CALL TO ACTION: Employer Parking Lots SB321

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 5

Re: CALL TO ACTION: Employer Parking Lots SB321

Post by Jasonw560 »

MedicMan218 wrote:
Jasonw560 wrote:Done.

But what if someone lives in Rodriguez's District?
move!!
"rlol" :smilelol5: :rolll

I was thinking vote him out next election.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPB »

Jasonw560 wrote:
MedicMan218 wrote:
Jasonw560 wrote:Done.

But what if someone lives in Rodriguez's District?
move!!
"rlol" :smilelol5: :rolll

I was thinking vote him out next election.
The way some of these votes have gone; I have several optional locations where I "can" reside and may "move" to in order to campaign "against" a few people. I'm sure my ex-neighbors and/or uncle/cousins would house me a while so I can visit/LIVE with them and take a course or two at a college near them, (and get some coastal kayak fishing in) they've said so for years, and my brother's family can rent (for a nominal amount)/house sit (so my house insurance rates don't increase for an "unoccupied" house)...my house here as it's more convenient than their "boondocks" house which has no road going to it..

Sorry, almost got off topic ...

Calling today ;-)
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Everyone needs to call their Senator and as many others as you can and thank them for supporting and voting for SB321, the employer parking lot bill. (It passed the Senate 30-1 [Sen. Rodriquez voted "no"). Here is a link to the Senate http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Members/ ... ?Chamber=S" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please do likewise in the House. I realize there are 150 House Members, but please call as many as you can and you don't have to do it all in one day. In fact, it would be better of this occurred over the next 2 or 3 days. Here is the link: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Members/ ... ?Chamber=H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am asking this not only as a courtesy, so please call even if you haven't responded to any other calls-to-action.

Thanks,
Chas.
:thumbs2:
Sounds like an undisclosed "reason" to call (Hello all Brady/Woods cultists reading this) :mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

I just finished calling all 30 senators (phew!) to say 'thank you' for their votes for SB 321. Will tackle the House reps later...

Wound up having a very pleasant 15 minute conversation w. the staffer in Zaffirini's office about campus carry. Since she's the chair of the higher ed committee, there's basically a snowball's chance in hell that she'd vote for SB 354 as a tradeoff for removing the language from SB 5. Just too much united pressure from all the university heads. Plus all the hand-wringing from the Austin college students. But I was impressed with the lady I spoke with - friendly, didn't treat me like a leper for being one of those 'gun people', knowledgeable, etc.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

RHenriksen wrote:Wound up having a very pleasant 15 minute conversation w. the staffer in Zaffirini's office about campus carry. Since she's the chair of the higher ed committee, there's basically a snowball's chance in heck that she'd vote for SB 354 as a tradeoff for removing the language from SB 5. Just too much united pressure from all the university heads.
I hope the university heads vote for her and everyone else votes against her. That would be poetic justice. .
Indiana Lifetime Handgun License

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Frustrating. I know it's charmingly naive, but the universities don't elect senators... *we* elect senators :totap: But apparently what the universities want is more important than we, the people...

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Everyone needs to call their Senator and as many others as you can and thank them for supporting and voting for SB321, the employer parking lot bill. (It passed the Senate 30-1 [Sen. Rodriquez voted "no"). Here is a link to the Senate http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Members/ ... ?Chamber=S" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please do likewise in the House. I realize there are 150 House Members, but please call as many as you can and you don't have to do it all in one day. In fact, it would be better of this occurred over the next 2 or 3 days. Here is the link: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Members/ ... ?Chamber=H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am asking this not only as a courtesy, so please call even if you haven't responded to any other calls-to-action.

Thanks,
Chas.
Here is a much better phone list for the House - a single PDF file, one page, listing all the names & phone numbers. Easier to blow through the list calling everyone off a single cheat sheet!

http://www.house.state.tx.us/_media/pdf/capcmplx.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

And just go to the voting page, and check off the names that voted.

BTW, twitter people, you can contact Rep. Aaron Pena directly at @AaronPena.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

artx

Post by artx »

29 senators faxed (how curious Rodriguez is the one Senator without a fax number!)

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

RHenriksen wrote:Just too much united pressure from all the university heads. Plus all the hand-wringing from the Austin college students.
Funny how those few powerful people, as well as a few "chicken littles" can override the desires of the many. Did you ask her how that works?
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I'm beginning to believe that one of the more effective things the progun people can start doing is work to work to defund the anti-gun schools. Seems like the administrations have way to much time and money on their hands, and that they turning out way to many bedwetting hopophobes. Its time for taxpayers to stop supporting instutes that don't support the people their rights and their constitution.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

RHenriksen wrote:

Thanks,
Chas.
Here is a much better phone list for the House - a single PDF file, one page, listing all the names & phone numbers. Easier to blow through the list calling everyone off a single cheat sheet!

http://www.house.state.tx.us/_media/pdf/capcmplx.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is very handy. I didn't know it existed.

Thanks,
Chas.

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

All three of our local reps voted Yea! YEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!! :cheers2:
Just sent them all thank-yous.
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer