WTS: Winchester Model 12

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

WTS: Winchester Model 12

Post by Oldgringo »

I've neither hunted, nor have I shot any Trap in well over a quarter century. My Skeet guns are long gone as well. In my safe, among a couple of CZ 452's, remains a beautiful, classic shotgun that is in excellent condition. I've no one to leave them to and I certainly don't want Mrs. Oldgringo to get {bamboozled} out of them by some slick talking opportunist should I loose these earthly coils any time soon.

The shotgun is a 12 ga. Winchester Model 12, 3” Heavy Duck that I acquired in '71. I had it custom stocked and Vent Ribbed by Simmons of Olathe, KS. Simmons also jeweled the bolt and follower. As you can see, this gun has seen very little use:

Exalted CHL member, flintnapper, has seen and handled this pristine beauty and can attest to her fit and finish. A Model 12 such as this goes for $800 upwards on Gunbroker. Given the condition of this Model 12 and the fact that they have not been produced in nearly a half century, this classic should easily be worth $600 in person. What say you? Reasonable offers will be considered.

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WTS: Winchester Model 12

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

PM sent
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:PM sent
PM response sent.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I'm sorry to see you selling a favorite old gun. I'm glad to see you selling a fabulous old gun. I hope that ScubaSigGuy beat me to the punch, or I'd be having to buy my wife flowers, shoes, and a nice dinner. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I'm sorry to see you selling a favorite old gun. I'm glad to see you selling a fabulous old gun. I hope that ScubaSigGuy beat me to the punch, or I'd be having to buy my wife flowers, shoes, and a nice dinner. :mrgreen:
Thanks, TAM. There comes a time in every life when must consider the hereafter. I have no one to leave my stuff to and it would go for peanuts in an estate sale, so it's time to start thinning the herd.....not that I'm planning on any imminent departure. :leaving

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Old Gringo,
I hope this classic finds a good home. I was so very tempted to buy it when you first listed it, but had other priorities. My wife needed a Glock 42 for her new EDC and I also felt compelled to buy her a S&W M&P 15-22 to match mine. Someone will be getting an awesome deal on a beautiful Model 12.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

This shotgun is still available. I met with Greg today, and can attest to this shotgun being in great shape, especially for it's vintage. Unfortunately, I failed to ask that right questions, and it's not exactly what I am looking for. Greg was very gracious and we parted ways without a sale.

The drive to Minola is a pleasant one, so all is well.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Yes, the drive up to Mineola to meet James was a pleasant getaway. The Dogwoods have bloomed and the Blue Bonnets and Indian Paintbrush are starting to sprout.

My pre-1963 Model 12, is in pristine condition. It has been shot but it also reflects this owner's personal and loving care. Anyone wanting to know more about the venerable old Winchester Model 12, including production dates, designs and values can learn from this site, http://www.guns.com/2013/05/31/the-winc ... forgotten/, and other websites.

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Somebody needs this shotgun.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

PM sent.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Topic author
Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Even though I got my draft notice in July of 1966, I've never shot an AR. Anybody got one they'd like to trade ?

Topic author
Oldgringo

Re: WTS: Winchester Model 12 TRADED

Post by Oldgringo »

Great meeting and visit with SoccerDad1995 this afternoon. :thumbs2:

He is the new owner of my Winchester Model 12 and I am the new owner of one of his AR-15's. BTW, we were both OCing compact 1911's. Is this a small world or what?

Thank you and Happy Shooting!

Greg :smile:

Return to “Closed Items”