Field and Stream sites, 12/10-16/17 handguns for sale.

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Field and Stream sites, 12/10-16/17 handguns for sale.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Just in the last few weeks, I have been reviewing the ads for Field and Stream that have
been inserts in the Dallas Morning Snooze. They didn't contain any information about any
store locations, so I was thinking that it may just be an Internet vendor.

Well, today I went to their website: www.fieldandstreamshop.com, and lo and behold they
have at least 4 brick and mortar stores in Texas: Prosper (greater Dallas), Cedar Park (greater
Austin), Katy, and Friendswood (last 2 both greater Houston).

So, from time to time I will be posting their handguns on sale. It's too bad I didn't get last
week's sales pistols posted. They had a Kimber 1911, Duotone, 5" barrel, .45 ACP, for only $699.99.
It seems pretty rare to find Kimber's in weekly ad, plus this 1 was priced about the same
as a Ruger SR1911. But that was last week. It got me to thinking that if they could offer a Kimber
1911 for only $699.99, maybe they have other good prices on different handguns.

I don't have time to add this week's guns, but I will try to get them in here sometime this week.

This thread entry by me is meant to be a heads up on another firearms store that may be of
interest to board members.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Field and Stream sites, 12/10-16/17 handguns for sale.

Post by puma guy »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Just in the last few weeks, I have been reviewing the ads for Field and Stream that have
been inserts in the Dallas Morning Snooze. They didn't contain any information about any
store locations, so I was thinking that it may just be an Internet vendor.

Well, today I went to their website: http://www.fieldandstreamshop.com, and lo and behold they
have at least 4 brick and mortar stores in Texas: Prosper (greater Dallas), Cedar Park (greater
Austin), Katy, and Friendswood (last 2 both greater Houston).

So, from time to time I will be posting their handguns on sale. It's too bad I didn't get last
week's sales pistols posted. They had a Kimber 1911, Duotone, 5" barrel, .45 ACP, for only $699.99.
It seems pretty rare to find Kimber's in weekly ad, plus this 1 was priced about the same
as a Ruger SR1911. But that was last week. It got me to thinking that if they could offer a Kimber
1911 for only $699.99, maybe they have other good prices on different handguns.

I don't have time to add this week's guns, but I will try to get them in here sometime this week.

This thread entry by me is meant to be a heads up on another firearms store that may be of
interest to board members.

SIA
Field and Stream is a subsidiary of Dick's Sporting Goods. The Friendswood, Tx Field and Stream store is adjacent or actually adjoins a Dick's Sporting Goods. Field and Stream Stores sell AR-15's and other tactical weapons and accessories, though Dick's suspended sale of AR-15's in their stores in 2012. They are not affiliated with Field and Stream magazine, why they haven't began called out is strange to me. F&S stores also claim they were established in 1871. :headscratch The first store was opened about four years ago and Field and Stream magazine began in 1895. BTW They price match comparable stores.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

puma guy wrote: Field and Stream is a subsidiary of Dick's Sporting Goods. The Friendswood, Tx Field and Stream store is adjacent or actually adjoins a Dick's Sporting Goods. Field and Stream Stores sell AR-15's and other tactical weapons and accessories, though Dick's suspended sale of AR-15's in their stores in 2012. They are not affiliated with Field and Stream magazine, why they haven't began called out is strange to me. F&S stores also claim they were established in 1871. :headscratch The first store was opened about four years ago and Field and Stream magazine began in 1895. BTW They price match comparable stores.
There is the same setup in Lafayette, LA with the stores adjoining. Looking at google maps it looks like the Prosper, TX one is also the same setup.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

For the lazy like me, here's the link to the weekly ad:

https://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/s/weekly-ad
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Thank you for posting the link.

If that Kimber shows up again on sale, I will fight the urge to visit the Prosper
store near me.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”