CALL TO ACTION: SB905

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 8

Re: CALL TO ACTION: SB905

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Jasonw560 wrote:Ironic, since they're saying people can have guns in cars and boats around kids, but not on campuses around adults.
:thumbs2: Very good point!!!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Paragrouper
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Paragrouper »

hirundo82 wrote:OK, so the version of SB905 from the second committee meeting (at least I think it is from the second meeting) is up, and it includes legislators and statewide elected officials like in the engrossed Senate version. I guess the legislators really want their special treatment.

SB905 has also been recommended for the Local and Uncontested Calendar. Am I correct in my recollection that that precludes attempts to amend the bill on the House floor?

I read through the House Committee Report and page three contains this amendment

COMMITTEE AMENDMENT NO. 1
SECTION ____. Amend S.B. 905 (Engrossed) with the following:
(1)On page 1 line 18 insert "or" after ";".
(2)On page 1 line 20 strike ";"after "States attorney" and replace it with "."
(3)Strike Page 1 line 21 through page 2 line 11.
Aliseda

This amendment removes elected officials and noncommissioned DPS employees. I don't see a second committee report. Am I looking in the wrong place?

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=SB905
DCC
"Beware the fury of of the patient man." ~John Dryden

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RHenriksen »

Paragrouper wrote:
hirundo82 wrote:OK, so the version of SB905 from the second committee meeting (at least I think it is from the second meeting) is up, and it includes legislators and statewide elected officials like in the engrossed Senate version. I guess the legislators really want their special treatment.

SB905 has also been recommended for the Local and Uncontested Calendar. Am I correct in my recollection that that precludes attempts to amend the bill on the House floor?

I read through the House Committee Report and page three contains this amendment

Aliseda

This amendment removes elected officials and noncommissioned DPS employees. I don't see a second committee report. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Don't think so; I think it's now waiting its turn in Calendars for a vote on the House floor. Because the Senate's original bill was amended, assuming it passes the House, it'll have to go back to the Senate... right?
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Paragrouper
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Paragrouper »

RHenriksen wrote:
Paragrouper wrote:

Aliseda

Don't think so; I think it's now waiting its turn in Calendars for a vote on the House floor. Because the Senate's original bill was amended, assuming it passes the House, it'll have to go back to the Senate... right?
I think so...
DCC
"Beware the fury of of the patient man." ~John Dryden

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 13

Post by hirundo82 »

Paragrouper wrote:I read through the House Committee Report and page three contains this amendment

Aliseda

Yeah, I was just noticing that this morning. That's the Aliseda amendment that was passed in committee 5/16; we don't know what the amendment was when they reconsidered it in committee 5/19.

Anyway, it may be a moot point as any local and consent Senate bill not passed today is dead, and SB905 isn't on the calendar.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

hirundo82 wrote:Yeah, I was just noticing that this morning. That's the Aliseda amendment that was passed in committee 5/16; we don't know what the amendment was when they reconsidered it in committee 5/19.

Anyway, it may be a moot point as any local and consent Senate bill not passed today is dead, and SB905 isn't on the calendar.
Certainly no sign of activity on it here.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=SB905" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 13

Post by hirundo82 »

RHenriksen wrote:Certainly no sign of activity on it here.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=SB905" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Then it's dead. From the Dates of Interest:
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 (135th day)
Last day for house to consider local and consent senate bills on second reading or any senate bills or joint resolutions on third reading
[House Rule 8, Sec. 13(c)]
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

hirundo82 wrote:Then it's dead. From the Dates of Interest:
Ding, dong...

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”