HB 2756 Open Carry bill reported favorably

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

para driver
Posts in topic: 6

Re: HB 2756 Open Carry bill reported favorably

Post by para driver »

hirundo82 wrote:It's dead for this session. Hopefully there will be a better thought-out and coordinated effort in the future.
I think this was a little too much too fast, to change this all at once... perhaps the first step is just to decriminalize accidental or temporary display by a CHL?

And someone asked how do you identify the Police vs. someone that just open carrys? I guess that would be the badge the police also have on their belt?

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

para driver wrote:
hirundo82 wrote:It's dead for this session. Hopefully there will be a better thought-out and coordinated effort in the future.
I think this was a little too much too fast, to change this all at once... perhaps the first step is just to decriminalize accidental or temporary display by a CHL?

And someone asked how do you identify the Police vs. someone that just open carrys? I guess that would be the badge the police also have on their belt?
It already IS decriminalized.
Not sure how you would define "temporary".
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

thinbluelinetx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by thinbluelinetx »

Right2Carry wrote:
CleverNickname wrote:
hirundo82 wrote:
Texas Flyer wrote:I've been talking to all of the police officers that I can and my friends that are cops and they ALL have one thing in common.....they are 110% against CHL holders open carrying. The word idiotic comes up a lot when they describe their feelings on the subject.
Ask them why they don't conceal when in uniform if concealed carry is so obviously superior to concealed carry.
That would be retarded because if they're in uniform everyone would know that they're still carrying a gun. And guess what, when cops are in plain clothes, they don't open carry.
I guess I was dreaming the other day. While at lunch at CiCi's pizza 9 plains clothes police officers entered for lunch. Every single one of them were open carrying!!
They were OC'ing because CiCi's is police friendly.... ;-)

para driver
Posts in topic: 6

Post by para driver »

nobody is going to argue with LEO about their OC....

rp_photo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rp_photo »

I only see OC as being viable when the main threat is animal and no strangers are nearby.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Post by flintknapper »

rp_photo wrote:I only see OC as being viable when the main threat is animal and no strangers are nearby.

Like when the Gov...popped that coyote? ;-)
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

JKTex
Posts in topic: 24

Post by JKTex »

sjfcontrol wrote:
para driver wrote:

It already IS decriminalized.
Not sure how you would define "temporary".
Hopefully he meant unintentional. But I wonder too, how do you decriminalize something that's not a crime?

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

flintknapper wrote:
rp_photo wrote:I only see OC as being viable when the main threat is animal and no strangers are nearby.

Open carry of an LCP is almost concealed.
CHL since 2/2011

Grizzly454

Post by Grizzly454 »

I,m not a fan of open advertisement, but i would like to have a concealed weapon permit like florida

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RPB »

rp_photo wrote:
flintknapper wrote:

Open carry of an LCP is almost concealed.
:mrgreen: Just brought back a memory

Did anyone else have this belt buckle as a kid? Though that's a toy cap gun (it swung open and fired when you pooch your tummy out, or could be used hand-held removed from buckle), the NAA/Freedom Arms real .22 ones pictured below.
Toy Cap gun belt buckle I had ( I outdrew many a bad man as a 5-year old with this)
real gun belt buckle.22
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...I did...for a short while!!! when the Mattell buckle gun came out, with the brass shell with a spring in it and the grey plastic bullet that really shot out the barrel, I had to have one...got it for Christmas...about the third day back to school in January...I suffered an ND in class and the bullet bounced off the blackboard(not greenboard) that the teacher was writing on...she had me pull the gun off the buckle and it resided in her desk drawer till the last day of school...and I had to make excuses why I didn't play with my buckle gun at home...

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

speedsix wrote:...I did...for a short while!!! when the Mattell buckle gun came out, with the brass shell with a spring in it and the grey plastic bullet that really shot out the barrel, I had to have one...got it for Christmas...about the third day back to school in January...I suffered an ND in class and the bullet bounced off the blackboard(not greenboard) that the teacher was writing on...she had me pull the gun off the buckle and it resided in her desk drawer till the last day of school...and I had to make excuses why I didn't play with my buckle gun at home...
At least the teacher handled the problem in a reasonable manner. We need to roll back PC and zero tolerance and run schools as we did 40 years ago.
CHL since 2/2011

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RPB »

speedsix wrote:...I did...for a short while!!! when the Mattell buckle gun came out, with the brass shell with a spring in it and the grey plastic bullet that really shot out the barrel, I had to have one...got it for Christmas...about the third day back to school in January...I suffered an ND in class and the bullet bounced off the blackboard(not greenboard) that the teacher was writing on...she had me pull the gun off the buckle and it resided in her desk drawer till the last day of school...and I had to make excuses why I didn't play with my buckle gun at home...
:mrgreen:
I think my parents controlled my ammo, much like California/Illinois try to do now.

New Ammo Tax Proposed in Illinois
http://pprnnews.prepperpodcast.com/new- ... z1n7uopixi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

old farmer

Post by old farmer »

:tiphat:
You were not expelled from school?> :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: Times have changed. :banghead:
I had one but was not permited to wear it to school. (Parent's gun control).
God Bliss America.

JKTex
Posts in topic: 24

Post by JKTex »

Holy grave digger!! :lol:

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”