HB49 Filed

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bladed
Posts in topic: 6

Re: HB49 Filed

Post by Bladed »

nightmare69 wrote:
Bladed wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:So if this bill is passed and become law I have a few questions...

1. Where will I be able to carry that Im not allowed to now?

2. It says it takes either 2/3 vote and become effective immediately or it will go into effect Sept 1st. Does that mean that this bill will become law regardless if it gets the votes or not?
I'm not sure what you're asking, but the bill still has to pass. Just like any bill, it must be passed out of committee in both the House and the Senate, be passed out of the Calendars Committee in the House, and be passed by majority vote on both second and third reading in both the House and the Senate.
Read the last paragraph on the last page of the bill.
I read it. That last paragraph is pretty standard language, and I think it's pretty clear. I'm still not sure what your question is--are you asking if the bill can become law without passing?

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 5

Post by nightmare69 »

Bladed wrote:
I read it. That last paragraph is pretty standard language, and I think it's pretty clear. I'm still not sure what your question is--are you asking if the bill can become law without passing?
Yeah but its been answered already. Im still new at this whole politics thing, don't bash me because Im young and ignorant, my generation is your future. :lol:
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

nightmare69 wrote:
Bladed wrote:
Yeah but its been answered already. Im still new at this whole politics thing, don't bash me because Im young and ignorant, my generation is your future. :lol:
We're DOOMED!! :evil2:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

paperchunker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by paperchunker »

nightmare69 wrote:
Bladed wrote:
You seem to be trying to learn, however your generation gives me nightmares ! :banghead:
NRA/LTC Instructor
NRA Patriot Life- Endowment Member

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 5

Post by nightmare69 »

Yeah Im learning. I never got into politics until the Sen Frankenstein's AWB was introduced with all the other gun control legislation. Reading the laws in its natural text is like trying to read ancient Greek.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

booze97
Posts in topic: 1

Post by booze97 »

RoyGBiv wrote:
JJVP wrote:
blwill wrote:Here's a link to the text:

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/83 ... navpanes=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is a small issue. On top of page 7, the phrase "of the same category as the handgun the person is carrying" needs to be deleted. It no longer applies, or will not after September 1st.
And on page 3, line 10... "section d" numbering is deleted, but they forgot to replace the "d" with a "b".
Otherwise... Perfection.

Standing by to make phone calls.
The "b" is there. It's back on page 2. They struck everything after (b) down through (d) on the next page.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”