S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16560
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Thu May 11, 2017 10:39 am

HadEmAll wrote:Those $225 .45 Shields can't possibly be as good as my bought-a-week-before-the-rebate-started $375 .45 Shield :banghead: , but enjoy them anyway. Great little pistol.



OUCH!! Call Smith and see if they'll give you the rebate. They just might do it.

Chas.
Image

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts: 7873
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby mojo84 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:40 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
HadEmAll wrote:Those $225 .45 Shields can't possibly be as good as my bought-a-week-before-the-rebate-started $375 .45 Shield :banghead: , but enjoy them anyway. Great little pistol.



OUCH!! Call Smith and see if they'll give you the rebate. They just might do it.

Chas.


I definitely think this is worth an inquiry.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 2564
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:49 am

Excaliber wrote:The 9mm no safety version is now $289 before rebate at PSA.

Just a couple of years ago that gun went for $469.

That's into no brainer territory now.


That's into need to buy it even if it just sits in the safe pricing territory. Absolutely crazy.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 2564
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:01 am

Zoti wrote:I'm in Plano. Called two stores and both refused to price match online prices.


I don't understand the logic of this at all. Surely the stores can get some type of discount from retail, and they have no FFL fees to pay. Even if they are making a minimal amount on the deal, you would think they would welcome a potential future customer coming through their doors.

I use Boyert shooting center for most of my FFL transfers because I get 2 free per month with my range membership. They are always super nice and friendly, asking me what I got this month, etc. The retail manager mentioned to me that they are willing to match any online prices (but I would need to pay sales tax), but other than that, they have made no comments whatsoever when I pick up guns that they sell, and some that they don't.

I always make a point of looking around their showroom when I go there to pick up a gun. So when I saw they had a sale on a Nighthawk that I had been wanting, it was a no brainer to spend the $3,000+ (incl tax) with them. I have a relationship with their retail folks because I go in there for the FFL transfers where they make hardly anything. That ultimately led to more business for them.

In this case, you are offering to go into a person's store, take a look at what they have to offer, talk guns with them, and give them the chance to impress, and develop a relationship with, a potential customer. At most, this will cost the store a bit of their time (ordering the gun, filling out paperwork, etc.). And they might even make $10 or so for their trouble. If I owned a gun store I would pay for the opportunity to develop a relationship like that, and I would jump at the chance to do it for free.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts: 9005
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby carlson1 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Picked for Shield .45 up today and have already filled out the online rebate.
Image


Zoti
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby Zoti » Thu May 11, 2017 9:43 pm

I got an email today and it is coming tomorrow.


skeathley
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:29 am
Location: McKinney, TX
Contact:

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby skeathley » Thu May 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Some people have reported that the .45 is out of stock at Palmetto. If so, I must have gotten one of the last ones. My daily carry is a Shield 9mm, and think it is a perfect size for CC, in width and length. Looking forward to seeing how the .45 shoots.
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

User avatar

Excaliber
Moderator
Posts: 5520
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 pm
Location: DFW Metro

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby Excaliber » Fri May 12, 2017 7:33 am

skeathley wrote:Some people have reported that the .45 is out of stock at Palmetto. If so, I must have gotten one of the last ones. My daily carry is a Shield 9mm, and think it is a perfect size for CC, in width and length. Looking forward to seeing how the .45 shoots.


You're in for a treat. You'll be very pleased. ]
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.


MechAg94
Senior Member
Posts: 1349
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:28 pm

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby MechAg94 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:35 am

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Zoti wrote:I'm in Plano. Called two stores and both refused to price match online prices.


I don't understand the logic of this at all. Surely the stores can get some type of discount from retail, and they have no FFL fees to pay. Even if they are making a minimal amount on the deal, you would think they would welcome a potential future customer coming through their doors.

