Grabagun

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Grabagun

Post by TreyHouston »

So Dallas has the cheap guns in Houston has the cheap ammunition (freedom munitions)... why do I feel like it was designed this way on purpose!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Bolton Strid
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bolton Strid »

My experience with them stunk on ice - all over 20 bucks worth of crap. Placed an order online, then 3 days later they charged my card, 5 days after that they finally shipped. That's not cool - okay, so they could be slow and all that, but don't be charging my card until it ships. But the kicker is this, the same exact day they charged my card, persons unknown at the other end of the state in south Texas also dinged my card, racking up nearly $300 bucks worth in multiple purchases. That's either one heck of a coincidence, there was a rat working there, or else their system is STILL being hacked. If you check around the 'net for info, they had a hack several years back that picked off card info. How well that got fixed or re-secured is an unknown. But I do know I'm not dealing with them again, not unless I happen to physically be in their store - and pay in cash.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TVGuy »

I think many of their guns are ordered from the distributor when purchased through them, hence you being charged a couple of days before it ships to you. I don't have an issue with that, especially for the prices they offer. Many of my in-person LGS purchases have been that way.

As for the fraudulent charge, I'd bet that's a coincidence.

jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmorris »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Jusme wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:Is this outfit legit? Poking around their site, I see some incredibly good deals, like the Ruger AR 556 for $479 that I referenced in another thread. Buds has that same gun for $601, and I haven't seen them that far off from other vendors before (25% more than the competitor). I compared a few other guns, and they are significantly better than Buds pricing for over half of my non-random sample.

Looking for folks who have had experiences with Grabagun. Good, bad, ugly, whatever. Are there hidden fees, or something else I'm missing?

I haven't dealt directly with them, but Texas residents do have to pay State sales tax, which, with out of state vendors is not a requirement.
I'm confused. Texas residents have to pay a use tax if they don't pay sales tax, so it works out the same regardless.
You are absolutely correct, those who purchase out-of-state are *supposed* to pay use tax. Sometimes even if purchased in-state.

I'd be surprised if compliance hit 1%.

FYI: https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/sales/use-tax.php
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

TVGuy wrote:I think many of their guns are ordered from the distributor when purchased through them, hence you being charged a couple of days before it ships to you. I don't have an issue with that, especially for the prices they offer. Many of my in-person LGS purchases have been that way.
? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Uhh - I'm not sure what you read or what you thought you read, but that's not what I wrote about - it was 20 bucks worth - two, zero - of accessories, was not a firearm. The stuff was indicated as in stock, there was no having to special order, there was no requirement of any up-front payment as a prerequisite to the transaction. Messing around with the card like they did is simply bad business and shady.
Your opinion - and you're certainly welcome to it.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Bolton Strid wrote:
TVGuy wrote:I think many of their guns are ordered from the distributor when purchased through them, hence you being charged a couple of days before it ships to you. I don't have an issue with that, especially for the prices they offer. Many of my in-person LGS purchases have been that way.
? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Uhh - I'm not sure what you read or what you thought you read, but that's not what I wrote about - it was 20 bucks worth - two, zero - of accessories, was not a firearm. The stuff was indicated as in stock, there was no having to special order, there was no requirement of any up-front payment as a prerequisite to the transaction. Messing around with the card like they did is simply bad business and shady.
Firearm or accessories, doesn't really make a difference. Probably shouldn't say in stock, but shipping 3 days after a card is charged isn't that big of a deal.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Bolton Strid wrote:
? ? ? ? ? ? ?
I also bet that with accessories, they don't have them "on-hand", but they are in-stock with a distributor that they use, and ship from the distributor, not from their store front... pretty common with small businesses so that they don't have a lot of cash tied up in inventory.

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

TVGuy wrote: Firearm or accessories, doesn't really make a difference. Probably shouldn't say in stock, but shipping 3 days after a card is charged isn't that big of a deal.
Interesting - your definition for what “In Stock” means must be different from mine – to me it means inside the building, already in inventory, at the ready to be packed and shipped out – not having the customer wait while it’s being surreptitiously ordered from Timbuktu. So, you’re saying that products shown as “In Stock” that are in reality not even in inventory, charging the customer well before something ships even though there is no written notification of that as being a condition for completion of the transaction and slow shipping are acceptable practices to be expected and have to be lived with across the spectrum of online firearm merchants, or specifically Grabagun?
Smoke Rings in the Dark

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

cyphertext wrote: I also bet that with accessories, they don't have them "on-hand", but they are in-stock with a distributor that they use, and ship from the distributor, not from their store front... pretty common with small businesses so that they don't have a lot of cash tied up in inventory.
Your definition for what qualifies as “In Stock” differs broadly from mine also. Same question for you, chief - that products shown as “In Stock” that are in reality not even in inventory, charging the customer well before something ships even though there is no written notification of that as being a condition for completion of the transaction and slow shipping are acceptable practices to be expected and have to be lived with across the spectrum of online firearm merchants, or specifically Grabagun?
Smoke Rings in the Dark

