TFC Podcast Episodes

Education & Advocacy. Join today, it's free!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 37

TFC Podcast Episodes

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Episode 9 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's will be available shortly on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 1091368277 (When it is available on iTunes depends upon how often iTunes queries the website for new podcasts.)

Episode 9 is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:
In the Crosshairs: A Law to Make Gov. Officials Abide by the Law;
Your NRA: Attempt to repeal the federal Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act;
Q&A: Time to process LTC applications; Minimum age to take LTC course; Women, guns & purses;
Another installment of The History of Concealed-Carry in Texas focusing on 2011 legislative session.

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Post by Teamless »

I have listened to them all this far and find them enlightening.

Thanks for keeping them going!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Teamless wrote:I have listened to them all this far and find them enlightening.

Thanks for keeping them going!
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #10 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2.

Episode #10 is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:

In The Crosshairs: Kids & Guns Don’t Mix -Or Do They?
In The News: Guns In Texas Psychiatric Hospitals.
Q&A: 1) Do I need to take another class to carry openly; 2) Should I subscribe to a pre-paid legal program or get self-defense insurance?
History of Concealed-Carry in Texas: Another installment of the History of concealed-carry in Texas. The 2013 Texas Legislative Session

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #11 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2.

Episode #11 is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:

In The Crosshairs: Respect & Empower the Most Law-Abiding of Texans;
In The News: Tex. AG sending warning letters to government officials - obey the law;
History of Concealed-Carry in Texas: The final installment in the series: History of concealed-carry in Texas;
Guns & Gear: CajunGunWorks and the CZ75 series pistols.

Kkpsiknl

Post by Kkpsiknl »

I loved the history of concealed carry segments. I can not wait to see what you replace it with.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Kkpsiknl wrote:I loved the history of concealed carry segments. I can not wait to see what you replace it with.
Thanks, that was a fun segment to do. It also made me brush up on the dates for some of the lesser-known bills we passed.

Chas.

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 2

Post by vjallen75 »

I must say, I do enjoy listening to these podcasts. It allows me to view subjects in a different light

Keep up the good work Charles!
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Episode #12 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2.

Episode #12 is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:
  • In The Crosshairs: Here’s the Hard Cold Fact – It’s Either Hillary or Trump
    In The News:
    • 1) Hillary Clinton vows to use executive orders to bypass Congress on gun control; 2) Lavaca-Navidad River Authority asked the AG if it has the authority to ban possession of handguns; 3) Senator John McCain falling behind in his Senate reelection bid;
    Q&A:
    • 1) “Are you doing anything different with the Podcast during the 2017 Texas Legislative Session?” 2) “Why is it taking so long to get an LTC?;” 3) “What is the 2017 legislative agenda for the NRA for 2017?”, 4) “What do you think the chances are of passing constitutional carry in 2017?”
    Today’s Safety Tip: S&W revolvers; reversible jackets and holsters;
    Heroes of the Second Amendment: Marian Hammer.

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasCajun »

Somehow I missed the initial podcast announcements, so I've been working my way through the earlier ones (listening to episode 9 right now) through the TFC website. I saw where I could listen on my Android phone through the Stitcher podcast app. But I can't find the TFC podcasts listed on there and I've tried entering the podcast url with no luck. Is there another podcast app that I could use or another way to get the podcasts loaded into Stitcher?
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

SIRIT

Post by SIRIT »

Didn't even know of it. Downloaded a couple episodes. Thursdays and Fridays are my longer drive miles days on the route so I will listen. Another couple good ones are Triangle Tactical (out of one of the Carolina's not sure which) mostly competitive shooting but always about guns, The survival podcast with Jack Spirko (Kinda a little bit of everything from guns to food storage to farming) and of coarse the Joe Rogan Experience (which I know some on here won't be a fan of because of some of the subject matter).

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

TexasCajun wrote:Somehow I missed the initial podcast announcements, so I've been working my way through the earlier ones (listening to episode 9 right now) through the TFC website. I saw where I could listen on my Android phone through the Stitcher podcast app. But I can't find the TFC podcasts listed on there and I've tried entering the podcast url with no luck. Is there another podcast app that I could use or another way to get the podcasts loaded into Stitcher?
I need to get it on Stitcher and get an Android app up. Libsyn will do the Android app, but I need to handle Stitcher.

Chas.

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasCajun »

Thanks Charles. The TFC podcasts are now listed on the Sticher app.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

TexasCajun wrote:Thanks Charles. The TFC podcasts are now listed on the Sticher app.
That's interesting because I'm waiting on an email that they have accepted the show. Thanks for letting me know.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I just published the first Texas Firearms Coalition Shot-Shot. I will release these periodically, with the Texas Legislative Session seeing the most activity.

Chas.

Return to “Texas Firearms Coalition”