Price check... please and thanks!

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Reysc
Posts in topic: 5

Price check... please and thanks!

Post by Reysc »

anybody know the price for a colt phyton 357 4" barrel ( maybe 4 1/2) in very good condition.. blue finish... I might be the proud owner soon.
Thanks...

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 3

Post by seamusTX »

I'm not an expert, but that's a pricey hogleg. Upwards of $600.

- Jim

Topic author
Reysc

Post by Reysc »

Thanks Seamus!! Will keep you posted..

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The price of Pythons are all over the map. Be aware that Pythons came in various configurations with different names like Python Elite, Ultimate Python, Python Hunger and Python .38 Special (38 only). Last year's Blue Book has a low price for a 60% "standard" Python at $250 to $575 for one that is 100%. Python Elites run from $275 to $700; Ultimate Pythons range from $475 to $1,025, and Python Hunters from $495 to $1,195.

In the Houston area, we see "standard" Pythons that are 95% in the $800 to $1,000 range, which is a bit much. You might try a search on gunbroker.com just to see what they are going for in different parts of the country.

Chas.

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

I didn't realize there were different varieties. I just browse the online auctions in my spare time to see what various toys go for.

- Jim

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

seamusTX wrote:I didn't realize there were different varieties. I just browse the online auctions in my spare time to see what various toys go for.

- Jim
I didn't either, until I decided I was going to get one. I was shocked to see the price tags on Pythons at Houston gun shows, so I looked them up in the Blue Book.

Chas.

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

They're too rich for my blood. Used Dan Wessons are much more reasonable and as accurate as mere mortals can make them.

- Jim

Topic author
Reysc

Post by Reysc »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The price of Pythons are all over the map. Be aware that Pythons came in various configurations with different names like Python Elite, Ultimate Python, Python Hunger and Python .38 Special (38 only). Last year's Blue Book has a low price for a 60% "standard" Python at $250 to $575 for one that is 100%. Python Elites run from $275 to $700; Ultimate Pythons range from $475 to $1,025, and Python Hunters from $495 to $1,195.

In the Houston area, we see "standard" Pythons that are 95% in the $800 to $1,000 range, which is a bit much. You might try a search on gunbroker.com just to see what they are going for in different parts of the country.

Chas.

WOW!! Thanks for the info Chas... If I get it, I will post and let you know what kind og Python we are looking at..It's Only been a few months since I got invoved in this great hobby but I have learned a lot about handguns
not to mention the few grands that got diverted in my gun safe.. Very liquid investments though.... I know I can move a G26 a lot faster then I can sell a bottle pf '97 Opus one or 98 Silver Oak... :lol:

Take Care and Thanks again...
Rey

couzin
Posts in topic: 1

pythons

Post by couzin »

Ditto on what Charles said - $800.00 and up is the norm for a classic diamondback, python, or anaconda. This is usually for the Colts made 1960s and 1970s. Hand assembled, smoothest actions, bang on accuracy, and just really primo pieces. Later Colts started degrading in quality and finish (IMHO). If you are looking at these colts, check year, check condition, does it have the original box, if unfired, lightly fired, screws stripped, original grips, rust, etc. Getting one of the earlier models in fine condition or unfired will earn you points among revolver fans here. Someone once posted here, or on one of those other forums, a guideline for buying revolvers - you might want to go look for that post.

Topic author
Reysc

Post by Reysc »

OK.. I've got it with me pending final decision.. It's actually a six inch barrel, blue finish minor scratch on cylinder but definetely clean and yes very tight and trigger is smoooooth. It's very dry and barrel got some dust.. It only has a Phyton .357 ctg marking on it with a star before and after (*357 CTG*).. grip is the original wood w/ Colt logo on it and is kind of loose. Can we identify this model???
Thanks agai!!

Topic author
Reysc

Post by Reysc »

Update.... I'm now a proud owner of 93-95% Colt Phyton 357 CTG 6 inch ribbed barrel. Will post pics tomorrow.. I'm thinking of trading it for a good 1911 (full size or commander) or let it go for best cash price offer.. Email me for pics if interested and it will be FTF DFW area...

Return to “Closed Items”