Grabagun

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

jmorris

Re: Grabagun

Postby jmorris » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:51 pm

bblhd672 wrote:...

Several DFW area gun stores with online web stores that I have inquired about something listed as "In Stock" on the website do not actually have the items "in store." I do business with Grab A Gun because they are friendly, relatively fast to ship and convenient to my office for pickup in store.

I know of two San Antonio stores that do this. One store front is so small that they only have 20-25 rifles and a dozen handguns in store, with on-line orders being sent to the store or drop-shipped to your FFL. The other is much larger with more stock in-store, but the stock in-store is more expensive then that online. You could order online for pickup at the store and get the online price.
Jay E Morris
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC
NRA Lifetime/Recuiter
Cibolo, TX

Topic author
Soccerdad1995

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:04 pm

jmorris wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Jusme wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:Is this outfit legit? Poking around their site, I see some incredibly good deals, like the Ruger AR 556 for $479 that I referenced in another thread. Buds has that same gun for $601, and I haven't seen them that far off from other vendors before (25% more than the competitor). I compared a few other guns, and they are significantly better than Buds pricing for over half of my non-random sample.

Looking for folks who have had experiences with Grabagun. Good, bad, ugly, whatever. Are there hidden fees, or something else I'm missing?

I haven't dealt directly with them, but Texas residents do have to pay State sales tax, which, with out of state vendors is not a requirement.

I'm confused. Texas residents have to pay a use tax if they don't pay sales tax, so it works out the same regardless.

You are absolutely correct, those who purchase out-of-state are *supposed* to pay use tax. Sometimes even if purchased in-state.

I'd be surprised if compliance hit 1%.

FYI: https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/sales/use-tax.php

Ah yes. But on this forum, many people will not even walk past a non-compliant 30.06 sign for fear of getting an invalid ticket that has a max penalty of $200 even if a judge happened to incorrectly rule that it was valid. In other words, we are probably in the place where the most law abiding 1% of the population happens to reside.

Also, don't forget to keep track of any extra income for tax reporting. Last year I almost forgot to report the market value of that case of beer my buddy gave me for helping him move.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

Topic author
Soccerdad1995

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:15 pm

Well I just discovered one limitation with this company. I am travelling and asked that they hold shipment for a few weeks. They responded that they are unable to control the timing of shipments. This is consistent with a process of placing orders for drop ship directly from the manufacturer / other distributor, so I guess it makes sense.

Unfortunately, it also may be a deal breaker at the moment as I am trying to snatch up a couple Shields (9mm and .45 ACP) before availability gets low with the current rebate offer. I may try them the next time that I don't need flexibility.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

Rex B

Postby Rex B » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:18 pm

+1 - I bought 3 guns from them last year. Best price, good people. good operation
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”