I use Boyert shooting center for most of my FFL transfers because I get 2 free per month with my range membership. They are always super nice and friendly, asking me what I got this month, etc. The retail manager mentioned to me that they are willing to match any online prices (but I would need to pay sales tax), but other than that, they have made no comments whatsoever when I pick up guns that they sell, and some that they don't.

I always make a point of looking around their showroom when I go there to pick up a gun. So when I saw they had a sale on a Nighthawk that I had been wanting, it was a no brainer to spend the $3,000+ (incl tax) with them. I have a relationship with their retail folks because I go in there for the FFL transfers where they make hardly anything. That ultimately led to more business for them.

In this case, you are offering to go into a person's store, take a look at what they have to offer, talk guns with them, and give them the chance to impress, and develop a relationship with, a potential customer. At most, this will cost the store a bit of their time (ordering the gun, filling out paperwork, etc.). And they might even make $10 or so for their trouble. If I owned a gun store I would pay for the opportunity to develop a relationship like that, and I would jump at the chance to do it for free.

I think the logic is that small stores don't get anywhere near the bulk discounts that online sellers do. Likely the online price is below their cost, not just at a discount. On the other hand, the smaller stores are usually happy to take a reasonable transfer fee.

If you know of brick and mortar stores that you can work well with, that can be a good thing.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 2564
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:58 am

MechAg94 wrote:If you know of brick and mortar stores that you can work well with, that can be a good thing.


I do not own a gun store, so I may just be ignorant on the specifics. But, if the online price is below the retailer's cost, couldn't they just sell you the gun that is sitting in their display case and then immediately order it from that same online retailer to restock their inventory? Net effect, they still have the same quantity of that gun in their inventory, and there is no cost to them other than the time needed to complete the paperwork, etc. I am assuming that they would still charge the consumer all of the sales tax, and the price match would include any shipping costs.

For my fellow accountants out there, I understand that they would likely have an accounting loss, depending on the inventory method they use (FIFO vs LIFO), but that is not a real economic loss, and if anything, the tax loss would be beneficial.

And yes, I agree that for the consumer, it can be very worthwhile to have good relationships with a couple B&M retailers. I am just questioning why the retailers are not interested in investing 15 minutes of their time to develop a relationship. I am certainly willing to invest that amount of time on my end as the consumer.

I think there are a lot of small B&M retailers (of all types) out there who are struggling to cope with the shift toward internet based commerce. B&M locations need to add value above and beyond merely providing something that can easily be ordered online. It makes sense for them to start by thinking about things that you cannot get online, or where the online cost is prohibitive for some reason. For firearms, this might be a shooting range, rental guns, gunsmithing services (cost of shipping a gun to somewhere out of town is crazy), training, etc. We are quickly getting to the point where a small B&M retailer is not going to be able to survive by merely providing common goods for sale.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts: 5372
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby Liberty » Fri May 12, 2017 10:58 am

I tend to get a little frustrated at the smaller Brick and Mortars. The problem is the prices and models aren't obvious to a casual shopper. The long guns are typically mounted on a wall and the product information and pricing is on a tiny tag that is unreadable from the front side of the counter. Even the handguns behind the glass can be hard to read the information. The big box stores are a little better because you can see what they are selling online.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2641
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby bblhd672 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:29 am

NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"


Zoti
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby Zoti » Fri May 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Got mine today.


rentz
Senior Member
Posts: 788
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:16 am
Location: DFW

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby rentz » Sun May 14, 2017 6:41 pm


Thanks, ordered this time before they sold out.
Now to find a way to go to the ffl and get it home without the wife finding out :biggrinjester:

User avatar

aaangel
Senior Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Grand Prairie

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Postby aaangel » Mon May 15, 2017 4:25 pm

put 100 rounds thru this morning. a little stout for my small asian hand lol but, manageable. definitely will get lots of time in the rotation! yes it's wearing a blood red holster in case you didn't notice!
Image
'got to Texas ASAIC.


Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wheelgun1958 and 1 guest