Reason for Optimism?

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

wallace7777
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Reason for Optimism?

Post by wallace7777 »

Joined and donation made!

styxx
Posts in topic: 3

Post by styxx »

Thank you. :tiphat: Now I hope you can get four of five of your rights and freedoms loving friends to do the same . . .
:patriot:
Some days are better than others, but every day is a good day.

Douva
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Douva »

The Texas House Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety is scheduled to meet tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM, in the Agricultural Museum on the first floor of the Capitol's west wing, to vote on pending business.

TREKFAN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TREKFAN »

Douva wrote:The Texas House Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety is scheduled to meet tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM, in the Agricultural Museum on the first floor of the Capitol's west wing, to vote on pending business.
Still think campus and open carry will have a chance?
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15

AEA

Post by AEA »

Not at the rate that things are going so far.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Douva
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Douva »

TREKFAN wrote:
Douva wrote:The Texas House Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety is scheduled to meet tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM, in the Agricultural Museum on the first floor of the Capitol's west wing, to vote on pending business.
Still think campus and open carry will have a chance?
Despite what some politicians and pundits have said, campus carry has been a long shot ever since it was first introduced in 2009. It has always had strong support in both houses of the Texas Legislature, but it's an extremely controversial bill, and the system is stacked against controversial bills. Particularly in Texas, it's much easier to kill a bill than to pass a bill--one well-placed opponent can undercut 180 supporters.

Open carry is in the same boat, but it's a more recent comer to the Texas political stage, so it's at an even greater disadvantage.

With that said, anything can happen in the latter part of the session. Deals are cut, amendments are offered, and wheels are greased in unpredictable ways. The proverbial fat lady doesn't sing for another eight weeks.

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:A full, complete and candid analysis of the 2013 session will be provided when it is over. Until then, stay in the fight and don't divide our forces.
Thank you. I'm looking forward to hearing "the rest of the story."
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”