TFC Podcast Episodes

Education & Advocacy. Join today, it's free!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2707
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby bblhd672 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:37 am

I wasn't aware of the TFC Podcast until seeing Charles' latest episode post. I've now listened to episodes 1 & 2 - highly recommended.

So much great information and background, at least for a newcomer to Texas and LTC like me.

Looking forward to listening to them all.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"


TexasCajun
Senior Member
Posts: 1540
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:58 pm
Location: La Marque, TX

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby TexasCajun » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:54 am

bblhd672 wrote:I wasn't aware of the TFC Podcast until seeing Charles' latest episode post. I've now listened to episodes 1 & 2 - highly recommended.

So much great information and background, at least for a newcomer to Texas and LTC like me.

Looking forward to listening to them all.

I've listened to them all (a few of them more than once) and I haven't skipped through or fast forwarded one yet.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16587
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:15 pm

I just released the third TFC Short-Shot titled "Ken Paxton Attacked for Doing His Job." It deals with the Austin American Statesman's editorial attacking AG Ken Paxton for filing suit against the city of Austin. Their position is shocking even for the Texas version of the National Inquirer. The audio file is available on iTunes, Stitcher and on the TFC website. The TFC website also has the transcript with links to various documents mentioned in the Short-Shot.

Chas.
Image

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16587
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:55 pm

I just released another TFC Short-Shot titled "Unfounded lawsuit: The Aurora Theater Shooting." It deals with the dismissal of a federal lawsuit filed by surviving family members and survivors of the Century 16 theater shooting in July 2012. It also discusses an article by the LA Times concerning that dismissal and the awarding of defense costs against the plaintiffs.

The audio file is available on iTunes, Stitcher and on the TFC website. The TFC website at http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com also has the transcript with a link to the LA Times article.

Chas.
Image

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2707
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby bblhd672 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I just released another TFC Short-Shot titled "Unfounded lawsuit: The Aurora Theater Shooting." It deals with the dismissal of a federal lawsuit filed by surviving family members and survivors of the Century 16 theater shooting in July 2012. It also discusses an article by the LA Times concerning that dismissal and the awarding of defense costs against the plaintiffs.

The audio file is available on iTunes, Stitcher and on the TFC website. The TFC website at http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com also has the transcript with a link to the LA Times article.

Chas.


Charles- I'm having TFC Podcast withdrawals! Any new podcasts coming?
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby Flightmare » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:58 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I just released another TFC Short-Shot titled "Unfounded lawsuit: The Aurora Theater Shooting." It deals with the dismissal of a federal lawsuit filed by surviving family members and survivors of the Century 16 theater shooting in July 2012. It also discusses an article by the LA Times concerning that dismissal and the awarding of defense costs against the plaintiffs.

The audio file is available on iTunes, Stitcher and on the TFC website. The TFC website at http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com also has the transcript with a link to the LA Times article.

Chas.


Charles- I'm having TFC Podcast withdrawals! Any new podcasts coming?


I was thinking the exact same thing!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16587
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:27 pm

Flightmare wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I just released another TFC Short-Shot titled "Unfounded lawsuit: The Aurora Theater Shooting." It deals with the dismissal of a federal lawsuit filed by surviving family members and survivors of the Century 16 theater shooting in July 2012. It also discusses an article by the LA Times concerning that dismissal and the awarding of defense costs against the plaintiffs.

The audio file is available on iTunes, Stitcher and on the TFC website. The TFC website at http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com also has the transcript with a link to the LA Times article.

Chas.


Charles- I'm having TFC Podcast withdrawals! Any new podcasts coming?


I was thinking the exact same thing!

I thought you guys posted this in response to the release of Episode 18 today. I don't post a notice until it's available on iTunes. It's already available on Stitcher now, but not iTunes. Obviously, it's on www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com.

Chas.
Image

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2707
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby bblhd672 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I just released another TFC Short-Shot titled "Unfounded lawsuit: The Aurora Theater Shooting." It deals with the dismissal of a federal lawsuit filed by surviving family members and survivors of the Century 16 theater shooting in July 2012. It also discusses an article by the LA Times concerning that dismissal and the awarding of defense costs against the plaintiffs.

The audio file is available on iTunes, Stitcher and on the TFC website. The TFC website at http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com also has the transcript with a link to the LA Times article.

Chas.


Charles- I'm having TFC Podcast withdrawals! Any new podcasts coming?


