Another special session?

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ALCSTUDIOS
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Another special session?

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07 ... -gun-laws/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

North Carolina gets it but Texas still doesn't... Thank god for Rick Perry<<<<< major league sarcasm.

Now let's get back to the important stuff like the difference between mute and moot.
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

SherwoodForest
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SherwoodForest »

Perhaps we should apply the same " lack of maturity " standard before sending those 18 year olds over to Iraq, and Afganistan to defend our national security. Come on now ........really !!!

Point is......the 2A right is not subject to all of these " double-think" nuances.

ALCSTUDIOS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

My point is that other states can pass "sweeping" new gun laws but Texas cannot, you can read into it all you want but my point was simple to understand.
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

JKTex
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JKTex »

ALCSTUDIOS wrote:My point is that other states can pass "sweeping" new gun laws but Texas cannot, you can read into it all you want but my point was simple to understand.
You're comparing high visibility issues with sweeping which is very different. Because 1 state tweeks a law that makes it OK to carry openly for example, doens't make them a state that was able to make "sweeping changes". Texas is unique. Unfortunately it's also very popular with those in other states and a very wide spread in socioeconomic status leaving a lot of folks that cut hard left because they want the teet to stay in there mouth and there are politicians, especially in bog cities that will pander to them, keeping them in office for their own gain. Anything they can do to "save their peeps" makes them a hero and if they can shoot down expanding gun rights to make their peeps feel safer on their crime infested streets, they will. They just don't realize that crime is a necessary tool to keep the fear.

Get all that crap out of politics and you'll see sweeping changes of truly common sense.

I'll share a comment from a recent transplant to Texas. He lives in north Texas, north of DFW. In regards to Obamacare he proclaims that "they" meaning people like him who have come here to live, will ignore all the neanderthal rednecks and fix this state whether we like it or not. It's not an uncommon thought amongst liberal escapees from toilet bowl cities and states that they need to bring the very things that made the place the kind of place you want to move away from. :txflag: Where will that border fence do the most good? Not on the south that's for sure.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”