Surprise, surprise, Lucio lies!!

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 2

Surprise, surprise, Lucio lies!!

Post by Jasonw560 »

Hopefully this is the right place and this link works.http://www.ammoland.com/2011/05/04/anot ... arguments/

Another great article by SCCC! Will call him on it tonight, and his office tomorrow.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

toddlinder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Surprise, surprise, Lucio lies!!

Post by toddlinder »

That is very interesting, a couple of weeks ago I had a good, long (3 or 4 minute) conversation with a staffer at his office . There were quotes of "completely integrated" and "they share all the same buildings, cafeteria, and common areas" and "there would be no way to section off the area where the High School students are"

Truth is it sounds like they share a library (and sidewalks). He must be getting some pretty strong opposition from the school or the VIP people in his world. I wonder if he voted for it last time because he knew it would not pass or if the VIPs had not pulled out their big guns (pardon the pun) of political pressure.

It was clear from my conversation with the staffer that they were only interested in hearing opinions and talking to people that are in his area. It became very clear that he was only trying to convince me that the Senator was "acting in the best interest of the children" because he thought I was in Lucio's area. More power to you guys down South, I hope it has some type of impact.

Topic author
Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Surprise, surprise, Lucio lies!!

Post by Jasonw560 »

toddlinder wrote:That is very interesting, a couple of weeks ago I had a good, long (3 or 4 minute) conversation with a staffer at his office . There were quotes of "completely integrated" and "they share all the same buildings, cafeteria, and common areas" and "there would be no way to section off the area where the High School students are"

Truth is it sounds like they share a library (and sidewalks). He must be getting some pretty strong opposition from the school or the VIP people in his world. I wonder if he voted for it last time because he knew it would not pass or if the VIPs had not pulled out their big guns (pardon the pun) of political pressure.

It was clear from my conversation with the staffer that they were only interested in hearing opinions and talking to people that are in his area. It became very clear that he was only trying to convince me that the Senator was "acting in the best interest of the children" because he thought I was in Lucio's area. More power to you guys down South, I hope it has some type of impact.
Thanks. Got the 3 tea parties in his district working on it. I'm working on an article about this for the papers down here, and hopefully it'll run next week, if at all.

Might not see Eddie #2 this next Senate session...you never know. ;-) If things hold like they are, only one or two changes are made, and CC doesn't pass this round, then it'll pass in 2013.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”