I was thinking the exact same thing!

I thought you guys posted this in response to the release of Episode 18 today. I don't post a notice until it's available on iTunes. It's already available on Stitcher now, but not iTunes. Obviously, it's on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com.

Chas.

:woohoo :anamatedbanana
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2707
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby bblhd672 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:05 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I thought you guys posted this in response to the release of Episode 18 today. I don't post a notice until it's available on iTunes. It's already available on Stitcher now, but not iTunes. Obviously, it's on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com.
Chas.


Another great podcast! Thanks Charles!
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16587
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:34 pm

I just released a new TFC Short Shot titled "Storm Clouds Are Gathering." It's a reprint/recording of an article I wrote for my Texas CHL Blog in April of 2008, along with a few opening and closing comments.

It's also available on iTunes at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2 and on Stitcher.

Chas.
Image

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16587
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:13 am

Episode #19 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2. It is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:
I discuss the division among Americans and the importance of Constitutional protections like the Second Amendment.

Show Topics:


    In The Crosshairs: The Great American Divorce
    In The News: Texas Municipal Police Association working with anti-gun group;
    Women & Guns: Concealed Carry for Women
    Guns & Gear: Houston area gunsmith Ed Vanden Berg
    Today’s Safety Tip: Using holsters safely – a matter of equipment and technique
    Q&A: 1) How about a TFC YouTube channel; 2) I just started reloading. How can I clean my brass?
Image

User avatar

suthdj
Senior Member
Posts: 2252
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: North Ft Worth(Alliance area)

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby suthdj » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:50 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Episode #19 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2. It is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:
I discuss the division among Americans and the importance of Constitutional protections like the Second Amendment.

Show Topics:


    In The Crosshairs: The Great American Divorce
    In The News: Texas Municipal Police Association working with anti-gun group;
    Women & Guns: Concealed Carry for Women
    Guns & Gear: Houston area gunsmith Ed Vanden Berg
    Today’s Safety Tip: Using holsters safely – a matter of equipment and technique
    Q&A: 1) How about a TFC YouTube channel; 2) I just started reloading. How can I clean my brass?


Have you heard of full30, youtube seems to be less then friendly to conservative issues.
https://www.full30.com/
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16587
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:45 am

suthdj wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Episode #19 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2. It is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:
I discuss the division among Americans and the importance of Constitutional protections like the Second Amendment.

Show Topics:


    In The Crosshairs: The Great American Divorce
    In The News: Texas Municipal Police Association working with anti-gun group;
    Women & Guns: Concealed Carry for Women
    Guns & Gear: Houston area gunsmith Ed Vanden Berg
    Today’s Safety Tip: Using holsters safely – a matter of equipment and technique
    Q&A: 1) How about a TFC YouTube channel; 2) I just started reloading. How can I clean my brass?


Have you heard of full30, youtube seems to be less then friendly to conservative issues.
https://www.full30.com/

Full30.com doesn't begin to have the viewership as does YouTube. If, and that's a very big "if," I decide to launch the YouTube channel, I'll use YouTybe. There are numerous gun-related YouTube channels, but if YouTube is a problem, I'll self-host. The Podcast discusses the problem with video production.

Chas.
Image


vjallen75
Senior Member
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:13 am
Location: HEB

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby vjallen75 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:50 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Episode #19 of the Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast has been released. It's available on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tex ... 68277?mt=2. It is also available on the TFC website, along with show notes with links to information provided in the podcast.

In this Episode:
I discuss the division among Americans and the importance of Constitutional protections like the Second Amendment.

Show Topics:


    In The Crosshairs: The Great American Divorce
    In The News: Texas Municipal Police Association working with anti-gun group;
    Women & Guns: Concealed Carry for Women
    Guns & Gear: Houston area gunsmith Ed Vanden Berg
    Today’s Safety Tip: Using holsters safely – a matter of equipment and technique
    Q&A: 1) How about a TFC YouTube channel; 2) I just started reloading. How can I clean my brass?


Once again, a great informative podcast.

Keep them coming!
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16587
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: TFC Podcast Episodes

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:56 pm

The first Texas Firearms Coalition Texas Legislative Report has been published. As with the TFC Podcasts and Short-Shorts, the Leg. Reports are available on iTunes, Stitcher and on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com.

Chas.
Image


Return to “Texas Firearms Coalition”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest