New Article: Another Law to Benefit Criminals

Education & Advocacy. Join today, it's free!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Re: New Article: Another Law to Benefit Criminals

Post by Jusme »

madwildcat wrote:Following Dannyboy's line of logic, it would seem to me that this kind of bill would contradict the whole "castle doctrine" concept. I am no legal scholar, but how exactly would both of these laws being on the books at the same time work? Or is the assumption that the new would just preempt that part of the old laws?

That was the exact intent of the bill introduced, not only to decimate the castle doctrine but also "stand your ground" The bill was so poorly written that theoretically if someone became offended by something you said, they could claim to be provoked, and attack you in your home, and then you would face penalties for defending yourself.
Fortunately this bill never made any headway and was killed quickly
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Dannyboy wrote:Not sure I understand. It' my understanding that for example, in my place of residence, in Texas, I have NO duty to retreat. Aren't I allowed to shoot someone who misdemeanor tresspasses, if I don't know them, and feel they are a threat?
The key to what you said is "feel they are a threat". But, after the fact, you will have to be able to clearly articulate the reasoning behind that. Not sure what your intent is, sometimes folks come here in an attempt to get someone to give the okay to something outrageous so they can run with it and make folks on here look bad. The law is there to protect the decent people who aren't bringing unprovoked violence against others, but it doesn't give people free reign just to shoot others for any old reason, I just want to make that very clear. Some other members of this forum can probably give a better explanation than I can, sorry this one isn't better.

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JP171 »

my question is why did someone resurrect a 3 year old thread? and why are we still here going wa wa wawa wa wa wawa(sounding like Charlie browns teacher) ?

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

[quote="JP171"]my question is why did someone resurrect a 3 year old thread? and why are we still here going wa wa wawa wa wa wawa(sounding like Charlie browns teacher) ?[/quote

See my post on February 14 I resurrected it acknowledging it as old news, but just to remind others that these types of bills will continue to be introduced by left wingers to try to further their agenda. I was not trying to stir up controversy or beat a dead horse. These type of things often get overlooked depending on the type of politics going on during any one session, these things can also be attached as riders to other bills,and if everyone is not on their toes can be pushed through unnoticed.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Texas Firearms Coalition”