Ruger #1 for $899

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mrvmax
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Ruger #1 for $899

Post by mrvmax »

puma guy wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
puma guy wrote:
mrvmax wrote:I could not resist the temptation, I ordered one in 375 H&H. FYI Cabelas offers 5% off for Veterans so it brought the price down to $855, there's no way I could turn that down. Now to buy brass, bullets, dies........
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:If I had the money I'd have one on the way. I will have to be satisfied to hear you talk about yours.
You'll have to meet me at PSC and shoot it.
I may take you up on that. I'll bring my .444 Marlin.
Sounds like it will be high power day, I'll bring the Marlin 45-70 and the T/C S&W 500 too. By the time we're done our shoulders will be trashed.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mrvmax wrote:
puma guy wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
puma guy wrote:
mrvmax wrote:I could not resist the temptation, I ordered one in 375 H&H. FYI Cabelas offers 5% off for Veterans so it brought the price down to $855, there's no way I could turn that down. Now to buy brass, bullets, dies........
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:If I had the money I'd have one on the way. I will have to be satisfied to hear you talk about yours.
Sounds like it will be high power day, I'll bring the Marlin 45-70 and the T/C S&W 500 too. By the time we're done our shoulders will be trashed.
Doesn't anybody have a McMillan TAC .50 to help these two fools out? "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
puma guy wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
puma guy wrote:
"rlol" "rlol" I'll wear my heavy coat! :lol: At least PSC protects us from our self destruct mode by prohibiting the .50 cal stuff!
Probably should post before and after photos.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I had not seen one of these before this thread. This seems like a completely impractical gun that I definitely do not need. But it is beautiful. Maybe I should get one?

Topic author
mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I had not seen one of these before this thread. This seems like a completely impractical gun that I definitely do not need. But it is beautiful. Maybe I should get one?
You need one but you don't know it yet.

Topic author
mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
puma guy wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
puma guy wrote:
I'll also bring the 458 SOCOM too, it's recoil is mild compared to the S&W 500.

Topic author
mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Picked up the #1 yesterday, got out of work early and went by Cabelas. Being an FFL I should know better but I didn't look it over very well. He pulled it out of the box and I looked quickly for scratches or other problems then boxed it up. The front sight looked weird but I was trying to hurry so I never looked very close. When I got home I found out the front sight was broken off, part was still in the dove tail but the rest was nowhere to be found. I spent 30 minutes on hold between the Cabelas League City store and the 1 800 Cabelas customer service before I could talk with someone about it. Supposedly Ruger is going to mail me a front sight. I was hoping to shoot it this weekend so now I have to mount a scope in order to shoot it.

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”