SB 354 motion on the Senate floor ...

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 3

Re: SB 354 motion on the Senate floor ...

Post by Jasonw560 »

aggiedev wrote:
srothstein wrote:If anyone happens to be watching the Senate right now, I just turned it on trying to track down a bill I was interested in. I was tracking HB 242 which changes the definition of retired peace officers specifically to allow them to carry guns.

It was originally passed on the local and uncontested calendar, then pulled down and debated on the floor. I don't know what the first two amendments to it do, but Amendment 3 was by Zaffirini to add her bill against texting while driving. This was ruled germane to the bill on peace officers carrying guns, even when questioned.

If this is true, we should get SB 354 added real quick also. If texting is germane, certainly adding more people carrying is also germane. Unfortunately, there is probably no way to get to Hegar and Wentworth to suggest it. This is the last two hours before the bill will die if not passed. I bet it is passed tonight no matter what amendments are offered and accepted.
Absolutely infuriating. :mad5

Civil correspondence from me to many members of the legislature are on their way. Sometimes I can't tell if I'm watching my government at work, or a circus.
A circus smells better.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sjfcontrol »

Jasonw560 wrote: A circus smells better.
Yeah! Popcorn, Fresh Roasted Peanuts, and Cotton Candy! I'm sure that's what you're referring to, right?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jasonw560 »

sjfcontrol wrote:
Jasonw560 wrote: A circus smells better.
Yeah! Popcorn, Fresh Roasted Peanuts, and Cotton Candy! I'm sure that's what you're referring to, right?
Um....yeah....sure.... :rolll

Not talking about the Points Of Order being left in Congress. :mrgreen:
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”