Shoot a Glock? Check Out ‘The Gadget’ If You Wanted Added Safety

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Shoot a Glock? Check Out ‘The Gadget’ If You Wanted Added Safety

Post by Pawpaw »

While this is touted as being especially worthy for those who carry their concealed weapon inside the waistband, The Gadget Striker Control Device (SCD)* is solid bit of kit for those who carry outside the waistband as well. There are numerous stories every year of someone cranking a round off as the shooter re-holsters. In most of these events—including two near-negligent discharges I’ve personally witnessed—either clothing or range debris snagged the trigger and started to depress it as the shooter was putting his gun away with his finger high on the slide as he was supposed to do.
https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/03/1 ... ck-gadget/

I don't understand the price, but here is where you can buy one direct from the manufacturer.

https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/produ ... rol-device
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

AJSully421

Re: Shoot a Glock? Check Out ‘The Gadget’ If You Wanted Added Safety

Post by AJSully421 »

I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than to have that abomination on my Glock.

Scared of shooting yourself with a Glock? Then carry something else. An M&P with a thumb safety is a great alternative.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

rotor

Post by rotor »

AJSully421 wrote:I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than to have that abomination on my Glock.

Scared of shooting yourself with a Glock? Then carry something else. An M&P with a thumb safety is a great alternative.
Why is it an abomination? I personally wouldn't buy one but I can see where it might help prevent a ND when re holstering such as in appendix carry. There are holsters that are very hard to re holster with no matter what gun you have and safety's have flipped off when re holstering other guns too. I thought it was a clever idea especially for some that might not carry with a round in the chamber because of the possibility of ND on re holstering. Yes, they could have picked a different gun or holster or carry method also. I guess it's like a palpable cartridge in the chamber indicator, an aid but not a necessity.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 2

Post by treadlightly »

As I understand, it doesn't alter the trigger, it just follows the trigger bar motion.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat for my P320, but I don't think the P320 lends itself to the idea.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

I can't imagine why anybody who thinks this is a great idea would buy a Glock in the first place.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

<Glock fanboy> I shoot glocks because they werk. XDs are a just a cheap clone.
<XD Shooter> Then where is the Glocks Chamber loaded indicator, or the striker status indicator, or the grip safety?
<Glock fanboy> You don't need those things, and if you want to see if it's loaded then look at the extractor.
<XD Shooter> So it doesn't have them?
<Glock fanboy> Doesn't need them.
--Later--
<Glock Fanboy> Check out 'The Gadget' its awesome!
<XD shooter> How is that different from the Striker status indicator on My XD?
<Glock Fanboy> Because it's on a Glock...

I just couldn't resist. :evil2:
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

So many experts, so little time :yawn

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

I actually think it is a pretty clever idea. The only thing it does, if the video is correct, is give tactile feedback on reholstering. Do you foresee a situation where you reholster without looking at the holster? If so, this would seem to add a measure of safety without affecting the reasons many, myself included, like the Glock, mainly no external safety. I would like tho try one.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

...aaaaand this is why I have a thumb safety...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 2

Post by treadlightly »

Now I'm thinking about buying another gun.

Mmmm.... Sig P250.... Like a P320 except it has a hammer I can control with my thumb when holstering.... :drool:

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

ninjabread wrote:I can't imagine why anybody who thinks this is a great idea would buy a Glock in the first place.
Because the PPQ I used to carry is otherwise a fantastic gun.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

dragun

Post by dragun »

treadlightly wrote:As I understand, it doesn't alter the trigger, it just follows the trigger bar motion.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat for my P320, but I don't think the P320 lends itself to the idea.
You're exactly right. It is designed exactly for those who like to ride the hammer when re-holstering, especially aiwb. It was originally designed by the late Todd Green who started the pistol-forum and is one of the most well respected individuals/trainers in the industry. He was a huge da/as guy but got cancer in his elbow. While battling cancer, he was unable to handle the heavier da/as Sig he used when he had to re-learn how to shot and started using a glock for its lighter weigh and wanted to have the same extra safety feature when re-holstering in the aiwb position that he had with the da/as.

For those who would like to educate themselves about it, you can read about it on the pistol forum. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php ... t-REVEALED
This was not something they took very lightly to bring to the market. I too would live to see one on the 320 but likely not happening soon if at all.

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”