Parking Lot Bill and sites on the Ship Channel

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Parking Lot Bill and sites on the Ship Channel

Post by LTUME1978 »

rp_photo,

I appreciate your comment about not bringing the topic up but that won't work here. There is a company policy that prohibits firearms in the parking lot. One can bring them in but if you get caught, you are terminated (not an option I would like to explore). I am hoping that a happy place can be found where all employees that work on the ship channel will be able to enjoy the benefits of the new parking lot bill.

snorri
Posts in topic: 1

Post by snorri »

rp_photo wrote:Godwin's Law is also a factor: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 100%"
He didn't call them Nazis. It sounded like he was quoting the NRA's Wayne LaPierre.
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

tacticool
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tacticool »

LTUME1978 wrote:I was all excited to hear that the parking lot bill passed and was discussing that with one of the managers at our refinery. He mentioned that the new law would be invalid for us as our refinery is on the Houston Ship Channel and the Coast Guard would prohibit us from having any weapon in our vehicle in the parking lot (we must have TWIC cards at our site and that applies to any site on the Ship Channel).
When it goes into effect, the Texas law will not override Federal law. The key questions will be the location of the parking lot and if any real Federal laws prohibit guns in private vehicles in that parking lot. Not knowing where you work, I couldn't even begin to hazard a guess.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”