New Article: Let's Victimize the Victim Twice!

Education & Advocacy. Join today, it's free!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

New Article: Let's Victimize the Victim Twice!

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

TFC wrote: SB257 by Rodney Ellis: Let’s Victimize the Victim Twice!

Sen. Ellis wants victims to automatically become criminals. Charles L. Cotton

SB257 by Sen. Ellis leaves any thinking person scratching their head and wondering why on earth would he wants to victimize a person twice! According to this Bill, being the victim of a theft could well make you a criminal. If a firearm was stolen, the owner would have 48 hours to report the theft to a law enforcement agency and the time would begin to run when the gun owner knew or should have known that the firearm had been stolen.
The full article is at: http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New Article: Let's Victimize the Victim Twice!

Post by Beiruty »

If some stole my cellphone should I report it too? If not, would I become a criminal?
What kind of rubbish is that?

Charles, we need a fb share or on your website.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by joe817 »

That absurd bill might fly in anti-gun states, but in Texas??

I've heard of frivolous lawsuits getting thrown out of court, but how about frivolous bills getting thrown out? Will this even make it to committee?
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Beiruty wrote:Charles, we need a fb share or on your website.
I'm Facebook-challenged, so please explain. I'd love to get the word out to a broader audience. I post all of my articles on my Facebook page and on the Facebook page for the Texas Firearms Coalition. Is that what you mean?

Chas.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

:txflag:
Last edited by KC5AV on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA lifetime member

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

joe817 wrote:That absurd bill might fly in anti-gun states, but in Texas??

I've heard of frivolous lawsuits getting thrown out of court, but how about frivolous bills getting thrown out? Will this even make it to committee?
It won't get anywhere. The senator is obviously pandering to his base/masters.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

louisf1

Post by louisf1 »

Charles, there is a way to place a "like" button on your web pages in your articles. People could like your article and opt to place it on their Facebook or Twitter account. See this. https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pl ... ike-button" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by louisf1 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

louisf1 wrote:Charles, there is a way to place a "like" button on your web pages in your articles. People could like your article and opt to place it on their Facebook or Twitter account. See this. https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pl ... ike-button" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Okay, this is a conspiracy! You guys are trying to get me to completely revamp the TFC website. I think you're plotting with my wife so she can collect my life insurance and split it with you.

Seriously, I can add the Facebook like button and a Twitter link as well, but I have to add another module called K2. I'll try to get this done soon; it would be a great way to help people spread the word and get more people involved our legislative efforts.

Chas.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

sbrawley wrote:Wouldn't a rational law-abiding citizen report a stolen firearm the moment they realize it stolen? :headscratch Seems to me that the only ones who wouldn't, would be the criminals themselves, therefore, making this bill utterly pointless.
Unfortunately, the bill doesn't address "the moment they realize it stolen". The bill states an offense occurs if the owner "...fails to report the loss or theft to a peace officer or law enforcement agency on or before the 48th hour after the time the person knew or reasonably should have known the firearm was lost or stolen."

Who do you want to decide, for you, at what point you should have "reasonably" known a gun was lost?

I found a gun laying in the street, with a broken holster, in my neighborhood once. I'm about 99% sure some poor guy put it on top of his car meaning to put it in his car, only to have it fall off as a drove away. I don't know if he (or she) might have been driving to the grocery store, or might have been going to on a 500 mile trip down south. Who would get to decide at what point it is "reasonable" for him to have realized he's lost his gun?

'

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Beiruty wrote:Charles, we need a fb share or on your website.
I'm Facebook-challenged, so please explain. I'd love to get the word out to a broader audience. I post all of my articles on my Facebook page and on the Facebook page for the Texas Firearms Coalition. Is that what you mean?

Chas.
Charles, there are "facebook share" extensions for Joomla: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... rfilters=1.

Here is an example of one: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... o-facebook
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

For share button:
here is the 411:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pl ... re-button/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Beiruty wrote:For share button:
here is the 411:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pl ... re-button/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I can't seem to make that work. It may be because it doesn't play well with Joomla.

Chas.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Okay, this is a conspiracy! You guys are trying to get me to completely revamp the TFC website. I think you're plotting with my wife so she can collect my life insurance and split it with you.
Chas.
That was funny.

I read this guys District 13 page. He likes victimizing tax payers too...
III

Return to “Texas Firearms Coalition”