Milsurps--sold, thank you!

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
orionengnr
Posts in topic: 1

Milsurps--sold, thank you!

Post by orionengnr »

Hello all--
Thank you for the interest.

SOLD R-3...someone replied (see below) and said this is not a Mauser, maybe an Arisaka? I will try to take more detailed photos and post.
Original Post:
I am pretty sure this is a Mauser M‐98 bolt action, chambered in 7x57. Blueing looks good, wood looks good, functions correctly (as far as I can tell without firing it). Has a no‐namie scope on it. $300 or reasonable offer

SOLD R‐7 Mauser 1893 bolt, again I believe 7x57, looks to be original furniture, unlike most milsurps it has not been sporterized…it’s missing the buttplate from the back of the stock, other than that it looks pretty good. Appears to functions mostly correctly, but I can’t get the safety to engage or get the hammer to drop (did some googling and this is supposed to be a common problem/easy fix, something about the way the bolt/safety/firing pin and associated pieces are assembled) but I don’t want to mess it up so any Mauser experts can probably have this working in five minutes. So how about $200 or reasonable offer

SOLD R‐9 Enfield No 4 Mk1 stamped “1943” .303 Brit, sporterized, nice wood, nice blueing, functions correctly $250 or reasonable offer

SOLD R‐10 Enfield No 4 Mk1 stamped “Golden State Arms Santa Fe Model 1944”, functions correctly, believed to be 30‐06 milsurps.com/enfield.php.?pg=sp3.htm

SOLD R‐12 Eddystone US Model of 1917 (manufactured by Remington) sporterized, 30‐06, functions correctly

Pictures are here:
https://www.corvidscache.com/guns.html

If you would like detailed pics of anything, or would like to take a look, please let me know.

Fine print: These firearms were acquired from an estate. All were kept in a safe but none has been oiled or fired in many years (best guess is 20-30) When I say “functions correctly, I mean that the action opens and closes, trigger drops the firing pin—I have not fired any of these weapons. Descriptions are as accurate as I can be, and what I believe each to be. If you find a mistake, please correct me.

I know very little about any of them and have been looking at google, GB.com and other sites to identify and value these fairly. At first I thought all the bolt rifles were Enfields, but now believe two to be Mausers, if that shows you anything about my level of ignorance. I am starting my prices around 75% of what I see similar examples going for (not asking prices, but actual “sold” prices). All prices are “or reasonable offer”. If I can’t find a “sold” example, I am going by what people are telling me that a range would be (again taking 75% of that number as a starting point)…feel free to come, look, and make an offer. I won’t be offended.
Last edited by orionengnr on Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Milsurps--3 Enfields, 2 Mausers Lewisville TX

Post by Chemist45 »

I don't know what R-3 is, but its not a Mauser 98.
I'm pretty sure its an Arisaka.

Return to “Closed Items”