Rally Behind HB3218

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rally Behind HB3218

Post by BigGuy »

Emailed all members.

Also, a big thanks to you guys who keep us informed about these issues and help us get involved. And a special thanks to Mr. Cotten for leading the way and encouraging folks like me (who aren't very politically active) to get involved.

styxx
Posts in topic: 4

Post by styxx »

I called all of the Committee members offices and actually got a live person on all but one call. Respectful, rational statements of support for 3218 offered in the context of the facts of the absolutely exemplary record of CHL holders seemed to be well received.
If you have not called and/or e-mailed all of the members of the Committee, now would be a good time to stand up and be counted. Thanks to all of you that have already done so.
:patriot:
Some days are better than others, but every day is a good day.

styxx

Post by styxx »

Hey, Bigguy - Many of us have never been politically active and do not know what to do or when to do it. We have, however, finally realized that the questions really are "If not us, then who ? If not now then when ?" I cannot take credit for those questions - they are from far clearer thinkers than I - but if I want my grandchildren to enjoy the same rights and freedoms that I have, I simply must start standing up for their future.

SherwoodForest

Post by SherwoodForest »

HB 3218 recognizes that CHL holders are responsible citizens, and that public saftety is not enhanced by laws that require these CHL holders to leave loaded handguns locked inside their parked vehicles subject to criminal break-in. I thought this was one lesson taken away from the 1991 Luby's tragedy in Kileen.

I shared the above thoughts with Rep. Pickett's office moments ago - along with my request that he take prompt action in Committee to consider HB 3218.

styxx

Post by styxx »

Excellent. :tiphat:

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

Done.

Best bill this session.

:txflag:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

Done

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I've written all the committee members as well as my local Rep, who happens to be one of the co-sponsors of HB 706 (campus carry bill). I'm trying to arrange to attend his town hall on Friday night to discuss HB3218 specifically. If we can get 3218 passed, 706 becomes moot. (I suppose I'll find a more gentle way of describing that to him :mrgreen: ).
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by canvasbck »

I called all of the committee members and told their staffers that if 3218 is not voted out of committee during their next meeting, I will make sure that each and every one of them faces a primary challenger during the next election and I will be donating heavily to their primary challenger. I reminded them that they work for we the people and they need to remember that! I let a few of the Democratic committeemen know that I thought it was treasonous the way they have been just sitting on pro gun legislation. They need to break away from their lobbyist provided parties and lavish lunches to try and do some of the work of the people. :smash:

I'M KIDDING!! I used some of the statements in Charles' blog to talk about the excellent track record of CHL's and how this bill would be a welcomed expansion of our right to defend ourselves wherever we happen to come across those who wish us harm. And thanked them for taking the time to take my call.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

styxx

Post by styxx »

"rlol" :thumbs2:
I almost had a hernia while I was reading the first couple of lines of the above but when I realized who the author was I started laughing long before before I got to the bottom lines. Whew.

Monkey404error

Post by Monkey404error »

Emailed all the listed representatives. Gonna have to wait to call till after classes tomorrow. This bill is big for me, since I'll be on a campus for another few years.
:txflag:
http://concealedcampus.org/index.htm
Students should also have the rights to defend themselves

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by canvasbck »

styxx wrote:"rlol" :thumbs2:
I almost had a hernia while I was reading the first couple of lines of the above but when I realized who the author was I started laughing long before before I got to the bottom lines. Whew.
Really? I only got one person with that....................Gotta work on my delivery! :biggrinjester:
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Two
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Wish this one was the one that was passed out of committee.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

lrpettit
Posts in topic: 3

Post by lrpettit »

Doesn't it seem strange that Joe Pickett voted against the campus carry bill yesterday? If he's the gatekeeper for all the other bills (including 3218), we may have a problem!
Opinions are my own, commonly worthless, and should not be relied upon. I am not a lawyer.
LTC Holder

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”