WTB Budget AR 15

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 6

WTB Budget AR 15

Post by Killadocg23 »

I know this is a long shot but am looking for a "cheap AR 15". 350 is my budget thanks . I am located in South texas but can meet in San.or Houston.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Re: WTB Budget AR 15

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I don't think it is a long shot given where AR prices are at the moment. New complete budget AR's can be had for as low as $429 + FFL fees https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... F5.56+NATO or possibly less if you shop around, so $350 for a used one isn't too much of a stretch. If you have some basic tools and are mechanically inclined you could also build one using PSA parts http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m ... e-kit.html and an Anderson stripped lower for $370 + tax.

I have a few that I might be willing to sell / trade but I would have a hard time parting with any of them at today's market prices. I'll probably wait until all the excess inventory works its way out of the system. Or until I stumble across that new "must have" gun that I just can't wait to buy ;-) .

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

$350 may be tough. CDNN has a DelTon for $399 currently.

You could buy this, and find a cheap Poly lower to get near that $350 mark. But you're building it.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m ... e-kit.html

ETA: Looks like I posted the same thing SoccerDad did (link to PSA). Great minds! :patriot:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmgee67 »

I just bought and Anderson AM 15 from preppergunshop.com on sale for 367.00.

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

If you watch Palmetto State and Primary Arms, you can probably put together a basic AR for close to that, although you would need to add on for sights.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Agreed. PSA and Primary Arms are always having specials. Primary Arms was selling Anderson lowers for $29.99 a few weeks ago. PSA usually has a rifle kit or two on sale.
Psalm 91:2

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Ceratac has a carbine kit (less lower) for $299 ($323 assembled) plus free shipping. Comes with a keymod handguard and collapsible stock.

Depending on what lower you can find and how much assembly you're comfortable with you could have a budget AR near your budget with a couple of little upgrades.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

If the price differential isn't huge and you don't love working on guns, I would encourage you to get one that is fully assembled. I have assembled close to 10 lowers, and I am not super handy, so it can be done. But on the first couple, there were several times that I was cursing myself for taking on the endeavor as a small spring launched across the room.

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:If the price differential isn't huge and you don't love working on guns, I would encourage you to get one that is fully assembled. I have assembled close to 10 lowers, and I am not super handy, so it can be done. But on the first couple, there were several times that I was cursing myself for taking on the endeavor as a small spring launched across the room.
hahaha...this still happens to me every now and then. I'll go up to the gunsmiths counter and I just hear "Need another rear takedown spring sir?" :lol:

Topic author
Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

Thank you gentle men !

Topic author
Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

cmgee67 wrote:I just bought and Anderson AM 15 from preppergunshop.com on sale for 367.00.
Am guessing you got the only one? I looked on the site and didn't see any...

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

pbwalker wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:If the price differential isn't huge and you don't love working on guns, I would encourage you to get one that is fully assembled. I have assembled close to 10 lowers, and I am not super handy, so it can be done. But on the first couple, there were several times that I was cursing myself for taking on the endeavor as a small spring launched across the room.
hahaha...this still happens to me every now and then. I'll go up to the gunsmiths counter and I just hear "Need another rear takedown spring sir?" :lol:
A tea towel, or similar, is your friend :mrgreen: But I know that feeling well. Every so often I go on a hunt in my shop for some missing piece that left a firearm at escape velocity. Took me 4 months to find an extractor spring pin once.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Killadocg23 wrote:
cmgee67 wrote:I just bought and Anderson AM 15 from preppergunshop.com on sale for 367.00.
Still there at the time of this post.

https://www.preppergunshop.com/anderson ... ifle-76874

**Disregard. It's showing out of stock, but you can sign up for notifications once in stock.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Sign up for Grab a Gun emails. They are always having a special. I have seen them as low as $329.00. I get an email from them daily with specials.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

pbwalker wrote:
Killadocg23 wrote:
Still there at the time of this post.

https://www.preppergunshop.com/anderson ... ifle-76874

**Disregard. It's showing out of stock, but you can sign up for notifications once in stock.
Thanks !!!

Return to “Closed Items”