Remember September 11

Post general public service announcements here. Do not post discussion topics here, only announcements.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Mike S
Posts in topic: 1

Remember September 11

Post by Mike S »

I'd ask everyone to take a moment this morning to reflect on the attack our nation withstood on September 11, 2001. Also please reflect on the heroic actions of our first responders, civilians, & troops both then, as well as each and every day over the past 16 years. Whether it was on a plan heading towards the White House, overseas or at home disrupting networks, or responding to fellow Americans cries for help during natural disasters like Harvey, our nation and her citizens are amazing.

God bless.

Jusme

Re: Remember September 11

Post by Jusme »

Mike S wrote:I'd ask everyone to take a moment this morning to reflect on the attack our nation withstood on September 11, 2001. Also please reflect on the heroic actions of our first responders, civilians, & troops both then, as well as each and every day over the past 16 years. Whether it was on a plan heading towards the White House, overseas or at home disrupting networks, or responding to fellow Americans cries for help during natural disasters like Harvey, our nation and her citizens are amazing.

God bless.

:iagree:

And although it's difficult to watch the films from that day, I do it anyway, just so I never forget. Every time I see them I still get the same feelings of anger, shock, and sadness. Along with the pride I feel when I see the heroes, who put their lives on the line for others.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Those are scenes forever engraved into my mind. I will never forget watching the horror as it unfolded. I still pray for all of those affected.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

ssnstump

Post by ssnstump »

ABSOLUTELY! Unfortunately some school systems are not even talking about 9/11/2001, let alone showing the videos.
They don't want to answer the questions or be engaged in discussions about it.
I have a 9/11 pin that I wear every day. When I worked for a large school district, I was asked to stop wearing it as it would be an insult to some.
I did not stop wearing it. Those that would have been insulted were not my concern. Those that I was honoring were my concern.
I try to be a constant reminder.

Today I was asked not to wear any clothing that would identify me as a veteran.....Not going to happen.
US Navy Submarine Service 1976-1982

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Never forget! The evil that seared itself into our history cannot be forgotten or forgiven. That our politicians, media, educators and half of the population have chosen the side of appeasement dishonors the memory of those who died on 9/11 and those who have died since then in the endless "war on terrorism".
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I was talking this morning with one of the guys I work with, and we realized the kids in college now probably don't even remember the images. I hope they remember them some other way. I know I won't ever forget that day.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “General Announcements”