Gander until 5/6/17: Cowboy .22, Canik 9, LC9s, 10% off 1911's.

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Gander until 5/6/17: Cowboy .22, Canik 9, LC9s, 10% off 1911's.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Gander Mountain's Spring 2017 ad, running from <unknown start date> until May 6, 2017,
contains the following handguns for sale. There is 1 revolver and multiple pistols.

REVOLVER.
Heritage Rough Rider Cowboy style, .22 LR, 6 rounds, the ad says 4.75" barrel,
but the photo appears to show a much longer barrel, black with brown wooden grips. $119.99.

PISTOLS.
Canik TP9 Special Forces, 9MM, 18 + 1 rounds, holster, cleaning brush, speed loader, black,
although FDE (Flat Dark Earth) may be available in some locations, $319.99.

Ruger LC9S (striker-fired, unlike the LC9 hammered version), 9MM, 7 + 1 rounds.
This is in a unique color known as Blue Titanium. The trigger on this model is
supposed to be very smooth, per the video shooter Hickok45. $399.99.

1911's.
Save 10% on all 1911's. Brands, in alpha order: Browning, Kimber, Remington, Ruger, Sig Sauer
Springield Armory.
The 10% applies to 1911's with original prices of $499.99 up to $2499.99.

Happy shopping, shootists.

By the way, Academy hasn't put out any sales circulars in about 2 months, that's why I have
not posted any handguns from them.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Gander until 5/6/17: Cowboy .22, Canik 9, LC9s, 10% off 1911's.

Post by oohrah »

My GM has a sign on the door that says circular ads will not be honored, that only the GOOB discounts posted inside the store apply, and discounts cannot be stacked. They also are no longer giving veteran discounts.

(once they get to 30% or better, then their prices will be comparable to Cabela's :) )
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

oohrah you posted:

"My GM has a sign on the door that says circular ads will not be honored, that only the GOOB discounts posted inside the store apply, and discounts cannot be stacked."

Please translate that into every day English, I can't be the only one to not understand...

Thanks!

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Abraham wrote:oohrah you posted:

"My GM has a sign on the door that says circular ads will not be honored, that only the GOOB discounts posted inside the store apply, and discounts cannot be stacked."

Please translate that into every day English, I can't be the only one to not understand...

Thanks!

Sound like to me that oohrah's store is on the chopping block, and will not honor the national sales discounts. I also believe the GOOB should be BOGO,(buy one get one) but I could be mistaken about that. I agree they will have to drop prices significantly, to be competitive.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

Jusme wrote:

Thanks!

Sound like to me that oohrah's store is on the chopping block, and will not honor the national sales discounts. I also believe the GOOB should be BOGO,(buy one get one) but I could be mistaken about that. I agree they will have to drop prices significantly, to be competitive.
I agree, oorha's store is on the chopping block. GOOB (Going Out Of Business) stores only honor the discounts posted in the stores and in emails. The discounts are miniscule. Tha last I notice received for firearms and ammo was 5%. Their GOOB plan aligns with their regular marketing price points - which is why they're going out of business.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

puma guy wrote:
Jusme wrote:

Thanks!

I agree, oorha's store is on the chopping block. GOOB (Going Out Of Business) stores only honor the discounts posted in the stores and in emails. The discounts are miniscule. Tha last I notice received for firearms and ammo was 5%. Their GOOB plan aligns with their regular marketing price points - which is why they're going out of business.

:iagree:

Looks like they will have a lot of inventory left to ship to their remaining stores. I'm not driving anywhere for only 5% off, their already way too high prices.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Jusme wrote:
puma guy wrote:
Jusme wrote:

Thanks!

:iagree:

Looks like they will have a lot of inventory left to ship to their remaining stores. I'm not driving anywhere for only 5% off, their already way too high prices.
I don't know if they'll transfer firearms. I visited the Stafford location early on and the guy in the firearms department said they won't be transferring gun, stated they shipped out all they could, but he didn't elaborate. I don't know of any legal restriction that would prevent them from doing that and I know they ship used guns around when requested. It will be a long time before the discounts will approach normal sales prices at Academy and even Cabelas.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Thanks all for your help.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:
By the way, Academy hasn't put out any sales circulars in about 2 months, that's why I have
not posted any handguns from them.

SIA
Academy circulars may be regional. I got one in my local paper today. Their ad is available on their website though and easily checked.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Thanks for the translations, guys.

If you find a GOOB GM, they do have some deep (up to 40% currently) discounts on clothing and other paraphernalia, but ammo and guns still only 5%, so not worth the trouble.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

oohrah wrote:Thanks for the translations, guys.

If you find a GOOB GM, they do have some deep (up to 40% currently) discounts on clothing and other paraphernalia, but ammo and guns still only 5%, so not worth the trouble.
I received an email today from GM with notification of 10% off firearms and ammo as well as 30% of black powder guns and supplies.

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”