Sub2k Sub2000 folding concealed rifle

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 25

Re: Sub2k Sub2000 folding concealed rifle

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bblhd672 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote: You have to actually see and handle the MI optic mount. It is as stable as mounting to a polymer forearm will allow it to be. If you attach a metal section of rail to the side of the polymer forend, the optic is still ultimately attached to a polymer forend, and whatever flex is inherent in the polymer forend is still going to affect your accuracy.
Seems that company recognizes the issue with the polymer forearm and has this stabilizer available:
http://www.performanceservicesmachining ... tabilizer/

I agree the Sub2K is a fun firearm. Whenever I take it out to the range someone usually comments about liking it.
I just bought $145 worth of upgrade parts from them, including that item.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote: You have to actually see and handle the MI optic mount. It is as stable as mounting to a polymer forearm will allow it to be. If you attach a metal section of rail to the side of the polymer forend, the optic is still ultimately attached to a polymer forend, and whatever flex is inherent in the polymer forend is still going to affect your accuracy.
Seems that company recognizes the issue with the polymer forearm and has this stabilizer available:
http://www.performanceservicesmachining ... tabilizer/

I agree the Sub2K is a fun firearm. Whenever I take it out to the range someone usually comments about liking it.
I just bought $145 worth of upgrade parts from them, including that item.

TAM,
I think it is time to have an intervention, if for no other reason, than the terrible influence you are having on other forum members. Maybe we can do a two for one scenario for you and AndyC.
The two of you have attempted to spread your addiction to us all, and it is no doubt causing marital issues, for other members. Not only are you causing us to get the buying bug for firearms, but then the additional costs for the accessories.

First off, we want you to know we love you........

:biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Heh heh. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

Too late, Jusme. I am hooked.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 3

Post by maverick2076 »

I love Keltec. I opened a service desk ticket with them about the possibility of upgrading the forearm and front sight on my GEN 1 Sub2K to the Gen 2 model. They told me that they would have to do the swap because it involved making some major changes to the rifle, but that it would only be $75 plus the shipping. When I inquired about also getting my barrel threaded for my suppressor, they informed me that they would just be sending me a new Gen 2 rifle, since the serial number is in a different spot and there are so many changes involved. That is awesome!

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

maverick2076 wrote:I love Keltec. I opened a service desk ticket with them about the possibility of upgrading the forearm and front sight on my GEN 1 Sub2K to the Gen 2 model. They told me that they would have to do the swap because it involved making some major changes to the rifle, but that it would only be $75 plus the shipping. When I inquired about also getting my barrel threaded for my suppressor, they informed me that they would just be sending me a new Gen 2 rifle, since the serial number is in a different spot and there are so many changes involved. That is awesome!
That is pretty awesome service! Much better experience then I have had with Ruger on my Ruger Precision Gen 1. They offered to let me buy a new flat bottomed handguard more suitable for mounting a bipod for ~$250 and were sorry to inform me that the muzzle brake had been removed from the Ruger Store website - no further information available. Super disappointing.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Abraham
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Abraham »

I wonder if some overzealous LE upon discovering you're carrying a concealed rifle while in a 30.06 posted location might treat you the same as if you "were" carrying a handgun arguing while you're not carrying a handgun per se, logic says you're breaking the spirit of 30.06 as it's obvious they don't want visitors carrying firearms into their place of business whether they be handguns or rifles...?

Or, upon looking at the Sub2000 (as an example) argue it "is" a hand gun in their opinion, just a bigger handgun...

Or, nah, this would never be a problem if LE discovered you were carrying a small rifle, thus 30.06 doesn't apply and you can happily carry away...

Frankly, and I hope I'm wrong, but I can see some (not all) LE having a conniption if they discover you're carrying something like a Sub2000 in a 30.06 location.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 12

Post by bblhd672 »

Abraham wrote:I wonder if some overzealous LE upon discovering you're carrying a concealed rifle while in a 30.06 posted location might treat you the same as if you "were" carrying a handgun arguing while you're not carrying a handgun per se, logic says you're breaking the spirit of 30.06 as it's obvious they don't want visitors carrying firearms into their place of business whether they be handguns or rifles...?

Or, upon looking at the Sub2000 (as an example) argue it "is" a hand gun in their opinion, just a bigger handgun...

Or, nah, this would never be a problem if LE discovered you were carrying a small rifle, thus 30.06 doesn't apply and you can happily carry away...

Frankly, and I hope I'm wrong, but I can see some (not all) LE having a conniption if they discover you're carrying something like a Sub2000 in a 30.06 location.
Just say, "Sorry officer, I was extremely careless. No laws broken here." :mrgreen:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

To you guys who are carrying Sub2K in a briefcase - what kind of briefcase are you using? I have one that I've had for 20+ years that I used to carry to work everyday, now it just sits in the closet. Just a typical briefcase with two metal clasp/combination locks on it.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

bblhd672,

Unfortunately, you aren't going to be the one to make that determination.

While we both appreciate that a rifle is not a handgun, I wouldn't want to test (if discovered) my technical assurance of innocence against some angry LE who upon discovering my rifle in a 30.06 environment can be assumed to be A-OK with it...or recognize I'm in the right.

Yes, ultimately I think carrying a rifle in a handgun verboten area (30.06) is legal, you still might encounter a massive amount of grief before being exonerated...

Or, maybe I'm simply being pessimistic and nothing of consequence would happen upon being discovered carrying a rifle in a 30.06 environment, but I doubt it...

