TFC Reorganized

Education & Advocacy. Join today, it's free!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TFC Reorganized

Post by RHenriksen »

I'm in
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Griffen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Griffen »

Ditto,

I was sad to see the inagural TFC board slide away, but hope this Version 2 attracts more support. I'm in too!!
Lifetime NRA Member
Member Texas Firearms Coalition

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. -John Adams

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

Signed up. Thanks!
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

DLBConductor

Post by DLBConductor »

Accomplished!
[12/10/2011: CHL Class - 100 Written and 240 Range][01/14/2012: Plastic - 31 Days!]
[NRA Life Member][TSRA Life Member][CHL]

John75

Post by John75 »

Sounds like a great idea. I'm in!

stash

Post by stash »

OK - tell me what I am doing wrong. I go to the TFC membership form but it does not allow me to type anything like my name, dob, etc.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

Griffen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Griffen »

Griffen wrote:Ditto,

I was sad to see the inagural TFC board slide away, but hope this Version 2 attracts more support. I'm in too!!

I just got Ms. Griffen to join TFC again too. I also converted my NRA membership to lifetime.... :mrgreen:
Lifetime NRA Member
Member Texas Firearms Coalition

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. -John Adams

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks for joining folks and thanks also to those who donated to the cause.

Let's try to get the membership numbers to a level that will really get the attention of those in Austin. We may not make it this session, but I'd sure like to be able to do a lot of off-season work with over 100,000 members. (That's being conservative.) Keep stressing that membership is free folks. We need numbers and we need people to answer calls-to-action in mass!

Thanks,
Chas.

BTW, I added a background that I think is really appropriate. I hope you do too. http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Thanks for joining folks and thanks also to those who donated to the cause.

Let's try to get the membership numbers to a level that will really get the attention of those in Austin. We may not make it this session, but I'd sure like to be able to do a lot of off-season work with over 100,000 members. (That's being conservative.) Keep stressing that membership is free folks. We need numbers and we need people to answer calls-to-action in mass!

Thanks,
Chas.

BTW, I added a background that I think is really appropriate. I hope you do too. http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The background looks great and is most certainly spot on. Registration complied with.

MasterOfNone
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MasterOfNone »

Chas, have you created a banner that can be put in the sidebar of a website to promote TFC (like the NRA eagle banner)?
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

MasterOfNone wrote:Chas, have you created a banner that can be put in the sidebar of a website to promote TFC (like the NRA eagle banner)?
No, but that's a great idea. Skiprr designed the TFC badge logo and that could be used as a base for a recruiting banner. I'll try to play with that when I get a little breathing room.

I need to figure out how to put a full width banner across the top of the main page here on TexasCHLforum so I can put recruiting banners for the NRA, ProjectOneMillionTexas, and Texas Firearms Coalition.

Thanks for the idea,
Chas.

MasterOfNone
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MasterOfNone »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
MasterOfNone wrote:Chas, have you created a banner that can be put in the sidebar of a website to promote TFC (like the NRA eagle banner)?
No, but that's a great idea. Skiprr designed the TFC badge logo and that could be used as a base for a recruiting banner. I'll try to play with that when I get a little breathing room.

I need to figure out how to put a full width banner across the top of the main page here on TexasCHLforum so I can put recruiting banners for the NRA, ProjectOneMillionTexas, and Texas Firearms Coalition.

Thanks for the idea,
Chas.
One suggestion - if you use the badge or other design that is not rectangular, please make the surrounding area transparent. We had to do this to the NRA eagle to use it on a colored background.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

Charles, I tried and assumed my old membership login was not longer active, so I just did a new membership. Thanks for the work and effort.
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

I just became a member, but I have a few comments on the website.

It's not immediately clear how to create a username/password for the site. The login fields are clearly displayed in the upper-left, but there's no link to sign up. You have to click "Log in" then look for the "Don't have an account?" link. I didn't that very intuitive. Also, what is the benefit of logging in to the site? I don't see a members-only section...

Also, the information on the seminars seems incomplete. For example, the blurb on the CHL Fashion Show describes the purpose of the event but doesn't provide any info on date, location, registration, etc. The same is true of the other seminars listed.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

TrueFlog wrote:I just became a member, but I have a few comments on the website.

It's not immediately clear how to create a username/password for the site. The login fields are clearly displayed in the upper-left, but there's no link to sign up. You have to click "Log in" then look for the "Don't have an account?" link. I didn't that very intuitive. Also, what is the benefit of logging in to the site? I don't see a members-only section...
There's no members-only section at this point. TFC eNewsletters will be the method use to send information to Members that I don't want to post on the Forum for our opponents to see. These folks could obviously join and get the eNewsletters, but at least they have to do something more than click on the Forum website. The login block is there for me in case I want to log in from the frontend for some reason. Most of my work is done from the backend.
TrueFlog wrote:Also, the information on the seminars seems incomplete. For example, the blurb on the CHL Fashion Show describes the purpose of the event but doesn't provide any info on date, location, registration, etc. The same is true of the other seminars listed.
This is just listing the seminars that are currently available, i.e. in the inventory. When they are scheduled, they will be posted on the TFC event calendar and a notice will be posted.

Chas.

Return to “Texas Firearms Coalition”