UPDATE: Video Conference:

Education & Advocacy. Join today, it's free!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Video Conference: Open-Carry Discussion

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

RKirkwood wrote:Charles,

Is there going to be a listing of where the conference going to be at? I definitely want to attend but not sure where. I'm in Katy but will drive to where ever it is in Houston.

Thanks,
Bob
I'll post locations when I have more people registering as hosts.

Thanks for asking,
Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: UPDATE: Video Conference:

UPDATE:

Now I'm going to sound like a politician. After further consideration, I believe trying to limit the discussion in the first video conference to open-carry is a mistake. That's too narrow a focus as there's just not that much to say. We need to be able to cover my topics, perhaps in a format like Fox News' "lightening round" except without the very short time limit on each topic.

Also, some folks believe the Dec. 5th date is too soon and that planning it in January will allow more people to attend and it will give us more time to promote the event. I tend to agree and would like your input.

So instead of giving me questions, let's get a list of topics people would like to see covered. During the conference people will be able to text specific questions. I'll start by listing some topics that come to mind.

Chas.

TOPICS:
Open-carry
Reducing off-limits areas for CHLs
How does the "gun community" recruit more people to obtain a CHL?

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Beiruty »

Local meets for our CHL community. Such, as
1) Lunches,
2) Presentations,
3) Gun and safety Education,
4) Competitive shooting,
5) Gun-related Political events

It is like 3 yrs we did not have an event in DFW.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

MoJo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MoJo »

I am in the Beaumont area and have made arrangements, I have sent invitations to those that I think will be interested. If anyone in the Beaumont area is interested PM me
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Anyone in Dallas and Collin County, more specifically, McKinney/Frisco/Allen/Plano Area and is interested in attending, please PM or post here.
Beiruty,

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Thus far, only two people have registered a location. It's looking like Dec. 5th will be too soon and too close to Christmas shopping season. If it won't cause MoJo and Beiruty a problem, I will reschedule it for January. Guys, please let me know.

Even if we reschedule it, I'd like to do a test of the service with as many different locations as possible.

Thanks,
Chas.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Charles you are calling the shots on this so what ever you need to do. I'm up for helping test the software let me know. :tiphat:

Topic suggestions:

1. Gun safety it's not just for the range.

2. Community outreach programs.

3. Bringing new shooters into the fold and training them.

4. Encouraging established shooters to upgrade skills.
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

I would like to participate. Was contemplating the idea of who all to invite and how to get the word out. Liked the idea of using a study room or conference room at the library. My other challenge is only having a laptop webcam. Other than those couple of challenges, count me in.

Any other Boerne area folks that want to get together to participate, hit me up if you want.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

The video conference is on and it's now open to people registering without a group. CLICK HERE to register and remember, you have to log in to see the conference listed as an event. Log in using Username: TFCregister and Password: 2013register.

I'll send an email with the "invitation" information for getting into the conference. You will need a webcam and some form of microphone. You can use a call-in phone number if you like. Remember, you'll be asked to load the Zoom.us software but it's free. You can do that either before you log into the conference, or as part of the login process. Here's the link if you want to do it before 7:30pm tomorrow: http://zoom.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Chas.

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MeMelYup »

Gun safety program in Texas schools. Should it be required?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

MeMelYup wrote:Gun safety program in Texas schools. Should it be required?
I like that!

Chas.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Thank you Charles, the video conference was very informative it's a shame more people didn't participate. My group all had high praise for the effort. Beiruty, it's nice to put a face on the handle. All of us here in the Golden Triangle area are looking forward to the next time.

Keep up the good work Charles, and thanks for all you have done and are planning to do. :tiphat: :tiphat:
George Mason

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

MoJo wrote:Thank you Charles, the video conference was very informative it's a shame more people didn't participate. My group all had high praise for the effort. Beiruty, it's nice to put a face on the handle. All of us here in the Golden Triangle area are looking forward to the next time.

Keep up the good work Charles, and thanks for all you have done and are planning to do. :tiphat: :tiphat:
It was nice seeing you all. I was really happy to attend even when I was away from my office. :clapping:
Beiruty,

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Sorry I missed it. Will endeavor to be on future conferences.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasCajun »

Dang! Missed the first one, but I'll definitely be on board for the next one. Will there be a podcast or some other recorded version of last night's conference available?
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Return to “Texas Firearms Coalition”