DELETE

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
cyphur
Posts in topic: 3

DELETE

Post by cyphur »

DELETE
Last edited by cyphur on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LabRat
Posts in topic: 2

Re: FS: Seekins Precision SP-10 .308/7.62

Post by LabRat »

Quick question.

The website link you have sets this rifle "weight" at "19.00". I'm trying to figure out the units.
Would you say that's 19 pounds? Is that about right?

Just trying to figure out if that's accurate.

Thanks!
LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mrvmax »

LabRat wrote:Quick question.

The website link you have sets this rifle "weight" at "19.00". I'm trying to figure out the units.

Thanks!
LabRat
Cannot possibly be correct can it? My Sig 716 with a loaded mag, scope and bipod weighs in around 12 pounds.

Topic author
cyphur

Post by cyphur »

Thanks!
LabRat

Yes, 19lbs.

Reason for heavier weight? Both upper and lower are billet and stout. 18" barrel with 15" rail, and the rail is not a lightweight circular rail. It is Seekin's triangular rail with a flat bottom.

If you want an 8lbs carbine-type .308 this is not it. This is a solid gun that shoots like a .22LR with a can on it. Even without a can the recoil is negligible. 1/2 MOA groups all day long.

LabRat
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LabRat »

cyphur wrote:

Thanks!
LabRat

Yes, 19lbs.

Reason for heavier weight? Both upper and lower are billet and stout. 18" barrel with 15" rail, and the rail is not a lightweight circular rail. It is Seekin's triangular rail with a flat bottom.

If you want an 8lbs carbine-type .308 this is not it. This is a solid gun that shoots like a .22LR with a can on it. Even without a can the recoil is negligible. 1/2 MOA groups all day long.
OK. Thanks.
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Topic author
cyphur

Post by cyphur »

LabRat wrote:
cyphur wrote:

Thanks!
LabRat

Yes, 19lbs.

OK. Thanks.

I reached out to Seekins as that seemed heavy to me. I pulled it out of the safe with the bi-pod, Vortex 4-16x50, Bobro mount, PRS stock, etc. It did not weigh 19lbs even in that configuration.

Seekins has told me their website pulls the ship weight for the item on their pages. So once they stick the rifle, documentation, mag, etc into the soft case, then put it in a box, it weighs 19lbs.

The empty rifle alone weighs 9lbs.

Return to “Closed Items”