Letter to Governor Rick Perry

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

GrillKing
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Letter to Governor Rick Perry

Post by GrillKing »

nightmare wrote:
GrillKing wrote: that is how Bill White becomes Governor
Rick Perry took a gamble we asked him not to take. If he loses that's on him.
If he loses that's on us. Yep, we would have really stuck it to the man. As Bill White vetoes every pro-gun bill sent to his desk. Yep. That's a real win for us.... If that happens I won't blame Rick Perry, I'll blame those that took their ball and went home because they didn't get their way.

Edit: My last post/respponse on this topic.

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gringo pistolero »

GrillKing wrote:Bill White
Are you his new campaign manager? That's the most press I have seen him get all year.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

tbrown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tbrown »

It looks like he might need to find a different boogeyman.

http://www.chron.com/jobs/article/Bill- ... 316060.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
White ruled himself out of running for statewide office next year, when Perry and U.S. Senator John Cornyn, a Republican, are up for re-election. The state's other U.S. Senate seat was won by Republican Ted Cruz in the November election.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Post by srothstein »

Thanks Paperchunker. I hope he changes his mind because I don't see him winning that race. It is too crowded with very good choices, even if Dewhurst does not run again. But the governor slot is wide open right now.
Steve Rothstein

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Blindref757 »

Gregg Abbott (sp) is the next governor of Texas. It won't be close.

ComeAndTakeIt

Post by ComeAndTakeIt »

Blindref757 wrote:Gregg Abbott (sp) is the next governor of Texas. It won't be close.
This. With Patterson as Lt. Governor. Doesn't get much better than that for the people of the gun.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

TrueFlog wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
suthdj wrote:
TrueFlog wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
suthdj wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
suthdj wrote:How I look at it, he may have signed all the gun bills in front of him, that is easy he just signs what they hand him. Now for him to not do something when he has the power that is failure on his part and the only way I have to punish him is by voting against him, See so simple. Yes this may make some upset because it is against what they want but that is why or system is so great we can voice our displeasure at the ballot box.
And that is exactly how Bill White (or similar) would become the next Governor of Texas.
Then maybe Perry should have stepped up to the plate when he was called.
You'd rather have proven anti-gun former Houston Mayor Bill White as Governor?

Chas.
But, of course, that's a false dichotomy. I've seen several posts lately saying that would should continue to support Perry because he's not anti-gun, he's not as bad as White, etc. But that's simply not true - we're not limited to choosing between Perry and White. There are plenty of other candidates we can support - particularly those whith Tea Party or Libertarian views. Perry was challenged in the primaries last time around, and I'm sure he will be again. We can rally together behind someone like Medina or Abott. Can you imagine what would happen if the TSRA endorsed someone other than Perry in a primary and was up-fornt about why? Perry might still win, but at least he'd know that he can't run on past victories forever. The same holds true for the Lt. Governor and legislative offices.
Yep
Then you are an enemy of the Second Amendment and Texas gun owners.

Chas.
Do you care to back up that personal attack? Can you explain to me why I'm an enemy? Is it because I think we can do better than Perry or because I questioned your almighty wisdom?
Sorry, I misread the post. I thought the "yup" was in response to my question as to whether suthdj would prefer Bill White to Rick Perry as Governor.
I apologize for the comment and for stirring up a lot of folks! :oops:

Chas.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

:leaving I did that once too. :leaving
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

TrueFlog
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TrueFlog »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
TrueFlog wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
suthdj wrote:
TrueFlog wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
suthdj wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
suthdj wrote:How I look at it, he may have signed all the gun bills in front of him, that is easy he just signs what they hand him. Now for him to not do something when he has the power that is failure on his part and the only way I have to punish him is by voting against him, See so simple. Yes this may make some upset because it is against what they want but that is why or system is so great we can voice our displeasure at the ballot box.
And that is exactly how Bill White (or similar) would become the next Governor of Texas.
Then maybe Perry should have stepped up to the plate when he was called.
You'd rather have proven anti-gun former Houston Mayor Bill White as Governor?

Chas.
But, of course, that's a false dichotomy. I've seen several posts lately saying that would should continue to support Perry because he's not anti-gun, he's not as bad as White, etc. But that's simply not true - we're not limited to choosing between Perry and White. There are plenty of other candidates we can support - particularly those whith Tea Party or Libertarian views. Perry was challenged in the primaries last time around, and I'm sure he will be again. We can rally together behind someone like Medina or Abott. Can you imagine what would happen if the TSRA endorsed someone other than Perry in a primary and was up-fornt about why? Perry might still win, but at least he'd know that he can't run on past victories forever. The same holds true for the Lt. Governor and legislative offices.
Yep
Then you are an enemy of the Second Amendment and Texas gun owners.

Chas.
Do you care to back up that personal attack? Can you explain to me why I'm an enemy? Is it because I think we can do better than Perry or because I questioned your almighty wisdom?
Sorry, I misread the post. I thought the "yup" was in response to my question as to whether suthdj would prefer Bill White to Rick Perry as Governor.
I apologize for the comment and for stirring up a lot of folks! :oops:

Chas.
Apology accepted. We all make mistakes on occasion. (And I realize you weren't replying directly to me, but I felt you were lumping the two of us together.)

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

Blindref757 wrote:Gregg Abbott (sp) is the next governor of Texas. It won't be close.
I would vote for Greg Abbott.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

hillfighter wrote:After he chose not to support CHL in the special session, he chose not to get my support for any office. Not national. Not state. Not even local dog catcher.

If gun owning friends in other states ask me about Perry in the future, my answer will be a lot less complimentary than it was in 2012. :mad5
Problem is, like the last few POTUS primary seasons, the nomination will be locked up before we here in TX get a chance to vote. A lot of votes in blue and purple states pile up before TX has a say in who the next nominee is. The GOP higher ups want Jeb Bush, and they'll order the primaries to ensure he gets the nod. It will be a done deal before we have a say.

And like hillfighter, I'm also a bit disappointed in that we didn't get any major wins in this session. Enough to where the polly-tic-ians can say "we did something", but nothing of major substance. That we can't gain when we have an overwhelmingly GOP elected body is disappointing. I did hear Dan Patrick say that no major 2A bills made progress because members of the Senate & House weren't pushing for it, which they read as there being little support for the bills.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”