CALL & FAX Gov. Perry - Campus Carry in Special Session

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: CALL & FAX Gov. Perry - Campus Carry in Special Session

Post by RPB »

First Perry wants them to take up unresolved conference committee items.

Schools/budget/sanctuary cities/redistricting (he just added redistricting a bit ago)

He'll still be adding to the list NOW, and if they clear those out early he'll still be adding even more to the list.
Since it is costing taxpayers 5 million, he'll want our money's worth ... and to make Davis (and some others) stay a while.

If he goes along with Dewhurst, he'll add things which would have passed, but were blocked by 2 or 3 in a minority using chicanery, even though majority wants them passed...... otherwise next session will contain "time-wasters" too.

(2013 Headlines = Guns on campus dies in calendar committee in house ... Senate bill filibustered ... Perry says he won't call a special session this time)

So now is a better time with majority rules rules, if we can get his attention.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

McKnife
Posts in topic: 1

Post by McKnife »

Just called and left a message. :thumbs2:
:coolgleamA:

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

If they will consider any education issues, decriminalizing campus carry should be one of them.

Faxes on the way. :txflag:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

tbrown wrote:If they will consider any education issues, decriminalizing campus carry should be one of them.

Faxes on the way. :txflag:
:iagree:

My fax today mentioned the insurance rate freeze and Immunity, versus Virginia tech taxpayers there paying multi-millions STILL due to the foreseeable event and paying fines and legal settlements to families.

This is a School Fiscal responsibility bill.

Yesterday I used the angle that a majority want it, a few dems blocked it, just like the others he's adding.
I'm no lawyer

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

RPB wrote:First Perry wants them to take up unresolved conference committee items.

Schools/budget/sanctuary cities/redistricting (he just added redistricting a bit ago)

He'll still be adding to the list NOW, and if they clear those out early he'll still be adding even more to the list.
Since it is costing taxpayers 5 million, he'll want our money's worth ... and to make Davis (and some others) stay a while.

If he goes along with Dewhurst, he'll add things which would have passed, but were blocked by 2 or 3 in a minority using chicanery, even though majority wants them passed...... otherwise next session will contain "time-wasters" too.

(2013 Headlines = Guns on campus dies in calendar committee in house ... Senate bill filibustered ... Perry says he won't call a special session this time)

So now is a better time with majority rules rules, if we can get his attention.
Just a thought .... Wonder how many of those who marched over to the Capitol behind John Woods from college will be here this Summer session for the hearings THIS time.
Maybe they'll all be nursing hangovers at the beach, they sound like they drink a lot.
Would be nice if Former State Representative Dr. Suzanna Hupp was testifying, she can be as emotional as Zaffrini was.
Dr. Hupp could bring books to autograph ... I'd buy a few if I saw her there.
She could write it off as a business trip.... though it isn't that far a drive :lol:
I'm no lawyer

Kory Zipperer

Post by Kory Zipperer »

Link to find updates regarding Calls to Action for the campus carry movement:

http://www.texascalltoaction.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ravendove

Post by Ravendove »

My call has been placed. Any updates today?

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”