm afraid if open carry passes we will see a lot more 30.06 postings. I don't see OC as a good thing, I like concealed.

The state needs to hurry up and pass the parking lot bill though.

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 10

Post by G.A. Heath »

<sarcasm>You mean it made it out of committee? I thought the TSRA, NRA, CHLforum, and others were conspiring to kill every chance for OC... Killing it in committee provides the best chance for success, so are they conspiring to let it pass so they look like they support it now?</sarcasm>
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

G.A. Heath wrote:<sarcasm>You mean it made it out of committee? I thought the TSRA, NRA, CHLforum, and others were conspiring to kill every chance for OC... Killing it in committee provides the best chance for success, so are they conspiring to let it pass so they look like they support it now?</sarcasm>
"rlol" :rolll :smilelol5: :lol:

Chas.

redlin67

Post by redlin67 »

During the testimony even Alice Tripp approved the bill in absentia, even though she did so without comments.
Taurus PT111
Ruger LCP

5/26/10 Plastic

To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage.
Confucius

jecsd1
Banned

Post by jecsd1 »

steveincowtown wrote:Pardon my ignorance here, but can TSRA or NRA approach a Sentate member so that the companion bill (if it happens) has better language about 30.06 signs?
Had HB 2756 been left as originally drafted there would be no concern about 30.06. It was drafted as constitutional carry with no mention of 30.06 but certain "individuals" got their hands on it in League and changed it to licensed OC. Either way, this preoccupation with extra 30.06 signs is as silly as the blood in the streets talk 15 years ago when CHL got started. Think critically and stop believing everything you're fed.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

jecsd1 wrote:
Had HB 2756 been left as originally drafted there would be no concern about 30.06. It was drafted as constitutional carry with no mention of 30.06 but certain "individuals" got their hands on it in League and changed it to licensed OC. Either way, this preoccupation with extra 30.06 signs is as silly as the blood in the streets talk 15 years ago when CHL got started. Think critically and stop believing everything you're fed.
There's nothing silly about the 30.06 concern and belittling those opinions doesn't help get open-carry passed.

Chas.

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”