Kinda sums up our Open Carry bull

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
miedoso
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Kinda sums up our Open Carry bull

Post by miedoso »

Just curious, how I am uniformed? (the guy in video is not from Iowa, if refering to him) I watch everytime, through our congress, both insurance (I am an agent) and guns. I think you may be uninformed of the fact that I've been in Texas 15ish years, so not like i just rolled in to Texas. I do understand enough, to know that we are being roadblocked. To say I don't understand why we don't have open carry is wrong. Seems to me, some of the one's who think they are so informed, are really the misinformed. The fact that because "name calling" happened to some gov officials, was the real reason to kill the chance for that bill? Yeh, I have a bridge in the ocean to sell. I guarantee the same thing happens on every bill, from one side or the other. Be it for healthcare, to medicare. If they have that thin of skin, maybe they're in the wrong profession. The bill was dead long before it even was said to be killed. Many of you here, think calling and writing will get anything done, and I begged to differ. Was slammed for it, but what happened? It's not the bill, it's the leaders that will bring the bill to the front. Plain and simple. If people can't see that, they are the uninformed or misinformed. As per the last sentence posted, some people can't see the tree cutters inside the forest, until the forest is gone. As for the questionaire, yes I know that is how they are rated, until voting. I've stated before, people inside the NRA etc need to actually look deeper, instead of saying, he said he loves guns, so that's good enough for us. A+!
Last edited by miedoso on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
miedoso
Posts in topic: 4

Post by miedoso »

Oh, and as far as the ratings not meaning anything. I do beg to differ. If we could get the ratings for the top guys who stopped campus and open carry, knocked down to, let's say a C. I am pretty sure, they would be out next round. If they can run on, "I'm A rated," Compared to anti ads saying, " He's a terrible C rating, it would surely make a difference in voting. What people in general around the US, don't understand, is that Democrats in general would love to take away all 2nd amendment rights. If not for the chance to get voted out. Thus, they say "I'm pro 2nd" just like Obama and his shotgun picture fiasco. So my point I guess in all of this, is to start pushing, writing,calling, voting etc instead towards the gun groups, to re-rate based on behavior and not limited to voting but also blocking voting etc. I personally believe, and it would take it to become fact to prove me wrong, that if everyone had a true rating on each item, be it guns or wellfare or anything inbetween there would be a different group running things.

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

If the NRA cares about campus carry, they will give the roadblocks Ds or Fs. If they don't they won't.

JKTex
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JKTex »

Ok, so 15 years in Texas is a default Historian without actually learning history or history of law. :smilelol5:

Someone that's been here for 6 months could have taken the time to learn Texas history and understand rather than digging through YouTube for videos of people who've never been here and not only don't know history but don't know law.

So no, it doesn't sum up anything but some guy who's got a YouTube channel that stands outside in the snow rambling rhetoric to his camera. A conversation piece, sure. But nothing worthy of an attempt to tie it to the Texas Legislation.

Panda
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Panda »

Just because he mocks prejudice doesn't automatically mean he's wrong.

XinTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by XinTX »

miedoso wrote: I think it shows a failure of the gun lobbyists, like the NRA etc, putting Dems in charge, and giving A ratings, where it clearly should be at best, C.

But the simple fact is, that we have wrong ratings per NRA etc for our leaders in Texas, and that should change.
Yeah, this is kind of a sore spot with me as well. NRA keeps giving out A ratings to polly-tic-ians who have never "voted against" a pro-gun bill, yet work feverishly behind the scenes to block and real, true, pro 2A bills. Wonder if they give Strauss and 'A'?

Case in point, Joe Manchin. Guy on another board is active with WVCDL. They were constantly blocked getting any bills through due to Manchin (when he was Gov, and even earlier) stopping good pro 2A bills. But he would always sign meaningless bills (a few of which, IMO, we got in this last legislative session). But he could claim he'd never "voted against" or vetoed any pro gun legislation. So he gets an A. We saw his true colors during the entire "Manchin-Toomey" bit earlier. But folks in WVCDL were not the least bit surprised by his actions. They'd seen him for what he was for years.

And I've been searching to see which members of the TX House voted to elect Strauss, yet again, to the speakership. I can't seem to find that anywhere. It would be good if the pro 2A organizations could put the pressure on the members to keep him out of that chair the next go around. If my own TX Rep voted for him, I'll gladly vote against him in the next primary. He narrowly won his primary race, and his opponent still wants the seat.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

Pacifist

Post by Pacifist »

XinTX wrote:And I've been searching to see which members of the TX House voted to elect Strauss, yet again, to the speakership. I can't seem to find that anywhere. It would be good if the pro 2A organizations could put the pressure on the members to keep him out of that chair the next go around. If my own TX Rep voted for him, I'll gladly vote against him in the next primary. He narrowly won his primary race, and his opponent still wants the seat.
The election was by acclimation: http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/po ... e-in-texas and, hence, there was no recorded vote, just how Straus, who yields a very large club and isn't afraid to use it, wanted it.

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

XinTX wrote:And I've been searching to see which members of the TX House voted to elect Strauss, yet again, to the speakership. I can't seem to find that anywhere. It would be good if the pro 2A organizations could put the pressure on the members to keep him out of that chair the next go around. If my own TX Rep voted for him, I'll gladly vote against him in the next primary. He narrowly won his primary race, and his opponent still wants the seat.
To use Manchin-style logic, your rep didn't vote against Straus for Speaker. :evil2:
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

gringo pistolero wrote:
To use Manchin-style logic, your rep didn't vote against Straus for Speaker. :evil2:
Which begs the question, how do we oust Strauss? Is there a way forward to get a movement going to get him from behind the Speaker's podium?
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”