SB1349: A Criminal’s Dream Come True!

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SB1349: A Criminal’s Dream Come True!

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Despite some folks protestations, THIS is the sort of thing that keeps me voting Republican. Can you imagine if the Democrat Party was in control of this state? This bill might not make it through in its current form, but it might make it through in some form, and look where that would put us. If you don't like the folks who are on the ballot, put up candidates of your own, or make your voice heard in the primary, but please, do not give up...because I know the other side sure won't...

JKTex
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JKTex »

SlickTX wrote:I recall a news story in the past several months where an Asian shop owner shot a black robber (I don't remember the exact details of the crime). A huge public storm erupted. I'm pretty sure he's just pandering to his constituents and doesn't really think this measure will pass.

Edit: I found the link to the story: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/communit ... tation.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This. West and others couldn't keep their positions all these years without the neighborhoods they exploit.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

Worse, there is that Price guy a kind of commissioner of some sort who was caught with bundle of cash that was confiscated by the Feds as bribery money. He is still serving on hist post.
DALLAS — There has been more legal wrangling in the attempt by Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price to get cash seized by federal agents returned to him.

Price's attorney filed a motion on Tuesday saying the government is guilty of hypocrisy.

The FBI seized about $230,000 in cash during a raid in June, 2011.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas/C ... 06971.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Like I said, they are all crooks. Been watching this go on for 20+ years and it never changes.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

Beiruty wrote:Worse, there is that Price guy a kind of commissioner of some sort who was caught with bundle of cash that was confiscated by the Feds as bribery money. He is still serving on hist post.
DALLAS — There has been more legal wrangling in the attempt by Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price to get cash seized by federal agents returned to him.

Price's attorney filed a motion on Tuesday saying the government is guilty of hypocrisy.

The FBI seized about $230,000 in cash during a raid in June, 2011.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas/C ... 06971.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Price hasn't been charged with anything, yet so it makes the FBI activity look a little strange. But anyone that's old enough to remember the younger more publicly outspoken John Wiley Price and all of his antics, arrests etc. you know once they are ready to charge, it's going to be good! They are already others serving time.

And he is a County Commissioner and has been for years.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I have always told people that the difference between Dallas and Houston is the Dallas is the New York City of Texas while all the smart people live in Houston.

No slight intended to anyone outside of Houston.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

:smilelol5: I'm not sure about that, but the core of the City of Dallas is surely different, but the same thing goes for the core of Houston I think. It's those inner city areas that people like them can exploit their people and have them hooked for years and do anything for them, and keeping them in office is a given.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Interesting. Will watch it.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

West was an honored guest at our company Christmas party about 6 years ago (before they fired me, a whole 'nother story) and I was quite proud of the way my wife lit into him for several of his policies and proposals. Of course it didn't make me popular at the company, which probably played a part in my eventual departure.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

NEB

Post by NEB »

Funny definition of "honor" that your company had....

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

If something like this were to pass, a certain-someone would probably stand to gross quite a bit more in his overall take.

Just saying...
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

NEB wrote:Funny definition of "honor" that your company had....
Yeah, I broke my finger on the job, doing work I wasn't supposed to be doing but was told to do, with inadequate equipment, and they fired me the day I was released from workman's comp.

Of course they got in a deal of trouble with workman's comp. because they were not insured for engineers to be doing field site surveys.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”