S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

cheezit
Posts in topic: 2

Re: S&W M&P45 Shield $224.99 After Rebate

Post by cheezit »

Lena wrote:Academy matches plus 5% more off
Thank you.

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Post by apostate »

... assuming they have any in stock. ;-)

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Excaliber »

cmgee67 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I bought a Shield 9mm for Martha, but this deal may be too good to pass up for a backup. I'd like some feedback from folks who have shot a Shield in .45ACP. A Glock 27 is a snappy handful of handgun and a lighter gun in .45ACP sounds like it's as much fun as slamming your fingers in a car door.

Chas.

Here's my review of it

It is the best CC gun I have ever had. They fixed the trigger on this model over the other shields. It now has a very good trigger and one I like better than Glocks. Also the new grip texture is very postitive and aggressive. The 45 shield according to S&W is the first handgun to come out with that new texture since it came out before the M&P 2.0's. The gun is lightweight and super slim. It come so with a 6 round flush fit mag and a 7 rounds extended. You can get your whole hand on the gun if you have smaller hands with the flush fit mag but the extended mag gives a full purchase. For a size comparison the gun with the extended mag is about the same height as a G19 with the flush fit it's about a G26 size but way slimmer. It has forward cocking serrations that work but are small. It breaks down like the other shields. The recoil is actually very manageable. The gun points so naturally. I shoot it better than my other pistols including my Ex carry now night stand dury glock 19. The gun just feels right. Also it's a beautiful piece. The stock sights are standard metal three dot sights that work very well instead of plastic. The fact it you need this gun. Train with the 9 carry the 45
I second everything cmgee67 has said. I picked one up months ago, gave it a try, and it's now my EDC around my home town. I upgrade to bigger / heavier / more rounds 1911 or VP9 when going to malls or large cities, but the .45 Shield is absolutely perfect most of the time - first rate stopping power, enough rounds (especially with the spare mag I always carry), easy to shoot, flat and light for excellent concealment - I think it's the best carry gun out there today. With the very affordable pricing that seems to be everywhere today, it's a no brainer.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

bagman45 wrote:Oh, for the love of God and all other great things, just BUY IT!!!!!! I must admit that I completely caved and bought one in 9mm for my wife as well ;). As for academy, while I love 'em, you'll still have to pay the sales tax, while with online purchase you get no sales tax and free shipping. Very important for a cheap like me....;) LOL!!!
However, you have to pay a FFL transfer fee. I'm ready to buy one, just don't have any experience shipping to an FFL. Anyone recommend someone in Dallas-Ft. Worth area that has reasonable fee?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

bblhd672 wrote:
bagman45 wrote:Oh, for the love of God and all other great things, just BUY IT!!!!!! I must admit that I completely caved and bought one in 9mm for my wife as well ;). As for academy, while I love 'em, you'll still have to pay the sales tax, while with online purchase you get no sales tax and free shipping. Very important for a cheap like me....;) LOL!!!
However, you have to pay a FFL transfer fee. I'm ready to buy one, just don't have any experience shipping to an FFL. Anyone recommend someone in Dallas-Ft. Worth area that has reasonable fee?
Call around your area to gun shops or pawn shops. Most the FFL have reasonable fees and many give discounts for LTC holders. Here in Irving I pay $10.00 and that is a lot cheaper than taxes.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:

Alittle further south, but Alvarado pawn will do a $10 transfer for LTC holder.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Academy just told me they do not price match with Palmetto State Armory.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

EastTexasRancher
Posts in topic: 2

Post by EastTexasRancher »

If you go to gunbroker.com, and put in that you want to order a firearm, it will get you to a point where you can pick an FFL near to where you live. It will list them by address and by fee.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Lynyrd »

bblhd672 wrote: However, you have to pay a FFL transfer fee. I'm ready to buy one, just don't have any experience shipping to an FFL. Anyone recommend someone in Dallas-Ft. Worth area that has reasonable fee?
When you order from Palmetto, create an account first with your address info. Towards the end of the order process they will show you a list of FFL dealers they already have info on that is withing XX miles of your zip code. Pick the one you want, and call them.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

loktite

Post by loktite »

Don't forget to check the http://texaschlforum.com/viewforum.php?f=22 FFL holder forum here as well.
NRA Endowment Member

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

For full disclosure, +$17 shipping to Houston, so $242 + FFL fee. Still a great deal.

rotor

Post by rotor »

bblhd672 wrote:
From Academy website

Will Academy Sports + Outdoors match the price of a competitor?

