An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Education & Advocacy. Join today, it's free!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Poll regarding an event to promote repeal of "gun free zones."

I'm in for everything, organizing, promoting and attending;
19
24%
I can help organize the event;
3
4%
I can help promote the event;
26
33%
I will attend, but I cannot help organize or promote.
30
38%
 
Total votes: 78

User avatar

LTCTLB
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 4:22 pm
Location: Tomball, TX

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby LTCTLB » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:21 pm

I will help promote and attend if possible depending on location.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16589
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Thanks folks. I'm just trying to gauge interest at this point. If it looks like something we could put together, then we'll get down to actual planning of the date and locations. I would like to have it happen in several cities around the State.

Chas.
Image


brokedown48
Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby brokedown48 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:39 pm

I would be more than happy to help with anything that needs to be done
NRA
TSRA
C&R

User avatar

G.A. Heath
Senior Member
Posts: 2647
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:39 pm
Location: Western Texas

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby G.A. Heath » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:11 pm

I will help promote with my podcast, but because I am located halfway between Lubbock and Midland/Odessa I can help organize the event for one or the other (alternatively I can help co-ordinate organizing efforts between the two). And I will help out however I can where Charles wants/needs me.
I am also a Gun guy, Car Guy, and Computer Guy and a currently former podcaster.

User avatar

Vol Texan
Senior Member
Posts: 1657
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am
Location: Houston

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby Vol Texan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:17 pm

I think this is a great idea, and I'd love to attend.

Due to my unpredictable travel schedule, I'd likely be setting everyone involved up for a disappointment if I offered to help promote or organize such an event. It's not that I wouldn't want to be a part of it (because I would!), but my work pulls me out of the country, sometimes with under a week's notice, all too often.
Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

Armored Cav. | NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator


FastCarry
Senior Member
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby FastCarry » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Vol Texan wrote:I think this is a great idea, and I'd love to attend.

Due to my unpredictable travel schedule, I'd likely be setting everyone involved up for a disappointment if I offered to help promote or organize such an event. It's not that I wouldn't want to be a part of it (because I would!), but my work pulls me out of the country, sometimes with under a week's notice, all too often.


Seal Team 6?

User avatar

Vol Texan
Senior Member
Posts: 1657
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am
Location: Houston

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby Vol Texan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:48 pm

FastCarry wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:I think this is a great idea, and I'd love to attend.

Due to my unpredictable travel schedule, I'd likely be setting everyone involved up for a disappointment if I offered to help promote or organize such an event. It's not that I wouldn't want to be a part of it (because I would!), but my work pulls me out of the country, sometimes with under a week's notice, all too often.


Seal Team 6?


Nope, nothing so exciting as that. But I do get to travel to some pretty sketchy places all to often: Nigeria, Bangladesh, Oman, Kazakhstan...California.

It's that last one that drives me batty.

Perhaps instead of Seal Team 6, I'm part of Seal Team e^(π*i) + 1. I do a lot of statistical analysis while I'm away.
Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

Armored Cav. | NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby treadlightly » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:29 am

Nice. Mutual interests, unless they are mutual anti-interests, always bring out the best in people. The chance to breathe the sweet air of freedom in the company of fellow travelers is always a treat.

But, I have to admit, I did my part for the Gun Violence day. Not wanting to chance a gun committing violence, I kept one of mine under close supervision all day and it worked. Not a hint of violence out of it and with my help it negotiated streets and shops with more than merely a polite and peaceful demeanor, it was part of American tradition since before the country existed.

It worked so well,in fact, I think I'll keep a handgun under close personal supervision every day. :biggrinjester:

User avatar

TexasJohnBoy
Senior Member
Posts: 1759
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby TexasJohnBoy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:40 am

Vol Texan wrote:Perhaps instead of Seal Team 6, I'm part of Seal Team e^(π*i) + 1.

I read this and I'm just like
Image
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3835
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby Jusme » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:54 am

treadlightly wrote:Nice. Mutual interests, unless they are mutual anti-interests, always bring out the best in people. The chance to breathe the sweet air of freedom in the company of fellow travelers is always a treat.

But, I have to admit, I did my part for the Gun Violence day. Not wanting to chance a gun committing violence, I kept one of mine under close supervision all day and it worked. Not a hint of violence out of it and with my help it negotiated streets and shops with more than merely a polite and peaceful demeanor, it was part of American tradition since before the country existed.

It worked so well,in fact, I think I'll keep a handgun under close personal supervision every day. :biggrinjester:




Yeah you really have to watch those things, you never know when they may strike out on their own to commit violence. I have the same philosophy with mine, I keep it real close so I can be ready at the first sign of it committing violence. So far it has worked, and I can say that it has not committed one violent act since I started my supervisory program.

:smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby Flightmare » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:36 am

Wear orange shirts on June 2nd that say "Licensed Gun Supervisor"! :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts: 6831
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby RoyGBiv » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:42 am

Vol Texan wrote: I'm part of Seal Team e^(π*i) + 1.

euler? :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

User avatar

Vol Texan
Senior Member
Posts: 1657
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am
Location: Houston

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby Vol Texan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:55 am

RoyGBiv wrote:
Vol Texan wrote: I'm part of Seal Team e^(π*i) + 1.

euler? :lol:


Yep. That makes it Seal Team Zero.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler's_identity
Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

Armored Cav. | NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby Flightmare » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:19 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/02/what-want-to-know-on-gun-violence-awareness-day.html?intcmp=hpbt4

This right here, is something I have been sending to friends/family. Telling them this is what they need to send to their friends/family who think civilians should not own/carry firearms.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5490
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: An event to draw attention to the value of self-defense handguns

Postby Pawpaw » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Flightmare wrote:Wear orange shirts on June 2nd that say "Licensed Gun Supervisor"! :biggrinjester:

How about, "Texans against criminal violence." instead?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


Return to “Texas Firearms Coalition”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests