Ruger #1 for $899

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mrvmax
Posts in topic: 10

Ruger #1 for $899

Post by mrvmax »

Cabelas has the Ruger #1 on sale right now for $899, that's a smoking good deal, FYI wholesale on those is close to $1200. I've always wanted one and am tempted to buy one in 375 H&H.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Ruger #1 for $899

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mrvmax wrote:Cabelas has the Ruger #1 on sale right now for $899, that's a smoking good deal, FYI wholesale on those is close to $1200. I've always wanted one and am tempted to buy one in 375 H&H.
That's a good deal, and that's a caliber I'd certainly consider for that rifle, although I've always had an inexplicable desire to own and shoot a .416 Rigby.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
mrvmax wrote:Cabelas has the Ruger #1 on sale right now for $899, that's a smoking good deal, FYI wholesale on those is close to $1200. I've always wanted one and am tempted to buy one in 375 H&H.
That's a good deal, and that's a caliber I'd certainly consider for that rifle, although I've always had an inexplicable desire to own and shoot a .416 Rigby.
I'm trying to talk myself out of it but the price is so good. Of course it would be a safe queen, once I bought it I would not shoot it much but it would be nice to take a hog with it. I keep justifying in my mind due to the price, even at wholesale I will never seen one that cheap.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

mrvmax wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
I'm trying to talk myself out of it but the price is so good. Of course it would be a safe queen, once I bought it I would not shoot it much but it would be nice to take a hog with it. I keep justifying in my mind due to the price, even at wholesale I will never seen one that cheap.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
If it were advice from anyone else but that douche I would.......

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

mrvmax wrote: If it were advice from anyone else but that douche I would.......
:smilelol5:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

mupepe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mupepe »

I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I already bought a Wilson combat and a Python this year. I don't need this. My wife is only so patient. I don't need this. I don't need this? Do I need this?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mupepe wrote:I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. I already bought a Wilson combat and a Python this year. I don't need this. My wife is only so patient. I don't need this. I don't need this? Do I need this?
"rlol" :smilelol5: :lol: :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

dang, I can't imagine shooting a .416 or .375! call me a baby but I like some light recoiling weapons haha

Topic author
mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

jb2012 wrote:dang, I can't imagine shooting a .416 or .375! call me a baby but I like some light recoiling weapons haha
I'm drawn to heavy calibers like a Democrat to a government hand out.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
If you're going to limit yourself to one shot, go ahead and make that shot big enough to take care of business. Get the .416 Rigby. :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWOpxwcwnhE
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Topic author
mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I could not resist the temptation, I ordered one in 375 H&H. FYI Cabelas offers 5% off for Veterans so it brought the price down to $855, there's no way I could turn that down. Now to buy brass, bullets, dies........

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

mrvmax wrote:I could not resist the temptation, I ordered one in 375 H&H. FYI Cabelas offers 5% off for Veterans so it brought the price down to $855, there's no way I could turn that down. Now to buy brass, bullets, dies........
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:If I had the money I'd have one on the way. I will have to be satisfied to hear you talk about yours.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

puma guy wrote:
mrvmax wrote:I could not resist the temptation, I ordered one in 375 H&H. FYI Cabelas offers 5% off for Veterans so it brought the price down to $855, there's no way I could turn that down. Now to buy brass, bullets, dies........
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:If I had the money I'd have one on the way. I will have to be satisfied to hear you talk about yours.
You'll have to meet me at PSC and shoot it.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

mrvmax wrote:
puma guy wrote:
You'll have to meet me at PSC and shoot it.
I may take you up on that. I'll bring my .444 Marlin.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”