Proof that SB321 is not limited to CHL's

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

speedsix
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Proof that SB321 is not limited to CHL's

Post by speedsix »

tacticool wrote:
txsmokeater wrote:I work for one of those companies. I know in the past law if you passed through a gate access point or guarded enterance, I could not leave a gun in my vehicle. I do park in a lot at my site; we don't actually drive into the plant. Does SB321 allow me now to keep it in my vehicle? I'm not a lawyer by any means and I want to make sure I understand all the legal talk. :bigear:
Is the parking lot open to the public? Is it inside of a secured and restricted area that's monitored?

...the plant is inside...the parking lot/garage/etc must be OUTSIDE the secured/restricted/monitored area...it's kinda confoosin!!!

txsmokeater
Posts in topic: 5

Post by txsmokeater »

speedsix wrote:.....the parking lot must be OUTSIDE the area that's secured and restricted and meets the three criteria...
This is pretty much the law now. I pass by/get checked in by a guard, then drive to a parking lot. I then have to walk throught a card activated turn-stile. So I am actually in a "double" protected lot. Being as I'm only 6 miles from home, and I want to keep my job and NOT challange the HR team, I think I'll continue to leave my weapon at home, it's just no worth the hassle. I can see the companies making a big deal if you actually drove into the plant, but we don't at mine.
Jason
"You can all go to Hell, I'm going to Texas!"
Davy Crocket

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

I thought it was pretty clear that it applied to CHLs and anyone else who could legally possess a gun or ammunition. Sounds like Mr. Redneck was either stirring up trouble or isn't as smart as he thinks.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

txsmokeater

Post by txsmokeater »

C-dub wrote:I thought it was pretty clear that it applied to CHLs and anyone else who could legally possess a gun or ammunition. Sounds like Mr. Redneck was either stirring up trouble or isn't as smart as he thinks.
Are you referring to me?
Jason
Davy Crocket

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

txsmokeater wrote:
C-dub wrote:I thought it was pretty clear that it applied to CHLs and anyone else who could legally possess a gun or ammunition. Sounds like Mr. Redneck was either stirring up trouble or isn't as smart as he thinks.
Are you referring to me?
Not to speak for C-dub, but no, he wasn't referring to you at all.

Check this post in the thread for background.

And, welcome aboard!
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

txsmokeater

Post by txsmokeater »

Thanks, I was wondering where that was coming from.
Jason
Davy Crocket

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”