Burris Promotion - FastFire 3 with purchase of AR-332 or AR-536

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Burris Promotion - FastFire 3 with purchase of AR-332 or AR-536

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Mine still hasn't shipped.
Chas.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skiprr »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Mine still hasn't shipped.
You've been waiting, what, six weeks now?
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Mine still hasn't shipped. Perhaps they will send it to be for this Christmas!
Chas.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Mine still hasn't shipped. Perhaps they will send it to be for this Christmas!
Chas.
I hope everyone gets their rebates fulfilled.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 14

Post by bblhd672 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:My AR-332 came today and it looks good. The optics are better than I'd expect for this price, but Burris does seem to have that reputation. I like both the green and red illumination, but off/black should work fine also. The sight seems to be very well built.

I put it on one of my ARs and the eye relief is not a problem. I would like to sight it in tomorrow, but it looks like the weather isn't going to cooperate. It is recommended to sight it in for 100 yds so the "drop compensation" feature will be on out to 600 yds. The brochure states it works for "popular 5.56 and 7.62 cartridges." I seriously doubt that's true since the bullet weights range from 55gr to 168gr. Combine a wide spectrum of bullet weights with velocity differences and I don't expect anything as linear as marked on the reticle.

I'll give a field report when I finally get to shoot it. I need to find batteries for my Aimpoint Comp ML that I haven't shot in years. I'd like to compare them out to 300 yds.

Chas.
Charles - did you ever get the AR-322 out to the range for sight in?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

bblhd672 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:My AR-332 came today and it looks good. The optics are better than I'd expect for this price, but Burris does seem to have that reputation. I like both the green and red illumination, but off/black should work fine also. The sight seems to be very well built.

I put it on one of my ARs and the eye relief is not a problem. I would like to sight it in tomorrow, but it looks like the weather isn't going to cooperate. It is recommended to sight it in for 100 yds so the "drop compensation" feature will be on out to 600 yds. The brochure states it works for "popular 5.56 and 7.62 cartridges." I seriously doubt that's true since the bullet weights range from 55gr to 168gr. Combine a wide spectrum of bullet weights with velocity differences and I don't expect anything as linear as marked on the reticle.

I'll give a field report when I finally get to shoot it. I need to find batteries for my Aimpoint Comp ML that I haven't shot in years. I'd like to compare them out to 300 yds.

Chas.
Charles - did you ever get the AR-322 out to the range for sight in?
Well . . . no. :oops: That's why I want the Fastfire III. I want it to sit in the gun room and keep the AR-332 company. Maybe after the session is over.

Chas.

Topic author
loktite
Posts in topic: 4

Post by loktite »

Received my FastFire III in the mail today, pretty typical Christmas-time rebate turnaround (got checks for remington & federal premium last week). Haven't played with it yet :)
NRA Endowment Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

loktite wrote:Received my FastFire III in the mail today, pretty typical Christmas-time rebate turnaround (got checks for remington & federal premium last week). Haven't played with it yet :)
Woohoo! Hopefully mine isn't far behind. The rebate center received and validated my paperwork 1/6.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
loktite
Posts in topic: 4

Post by loktite »

FWIW, the status page is still the same for me, just the original submission received entry date. No new entry saying shipped.
NRA Endowment Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

loktite wrote:FWIW, the status page is still the same for me, just the original submission received entry date. No new entry saying shipped.
Wow..thanks! That is encouraging then, I wondered if you have seen a shipped date.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

My Fastfire 3 just arrived. I checked the website and it still doesn't show that it had shipped.

Chas.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:My Fastfire 3 just arrived. I checked the website and it still doesn't show that it had shipped.

Chas.
Maybe you received someone else's ! :biggrinjester:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Received my FastFire 3 on Saturday. Didn't get opportunity to mount and take it to the range though.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

Just as a heads up, make sure the battery cover is tightened well and I recommend the use of some blue Loctite.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Beiruty wrote:Just as a heads up, make sure the battery cover is tightened well and I recommend the use of some blue Loctite.
Thanks. When I put the battery in and replaced the cover it appears that the cover does not fit as flush as it did without battery. I'll open it back up and put a little blue Loctite on the threads.

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”