New Article: SB258 by Ellis: Yet Another Gun Show Bill

Education & Advocacy. Join today, it's free!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

New Article: SB258 by Ellis: Yet Another Gun Show Bill

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

First Ellis said it's okay to lie to voters, now he wants to make criminals out of law-abiding citizens.

Texans can count on Houston Democrat Sen. Rodney Ellis to file one or more bills every legislative session trying to turn law-abiding Texas gun owners into criminals. Last session (2013) he filed two such bills and he has already filed four bills for the 2015 legislative session. His 2013 bills were so absurd that they were not even set for public hearing and debate in the committee to which they were assigned. Hopefully, his four bills will be ignored this session as to do otherwise would be a waste of legislative time and effort.

Full Article: http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Article: SB258 by Ellis: Yet Another Gun Show Bill

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles, I will be facebooking this. I hope you don't mind me playing "copy editor", but I found another typo:
SB258: Sales Between Private Persons Require a NICS Background Check

Sen. Ellis’ Bill would make it a Class A Misdemeanor (one year in jail and/or $4,000 fine) for a gun show “promoter” to permit the sale of a firearm between private persons at his gun show. Remember that the broad definition of “gun show” includes parking lots and streets and ask yourself how a gun show promoter is supposed to police a public street or parking lot.

The private seller would be required to keep records of any sale, but the Bill is silent as to what information must be obtained, how long records must be kept, in what from must they be maintained, what happens to the records when the seller dies, etc.
Thank you for writing these things. With your familiarity with both the law, and with gun rights, you state these things better than I ever could, and being able to promote these articles through social media is a great way to get the word out.

By the way, do you have a link to an article or video of Ellis making his statement that it's OK to lie? I'd love to include that when I facebook this.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Texas Firearms Coalition”