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Abraham wrote:bblhd672,

Unfortunately, you aren't going to be the one to make that determination.

While we both appreciate that a rifle is not a handgun, I wouldn't want to test (if discovered) my technical assurance of innocence against some angry LE who upon discovering my rifle in a 30.06 environment can be assumed to be A-OK with it...or recognize I'm in the right.

Yes, ultimately I think carrying a rifle in a handgun verboten area (30.06) is legal, you still might encounter a massive amount of grief before being exonerated...

Or, maybe I'm simply being pessimistic and nothing of consequence would happen upon being discovered carrying a rifle in a 30.06 environment, but I doubt it...
I understand...was just trying to interject some humor. Such as "But officer, I saw the 30.06 sign, but this rifle is 9mm not 30.06." :biggrinjester:

The Annoyed Man

bblhd672 wrote:To you guys who are carrying Sub2K in a briefcase - what kind of briefcase are you using? I have one that I've had for 20+ years that I used to carry to work everyday, now it just sits in the closet. Just a typical briefcase with two metal clasp/combination locks on it.
I have this one, but it's more like a messenger bag than a briefcase: 5.11 Rush Delivery Lima
At 11” high, 17” long, and 4” deep, the Lima Class RUSH Delivery Bag offers expanded capacity and fully customizable storage options that allow you to sort your gear effectively and efficiently. Built from ruggedized Nylon for superior resilience in any climate or environment, the RUSH Delivery Lima features a quick-draw compartment that provides accelerated access to a covert sidearm, a padded laptop sleeve to protect sensitive electronics, a quick-access admin panel keeps your keys, business cards, and flashlight within easy reach, and a main storage area with ample space for documents or accessories. The external surface of the RUSH Delivery Lima incorporates a wrap-around web platform compatible with MOLLE, 5.11 SlickStick®, and 5.11® TacTec System™ modular storage upgrades, while the cross-body stabilizing strap and ambidextrous design allow quick and easy shoulder switching.
I keep the carbine in the laptop pocket, because there's a velcro'd strap to keep it closed and less easily seen when the briefcase is open. There's still room for my 15" MacBook Pro, an iPad, a note pad, and other assorted stuff in the main pocket. There's a "covert" zipper pocket on the back side of it that is velcro lined for a CCW holster. There's a couple of side pockets that will hold water bottles. There's two zippered pockets in the cover flap, and then assorted other pockets all over the inside. It's really a well designed and practical bag. The folded length of the carbine is 16.25”. The pocket it sits in is .75" longer. The folded carbine is about 8" high, and the bag is 11" high. The width of the folded carbine is maybe a touch wider than a 9mm Glock pistol.

#TINVOWOOT

rotor
Posts in topic: 11

Post by rotor »

Amazon has the UTG

$25. It is a little big at 25" but has all kinds of velcro straps to hold everything down. I love my little Kel-Tec but have absolutely no plans to customize it. Play with the add-ons as you wish.

Tam, does it catch your beard?

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:To you guys who are carrying Sub2K in a briefcase - what kind of briefcase are you using? I have one that I've had for 20+ years that I used to carry to work everyday, now it just sits in the closet. Just a typical briefcase with two metal clasp/combination locks on it.
I have this one, but it's more like a messenger bag than a briefcase: 5.11 Rush Delivery Lima
At 11” high, 17” long, and 4” deep, the Lima Class RUSH Delivery Bag offers expanded capacity and fully customizable storage options that allow you to sort your gear effectively and efficiently. Built from ruggedized Nylon for superior resilience in any climate or environment, the RUSH Delivery Lima features a quick-draw compartment that provides accelerated access to a covert sidearm, a padded laptop sleeve to protect sensitive electronics, a quick-access admin panel keeps your keys, business cards, and flashlight within easy reach, and a main storage area with ample space for documents or accessories. The external surface of the RUSH Delivery Lima incorporates a wrap-around web platform compatible with MOLLE, 5.11 SlickStick®, and 5.11® TacTec System™ modular storage upgrades, while the cross-body stabilizing strap and ambidextrous design allow quick and easy shoulder switching.
I keep the carbine in the laptop pocket, because there's a velcro'd strap to keep it closed and less easily seen when the briefcase is open. There's still room for my 15" MacBook Pro, an iPad, a note pad, and other assorted stuff in the main pocket. There's a "covert" zipper pocket on the back side of it that is velcro lined for a CCW holster. There's a couple of side pockets that will hold water bottles. There's two zippered pockets in the cover flap, and then assorted other pockets all over the inside. It's really a well designed and practical bag. The folded length of the carbine is 16.25”. The pocket it sits in is .75" longer. The folded carbine is about 8" high, and the bag is 11" high. The width of the folded carbine is maybe a touch wider than a 9mm Glock pistol.
I use a standard, cheap, 17" nylon laptop bag. It fits in diagonally and the inside straps keep it from bouncing around. No one gives it a first glance let alone a second.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

My old "law office and school" briefcases were all worn out or donated or thrown out when I retired, so I bought several soft nylon Laptop cases, but any briefcase/laptop case that can handle a 16" to 16-1/2" length either straight across, or diagonally, should work. I bought the soft nylon Laptop cases all at Amazon pretty cheap

I usually use my 15-16" Caselogic laptop case (the 17" Caselogic case was a bit large, but it could work if you have one) but I own a much nicer Samsonite case too...

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”