Letter to Governor Rick Perry

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bizarrenormality

Re: Letter to Governor Rick Perry

Post by bizarrenormality »

JKTex wrote:
JJVP wrote: IMHO, Perry needs to put up or shut up. I don't want him giving speeches about how pro 2A he is, if he can't even support what he says he believes in. No one is proposing that he unilaterally declares abolishes 46.03 and 46.035 an allow CHL'ers to carry everywhere, even if he could. All we want is a chance for a vote of the full legislature on these bills. They have been held hostage the last few sessions by a few minority, even when the majority supports and would vote for them. "Maybe next session" is getting old.

:tiphat:
Think about this. 100 people want to go through a gate, but 1 holds the key to the lock and won't unlock it, those 100 can't go through. You have to overcome that 1. It seems like we have the wrong people holding keys keeping the majority from progressing.
:iagree: When he has the keys to the special session and doesn't add campus carry, it's time for a new keymaster.

P.S. Gozer!

suthdj
Posts in topic: 7

Post by suthdj »

How I look at it, he may have signed all the gun bills in front of him, that is easy he just signs what they hand him. Now for him to not do something when he has the power that is failure on his part and the only way I have to punish him is by voting against him, See so simple. Yes this may make some upset because it is against what they want but that is why or system is so great we can voice our displeasure at the ballot box.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 9

Post by K.Mooneyham »

ALCSTUDIOS wrote:
ALCSTUDIOS wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:
ALCSTUDIOS wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:
ALCSTUDIOS wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:Would you like the next governer to be shila Jackson or her ilk? We don't want total left of left, total left or total right. We need to stay in the middle of left and right.
I don't care if the Gov. is Dem, Rep, Indep, Tea Partier, or Green, as long as they govern for the people, not govern the people.
There is a lot more to consider than just the 2nd Amendment.
I look at the Governer of a State in the light as the President of the U.S.. The job titles are interchangeable. The Governer does the same thing for the State as the President does for the combined States. They both are there to Govern for the people.
If you want to do something look at YOUR Representatives (Senate and House)to the State. Hold those individuals responsible.
I did look at MY Representatives (Senate and House) to the State... This happened during the regular session. The regular session has ended and now it is up to our Governor to add bills to the call during a special session and that is why I posted in a "Rick Perry" thread . Would Sheila Jackson add pro gun bills to a special session, no way.... but neither would Rick Perry :)
If you can draw equivalence between Governor Perry and Sheila Jackson Lee, especially when it comes to firearms related matters, then I really have no way to have any sort of conversation with you on the subject.

I understand sir, I was being very rude and ask you to accept my apology, anyone that survived kommifornia and left for Texas deserves my respect
If you cannot read the first line from Mel's quote and the last line from my quote (smiley face included) then I agree.... you really don't have a way to have a conversation with me on the subject... :lol:
Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say. And maybe I should point out where I'm coming from on this. While I don't believe Rick Perry to be the best governor ever, I have had to live with much worse. I spent 10 years of my USAF career in the State of California. Gray Davis was governor when I first got there in 1998, then came Arnold Schwarzenegger (completely RINO) and finally Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown, by the time my service ended and I got my family and myself back home to Texas. Each one of those three happily signed anti-firearms legislation. I'll take Rick Perry over any of those three (or anyone in their mold) in a heartbeat.
I understand sir, I was being very rude and ask you to accept my apology, anyone that survived kommifornia and left for Texas deserves my respect
No apology necessary, but thank you. And it was good to be back in Texas. I was born and raised in East and South Texas, around firearms all my life. So living in California gives a person a bit of a different perspective on things (I know there are several folks on here who probably have a much deeper knowledge on the subject than I do). There is a firearms advocacy group out there called CalGuns, and I really feel for those folks. Its a real tough row to hoe for them, as the old saying goes. Things could certainly better here, but seeing what I have seen, I know it could be a LOT worse.