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Bolton Strid wrote:
TVGuy wrote: Firearm or accessories, doesn't really make a difference. Probably shouldn't say in stock, but shipping 3 days after a card is charged isn't that big of a deal.
Interesting - your definition for what “In Stock” means must be different from mine – to me it means inside the building, already in inventory, at the ready to be packed and shipped out – not having the customer wait while it’s being surreptitiously ordered from Timbuktu. So, you’re saying that products shown as “In Stock” that are in reality not even in inventory, charging the customer well before something ships even though there is no written notification of that as being a condition for completion of the transaction and slow shipping are acceptable practices to be expected and have to be lived with across the spectrum of online firearm merchants, or specifically Grabagun?
First of all, see my post. I said the site should probably not have said "in stock". I then continued to say the time frame it was shipped in wasn't a big deal to *ME*.

That having been said, your online tone toward me in both posts has been less than friendly. You've been condescending to myself and another poster that politely replied to you. You seem to be looking for an argument or fight. GrabAGun, and probably any other retailer, is better off not doing business with someone just looking to start trouble anyway. I won't waste my time replying to you again. Good day.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RPBrown wrote:They are a good company. I have bought a couple of guns through them. They have a brick and mortar store in Coppell but they do not have a lot on display
Is that the one that is almost across 121 from Bass Pro? The only time I ever tried to go there, it was during what I would have called "regular business hours", on a week day, and they were closed, with a sign on the door saying you had to make an appointment. That was maybe 7 or 8 years ago. I never went back, because I didn't want to make an appointment just to browse guns. If they're open regularly now, I'd go back and give them a look, as they aren't that far from me.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
RPBrown wrote:They are a good company. I have bought a couple of guns through them. They have a brick and mortar store in Coppell but they do not have a lot on display
Is that the one that is almost across 121 from Bass Pro? The only time I ever tried to go there, it was during what I would have called "regular business hours", on a week day, and they were closed, with a sign on the door saying you had to make an appointment. That was maybe 7 or 8 years ago. I never went back, because I didn't want to make an appointment just to browse guns. If they're open regularly now, I'd go back and give them a look, as they aren't that far from me.

I don't think so, TAM. They have a very small store in a warehouse area near 635 and Beltline in Coppell.

Edit: TAM, they actually are on Beltline, several miles east of 121. Not sure if that's the location you were thinking of. (near where Beltline goes from being east-west to north-south)
Last edited by TVGuy on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Bolton Strid wrote:
cyphertext wrote: I also bet that with accessories, they don't have them "on-hand", but they are in-stock with a distributor that they use, and ship from the distributor, not from their store front... pretty common with small businesses so that they don't have a lot of cash tied up in inventory.
Your definition for what qualifies as “In Stock” differs broadly from mine also. Same question for you, chief - that products shown as “In Stock” that are in reality not even in inventory, charging the customer well before something ships even though there is no written notification of that as being a condition for completion of the transaction and slow shipping are acceptable practices to be expected and have to be lived with across the spectrum of online firearm merchants, or specifically Grabagun?
It isn't limited to online firearm merchants. A few weeks ago, my wife and I ordered some college logo items. I ordered an OU hat and received it 2 days later. My wife ordered a New Mexico State T-shirt and it took over two weeks to get here. Ordered the items on the same day, cards charged the same day... but OU hats are pretty popular, so they are probably kept on hand. New Mexico State t-shirts are probably printed as ordered.

Even large corporations use this kind of model. I worked for a large telecommunications corporation, and we resold equipment such as routers. We didn't keep every router and configuration in our inventory in a warehouse... we ordered it from a partner when a customer placed an order with us.

While this system normally works well, sometimes there will be an issue where something shows as available in the computer system, but it isn't found in the warehouse... I don't know what exactly happened in your case, but stuff happens. As far as the credit card number being stolen, that could have happened from anywhere... Did you use your card at a restaurant? Or a gas station? Major retailers such as Amazon, Home Depot and Target have been hacked, but I bet you still shop there!

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

I've bought 2 firearms from them. Super nice folks. Both times I walked into their store front, no lines, no waiting. just a smile and a handshake.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Bolton Strid wrote:Your definition for what qualifies as “In Stock” differs broadly from mine also. Same question for you, chief - that products shown as “In Stock” that are in reality not even in inventory, charging the customer well before something ships even though there is no written notification of that as being a condition for completion of the transaction and slow shipping are acceptable practices to be expected and have to be lived with across the spectrum of online firearm merchants, or specifically Grabagun?
Several DFW area gun stores with online web stores that I have inquired about something listed as "In Stock" on the website do not actually have the items "in store." I do business with Grab A Gun because they are friendly, relatively fast to ship and convenient to my office for pickup in store.

As someone else said in an earlier post, this is simply the way things are now. A local gun store competing with Cabelas, Gander, Academy, etc cannot afford to have the quantities of inventory "in store" to provide everyone with everything they want the day they want it.

Every time I order from Amazon, my card is charged at the time of order, even though the items are "in stock" but may not ship for 2 or 3 days.

If I want something "today" I go to brick and mortar locations until I find what I want and pay the price.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”