If you find a lower price somewhere else on an identical, in-stock merchandise item advertised in print by any local retailer or online by any select online retailer, show us the ad while it remains valid and we will beat it by 5%. We will also match academy.com pricing for in store purchases and in-store pricing for Academy.com purchases. You must present a verifiable copy of the advertised price, either by presenting the entire printed ad or a digital version on a mobile device if in store, or if purchasing on academy.com, you may present by email, fax or mail. Price must be valid at the time of purchase. We reserve the right to verify the price and availability of identical items and the right to limit quantities to one-per-customer, per day, per item. We will not issue rain checks. We reserve the right to not match misprinted ad prices, clearance, closeout/"going out of business" prices, Buy One Get One Free, special promotions, rebates, coupons, prices that require a club membership, or limited quantity offers. Select online retailers are: Amazon, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Carter's Country, Champs Sporting Goods, Dicks Sporting Goods, Eastbay, Fanatics, Gander Mountain, Hibbet Sports, Kansas Sampler, Rally House, REI, Scheels All Sports, Target and Walmart. Academy may take reasonable action to prevent fraud and abuse and to otherwise enforce this policy and all other policies, laws, rules, and regulations governing Academy, its customers, and their shopping experience.

So, the match the price deal is only for those select stores listed above. Sounds like deceptive advertising to me.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

rotor wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
From Academy website

Will Academy Sports + Outdoors match the price of a competitor?

If you find a lower price somewhere else on an identical, in-stock merchandise item advertised in print by any local retailer or online by any select online retailer, show us the ad while it remains valid and we will beat it by 5%. We will also match academy.com pricing for in store purchases and in-store pricing for Academy.com purchases. You must present a verifiable copy of the advertised price, either by presenting the entire printed ad or a digital version on a mobile device if in store, or if purchasing on academy.com, you may present by email, fax or mail. Price must be valid at the time of purchase. We reserve the right to verify the price and availability of identical items and the right to limit quantities to one-per-customer, per day, per item. We will not issue rain checks. We reserve the right to not match misprinted ad prices, clearance, closeout/"going out of business" prices, Buy One Get One Free, special promotions, rebates, coupons, prices that require a club membership, or limited quantity offers. Select online retailers are: Amazon, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Carter's Country, Champs Sporting Goods, Dicks Sporting Goods, Eastbay, Fanatics, Gander Mountain, Hibbet Sports, Kansas Sampler, Rally House, REI, Scheels All Sports, Target and Walmart. Academy may take reasonable action to prevent fraud and abuse and to otherwise enforce this policy and all other policies, laws, rules, and regulations governing Academy, its customers, and their shopping experience.

So, the match the price deal is only for those select stores listed above. Sounds like deceptive advertising to me.
Sounds like a completely worthless policy to me. The point of matching prices is to be the only place a consumer needs to go to buy something. Matching only a few select competitors is pointless, IMHO.

rentz

Post by rentz »

bblhd672 wrote:
depends on where you're at, ive used jpten sports he's over in farmers branch $15 for ltc holders.

havent ordered my shield .45 yet but probably will, i was carrying the 9 as my primary since it launched and only recently switched out to a hk p30sk a few months ago to get some more rounds....its good to have options

aaangel
Posts in topic: 4

Post by aaangel »

However, you have to pay a FFL transfer fee. I'm ready to buy one, just don't have any experience shipping to an FFL. Anyone recommend someone in Dallas-Ft. Worth area that has reasonable fee?[/quote]

In arlington, im 6 miles away from Grumpys gun Real nice guy. Operates from his home office. $15 for ltc $10 for ems/mil/le
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”