GrillKing
Posts in topic: 4

Post by GrillKing »

suthdj wrote:How I look at it, he may have signed all the gun bills in front of him, that is easy he just signs what they hand him. Now for him to not do something when he has the power that is failure on his part and the only way I have to punish him is by voting against him, See so simple. Yes this may make some upset because it is against what they want but that is why or system is so great we can voice our displeasure at the ballot box.
And that is exactly how Bill White (or similar) would become the next Governor of Texas.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

:iagree: When he has the keys to the special session and doesn't add campus carry, it's time for a new keymaster.

P.S. Gozer!
Gozer the Traveller for Governor, why vote for the lesser evil! :coolgleamA:

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

GrillKing wrote:
suthdj wrote:How I look at it, he may have signed all the gun bills in front of him, that is easy he just signs what they hand him. Now for him to not do something when he has the power that is failure on his part and the only way I have to punish him is by voting against him, See so simple. Yes this may make some upset because it is against what they want but that is why or system is so great we can voice our displeasure at the ballot box.
And that is exactly how Bill White (or similar) would become the next Governor of Texas.
Then maybe Perry should have stepped up to the plate when he was called.
21-Apr-09 filed online

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

suthdj wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
That would be punishing the people of the State of Texas more than it would be punishing Perry. Cutting the nose off to spite the face.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

mojo84 wrote:
suthdj wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
That would be punishing the people of the State of Texas more than it would be punishing Perry. Cutting the nose off to spite the face.
I am 1 vote, but if you have a better idea on how to punish him so it only hurts him I am all ears.
21-Apr-09 filed online

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

suthdj wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
suthdj wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
I am 1 vote, but if you have a better idea on how to punish him so it only hurts him I am all ears.
Make sure there is a better candidate in the running for which to vote by actively participating in the process. Splitting the vote just to punish him can come back to haunt you. I can assure you I would rather have Perry in office with his record than Bill White or Julian or Juan Castro.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

mojo84 wrote:
suthdj wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
suthdj wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
Make sure there is a better candidate in the running for which to vote by actively participating in the process. Splitting the vote just to punish him can come back to haunt you. I can assure you I would rather have Perry in office with his record than Bill White or Julian or Juan Castro.
As of last election I stopped worrying about splitting the the vote as I will no longer vote along party lines so that is not an issue, now as for Perry I hope a better person shows up on stage to run against him. The Repubs have become something I don't like the only thing good lately is Cruz.
21-Apr-09 filed online

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I don't vote on party lines either. I do know that voting out of spite can do more harm than good. If there is not a better overall candidate than Perry then I'll vote for him.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

suthdj wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
You'd rather have proven anti-gun former Houston Mayor Bill White as Governor?

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

suthdj wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
suthdj wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
suthdj wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
As of last election I stopped worrying about splitting the the vote as I will no longer vote along party lines so that is not an issue, now as for Perry I hope a better person shows up on stage to run against him. The Repubs have become something I don't like the only thing good lately is Cruz.
Unfounded, overlybroad statements like this are so frustrating. You ignore the Republicans who stood with us file, supported and voted for pro-gun bills we want. I understand the emotion involved, but trying to undermine future efforts is not a plan for success, it's a plan for self-destruction.

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
The battlefield for gun owners is the Republican primary.

Chas.
Exactly my point in my previous posts. We all need to get involved to determine who will actually represent our interests with more than lip service, not only 2A, and work hard to support their efforts to get on the ballot. Then we need to support them at the general election for office. Just getting mad and voting for the other guy is not the answer.

Good to see you back on the forum Mr. Cotton.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

mojo84 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
The battlefield for gun owners is the Republican primary.

Chas.
Exactly my point in my previous posts. We all need to get involved to determine who will actually represent our interests with more than lip service, not only 2A, and work hard to support their efforts to get on the ballot. Then we need to support them at the general election for office. Just getting mad and voting for the other guy is not the answer.

Good to see you back on the forum Mr. Cotton.
:iagree: Indeed. Something I can get onboard with.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”